Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

eyelashes for sim models

How do you do it?
Do you use CC?
Do you add them when you edit?

I did a spur of the moment experiment recently, I googled 'false eyelashes' got an image of a style I liked, stuck em in photoshop, and with minimal alteration to them, stuck em on the pic of my sim.
For a first attempt, I think they look ok, but I'm sure with practice, I could get them looking a lot better
128rm52jouhd.jpg
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I don't do eyelashes on my Sims4 peeps because I don't model with Sims4, only Sims3, but sometimes CC lashes don't fit the eye shape properly. I used to be a huge fan before Sims4 came out of using eyelash brushes on my sims. This was before we had S-Club's eyelash mod for TS3. After S-Club came out with their eyelash mod I've really only used those and Sintiklia's if I want NUTSO lashes like lace pattern or feathers.

But that's all for Sims 3.

But heyyyy I think your eyelash placement looks pretty awesome! I'm not sure how I'd say to make them better cause I'm not sure what method you used to do them, but I think they look pretty spiffin'. They seem kinda Maxis-match-y. Whatever you did, you did it quite well.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I use CC. Do you need a link to some? I think majority of the community uses CC eyelashes (if they use CC of course), except for certain assignments where needing a different item requires us to remove them. Usually then people add them via eyelash brushes, not sure about stock/Google images though.

They look pretty good!
  • VicThaKillaVicThaKilla Posts: 33 New Member
    Eyelashes really make a difference! :) I use some CC eyelashes. I can't wait to learn how to make my own!
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited February 2022
    Kijiko is popular for eyelashes. They're 3D. Kijiko has several varieties, including colored lashes and lashes for children.
    I don't have them in my game right now though. (Not sure why, but probably because I removed a bunch of cc to have more room, and decided to just keep my main eyelashes and a specialty pack.)

kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes/

My main eyelashes right now are a skin detail pack. I like to have them as skin detail, because it attaches them to every outfit automatically. It's nice for characters that have naturally long and/or thick lashes.
    They're not as nice as the Kijiko, because they're not 3D. But it doesn't matter unless you zoom in for a close-up. But they are very nice. I'm not sure, but I believe they can be worn with 3D eyelashes. (Because I'm pretty sure that some of my characters did have both, before I decided to streamline my cc.)

I'm not sure, but I think it's this pack from Praline Sims. https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-makeup-female-eyeliner/title/skin-detail-lash-pack-n01/id/1451690/

I am definitely keeping my skin detail lashes in game, but I am thinking of putting another pack of 3D lashes back in to use as "mascara" for Sims that want thicker lashes for evening and party looks, and less for sleep and swimming. I might use Kijiko's colored lashes (I miss having colored lashes), but it might be fun to try something I haven't used before.