Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Items

Am I the only one that seems to have items go missing in the build catalogues. Today it was wall paper. Sometimes if I search for the item it can then be found but today its wall paper and I have no idea what the pattern was called. I closed up the game in frustration. (I have EVERY stuff pack and ever expansion pack and purchased them ONLY for building and decorating options so its maddening when I can not find items I have used previously. Is this a regular occurrence?
"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I find that happens to me when I search through the colour variations of a particular wallpaper and the last one sticks as the viewable pattern that I can see. I keep forgetting where some of those "Glam" wallpapers are and look for them in the wrong folder.
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@Mchap353
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I find that happens to me when I search through the colour variations of a particular wallpaper and the last one sticks as the view-able pattern that I can see. I keep forgetting where some of those "Glam" wallpapers are and look for them in the wrong folder.
    The problem for me is I carefully search every folder! The paper I wanted to use just will not appear. (The one with circles that match the rug for kids rooms is in fact the one that went missing.)

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

@Mchap353 :neutral: So ALL that was required was to close the game. Today I find "Dots of Color" wall paper on the top line of wall paper folders! This is a huge irritant! One does not want to need to shut down and reload to find catalogue items! Anyway, it's back in the line up after rebooting the game. I should have known to try rebooting when an item can not be located after a through search of the folders but I always think it's my bad memory, first. ;)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Glad you managed to find it. :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    That happens to me in Sims 3 all the time. (I'm presuming you are talking about Sims 4. Don't play that enough to have experienced it there.) For months I couldn't find either of the wedding arches that came with Generations, although I could find all of the various Store arches. Months later, they suddenly showed up again, in the same place I had expected to find them before.

No idea why the games glitch like that, but it is annoying, isn't it? Sad to hear that it happens in Sims 4 as well. I was hoping the code was improved enough that it wouldn't.

@MiaSkywalker Yes, it is very annoying! BUT at least in Sims 4, if not in the usual line-up in the catalogue, a search for the item by name will usually find it and also show hidden items will reveal most things that seem to have disappeared. The problem arises if one does not know what the item was called. I will never again forget the name 0f wall covering "Dots of Color"! :p