Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the parties?

There used to be a happening party every other night. Now, not so much. I remember the forums all upset that there were too many parties. Did they tweak something?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited April 2017
    imhappy wrote: »
    There used to be a happening party every other night. Now, not so much. I remember the forums all upset that there were too many parties. Did they tweak something?

Do you mean being invited to birthday parties or dance parties? Every other kind of party in the game is player-initiated. I don't recall seeing people complain about birthday-party invitations being too frequent (dance party invitations maybe?), and the invitations can all be turned down.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    My sims used to get invited to dance parties. She would get a call from some random sim, and then accept. Then there would be a party at the bluffs. I remember people complained that there were too many dance parties. That all the stuff packs were party-oriented for Young Adults.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    My sims used to get invited to dance parties. She would get a call from some random sim, and then accept. Then there would be a party at the bluffs. I remember people complained that there were too many dance parties. That all the stuff packs were party-oriented for Young Adults.

People complained about the SPs being party-oriented but couldn't point to much of anything in them that way, so yeah. As for the parties at the bluffs, it tells you that's what the invite is before you accept it - it's not a surprise. I don't recall anyone saying they had a problem being forced to party. I do recall a few complaints that the invitations were too frequent; I suppose that given the pack's been out for a year and a quarter, they got used to it? Or maybe it was toned down - I haven't noticed that, but could be.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I liked the parties at the bluff. Now I don't get any invites. So I thought they may have toned it down. But maybe my sim isn't popular any more :(
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Something is definitely different with the invitations. The frequency has certainly gone way down from what it was before.

My Sim used to get an invitation to go to a dance party, happy hour or a club everyday, usually at about 7pm. Not anymore. Now those calls come in every few days instead. Unfortunately, Sims now call to invite him to a dance party between 2:30am and 5:30am when he can't go.

Invitations to Happy Hour come about once a week usually on Ghost Night so I have my Sim decline. He never gets an invitation to Knight's Night anymore or to any of the other themed Happy Hours.

I wondered if it was my game but maybe something really was changed. If that's true then it seems like it was overkill. I liked it better the old way.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I noticed the change, too. My sims rarely get invited to those random raves that would pop up from time to time at the Bluffs or the Ruins. It's just birthday and promotion parties now, or those random CL calls inviting your sim out to the circus or opera.
    EiFlric.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    trueee, now that you mention it, I haven't gotten any invitations to the bluffs, or the ruins, or anything in windenburg really
    not that i'm complaining, lol
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I still get the invites to dance parties, but at completely impossible hours. Anything from midnight to 9 am. So now I usually throw my own dance parties when I feel like it. Then there's another problem: the bar doesn't spawn, only the dj booth. Happens both at the bluffs and the ruins. So the dance parties seem to be pretty bugged, at least in my game.