Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bi-folding doors

RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
edited July 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I really would love to see bi-folding doors added to the game.

They would look great with the modern glass windows.

Anybody else agree?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Yes! Those would be so cool!

There are so many things I want but they keep sending us the same stuff it seems like.

I REALLY want new stairs. I am sick to death of the straight up and down. Spiral? U-shape? L-shape? Any and all would help us builders to play around more with home layouts.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I would LOVE to see bi-folding doors added. Both windows and wood slatted versions; which would make awesome walk-in closets. Plus, I would like to see sliding glass doors make a return, those were always nice for my starter homes. :)
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    Yes please!
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Pocket doors. I want pocket doors.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    I really would love to see bi-folding doors added to the game.

They would look great with the modern glass windows.

Anybody else agree?

Yes!

This too! I'd love both fancy interior wooden pocket doors, like in old houses, and modern glass sliding doors.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Yes, I would like them added to the game. I know that they are available as cc but I still want them as well as more choices for stairs in the game.
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    we can hope ;)
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited May 2017
    French doors that can be left open too like this:

14bhw5s.jpg
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »

14bhw5s.jpg

Doors and Fence Gates. That would be an amazing Door interaction if you can "Leave door/Gate Open"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    ladybreid wrote: »

14bhw5s.jpg

Doors and Fence Gates. That would be an amazing Door interaction if you can "Leave door/Gate Open"

That is one thing that always bothered me about the sims is that the doors in the houses are all closed. In my home doors are only closed when privacy is needed otherwise they are open so the home is more inviting. Closed doors make the homes look closed off, dark, small and uninviting.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I had a thread requesting the bifold doors, sliding doors, pocket doors, accordion doors, revolving doors, etc back in 2012 but a mod recently shut it down. I'm thinking of re-starting it, but I saw this thread. The old thread is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16423873#Comment_16423873
    But, since it can't get new posts I figured I could butt in on this thread (I hope you don't mind). There are a variety of different bifold doors-- solid, with mirrors, louvered, glass, etc.

Additionally, I wanted more specialized doors like vault doors, revolving doors, pet doors, hatch doors (on the floor), under-stairs doors, round doors, cellar doors, shoji screen doors and so forth.

Anyone think it's worth it for me to post my pictures from my old thread?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I want pocket doors, sliding glass doors and sliding barn doors
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd be happy with good old fashioned sliding patio doors.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member

I too am in favor of Pocket Doors. I would love to have them for the restroom. Plus you could go futuristic with them too.
    aprilrose wrote: »

I want pocket doors, sliding glass doors and sliding barn doors

Myself as well.

I also really want to have the doors that I have seen on Pinterest that have glass and say "Pantry" or "Laundry" on them
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I'd be interested in a Build System that allowed you to change the style and and Movements of a Door or Window, Like replacing the Glass with Rice Paper, or changing a Door into a Sliding door, these would be awsome features if Implemented, especally for builders, and perhaps a similer function for Stairs as well, Like Having Spiral Stairs that work off of the Stairs already ingame (as in the Theme of stairs, like the Ascension Staircase, or otherwise).
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd especially like sliding glass doors, but bifold and pocket doors would be great too. So would curtain "doors".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top