Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child abuse on The Sims 4 - Serious and URGENT!

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
Do you, producers of The Sims 4, want my feedback regarding the game?! Well, I'll give it, and it will be in this section and not in the bugs section because what I am going to speak here is something really serious.

It's been a while since my game is creating disgusting and weird situations involving adult Sims and children Sims, and these situations are making me increasingly feel like punching my computer screen whenever I see happen (and I'm not exaggerating).

I'm TIRED of seeing ped...o... you know the rest of the word (child abuse) situations and pre-abuse situations in The Sims 4, it's something that has made me sad and extremely disgusted! The obligation of you, producers, is solve problems like these as quickly as possible and make this kind of bug never happen again, because this bug is not a normal bug, and it should NEVER exist in any case.

Below you can see the kind of situation that I am referring to. I play The Sims 4 in Brazilian Portuguese but don't worry, the translation is just below the image:

qaE6AIM.jpg
I've been thinking that maybe the opposites are attracted. This sounds crazy, but let's have breakfast at Chez Lhama and see if things get hotter

This kind of situation, CLEARLY disgusting and that easily fits into a ped...o... (child abuse) scenario has happened several times since last year. Adult Sims are inviting children (alone without their parents) to go to bars, restaurants, nightclubs, among other places that are not "children's place", and most of these invitations happen at night, it's even ironic! And the worst is that some of these invitations have malicious parts, with sexual connotations in The Sims Style that fits well for adult Sims, but never for a child.

And before anyone asks me: are you using mods ?! No, I'm not using mods. And I know other people are dealing with that same kind of disgusting thing, even love relationship between kids and adults is happening in the game, with romance bar and everything! And I thought this relationship bug between adult Sims and kids had been fixed in 2015, but no, things got even worse.

The sad part is that I get these weird invitations since last year and even today it has never been fixed. And I know it's not intentional. I know producers would not encourage this kind of thing. But NEEDS to be fixed!

DO SOMETHING.

tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• Options
    miss_squeebsmiss_squeebs Posts: 60 Member
    I haven't had this happen to any of my child sims, thankfully. :#

That's really gross though, hope you get that fixed ASAP!
  • Options
    This clearly isn't intentional, and is probably a bug of some kind, because there is no such "child abuse" in the Sims otherwise. You can't ask kids on dates or do any of that stuff.

I've received a bug once where someone called up my male sim to go to "ladies' night" at the bar. I found it ridiculous and laughed it off, knowing it was a programming mishap. It's nothing to get overexcited about. I'm pretty sure they're not encouraging woo-hoo with little kids.

So the producers solve it as soon as possible because it happens a long time ago. And to me it's revolting anyway, being intentional or not (and I know it's not).
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    luanarpluanarp Posts: 1 New Member
    I completely agree. DO SOMETHING EA!!
  • Options
    GaAOCGaAOC Posts: 3 New Member
    Well... this is a bug like any other. The thing is: I think the producers should prioritize to fix this ASAP because this refers to a very serious crime. By the way, this actually isn't a rare bug. I already saw a lot of people who experienced this.
  • Options
    PontoeiGamerPontoeiGamer Posts: 1 New Member
    Unfortunately, it has happened to me.
    I know it's not something deliberate, but it really is wrong and must be corrected.
  • Options
    emillecatarineemillecatarine Posts: 2 New Member
    This happens with me, and I play the game in brazilian version too. Happens a lot, in fact (and, like you, I'm not using mods). I pass throught something like this when I was a kid, and it really, REALLY makes me sad. I know that was not mean to happen, but is really terrible. Please, do something.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2017
    This clearly isn't intentional, and is probably a bug of some kind, because there is no such "child abuse" in the Sims otherwise. You can't ask kids on dates or do any of that stuff.

I've received a bug once where someone called up my male sim to go to "ladies' night" at the bar. I found it ridiculous and laughed it off, knowing it was a programming mishap. It's nothing to get overexcited about. I'm pretty sure they're not encouraging woo-hoo with little kids.

So the producers solve it as soon as possible because it happens a long time ago. And to me it's revolting anyway, being intentional or not (and I know it's not).
    Gee calm down the person helping you doesn't work for EA they told you it was a bug this game has many bugs and some of them are laughable and some not so laughable but its still a game and you don't have to get all revolted over a bug. The company isn't encouraging younger sims to woohoo in the game the sims have to be YA and older.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    EndtylTavaresEndtylTavares Posts: 2 New Member
    This happens to me, it's getting annoying.
  • Options
    matheusthematheusthe Posts: 1 New Member
    This also happens to me, i think the sims 4 is not getting the attention it needs. !!!!
  • Options
    msannynmsannyn Posts: 1 New Member
    That's gross! They should do something fast because we all know how many children plays The Sims!
  • Options
    *shrugs* Literally nothing comes of those phone calls. But way to jump to conclusions there. You could go there as the child Sim yourself, on their own, without a phone call if you want, at midnight, at any of the venues. Child Sims can't interact with the bar or anything anyway.

The supposed problem is in your imagination, and the glitch, if it is one, is minor at best. Literally nothing happens, other than your child could go to that venue, the other Sim would appear to hang out, and that's it. *sigh* But yeah, sure... it's really something to freak out about.

It doesn't matter if nothing comes from these phone calls, even because I know that nothing will happen. What I don't want is continue to receive such connotative phone calls to the children, because its not right. This bug has been going on for months and nothing has been done about it. It's not nice a child receive invitations with strange connotations from an adult or receive calls at midnight inviting them to go to a bar or a nightclub.

I'm not worried about what comes after, because it does not have after. I am worried about these messages, which need to stop coming this way to children.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    andrea_akemiandrea_akemi Posts: 24 Member
    I agree with the member who wrote. We know that nothing will happen, but neither should there be this kind of message. Just that: no message and romantic invitations for kids! :'(
    And this is a SERIOUS bug, because if the producers left open, imagine what the modders with bad intent not to make from this failure? The game is not created properly a limit to suit that kind of message each can receive according to the age.
    And we know that there are many hatters who use this flaw to soil the image of the game, because create memes as if the game was +18. And it's not! And he, in general, if aware of this!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My Sim child gets invitations to dinner from his brother-in-law, but that's about it. The part about "opposites attract" is a bit creepy between an adult and a child, but inviting a youngster out for a burger isn't that unusual if the adult is known to the family. Just hit "cancel" and don't worry about it; it might be a bug but a fairly minor one in my opinion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NadiAirimNadiAirim Posts: 1 New Member

• Options
    Sebby16Sebby16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hate to talk about it, but for those of you who find it funny and unnecessary, I only say one thing:

I avoided the maximum possible to have children in the game to not have to go through this bug, because I was sexually abused for some years until my adolescence, and this kind of bug caused me a fu**** psychological trigger. When this happened in my game a while ago, I couldn't play for about 2 months and when I returned I had to erase all my saves because I could not play with the same family or in a "world" where that "monster" lived. And I just went back playing because of my husband's encouragement.

I know very well that it is not intentional of the producers, but if you have never been through something similar in real life, don't think that whoever went through this can click cancel and follow the game quietly as if your psychological did not burn Instantly. Empathy and common sense sent back memories.
  • Options
    there's a suspicious amount of first time posters in this topic lol

Yes, they are people who were discussing the issue in another community and have come here to leave their respective opinions. It does not change the relevance, even because, all paid for the game. :smiley:
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Yes, they are people who were discussing the issue in another community and have come here to leave their respective opinions. It does not change the relevance, even because, all paid for the game. :smiley:

if you say so :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Henrick200Henrick200 Posts: 1 New Member
    It always happen to me. Do something EA
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Happens to me all the time. It's really annoying and makes me feel a little bit sick everytime ( i know this is a game and that is a bug, but still, no).
    I have to cheat to make my child sims forget any adults for this not to happen all the time.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I noticed that to they all come to the bug post. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I've not seen that, I don't have mods or custom content. But I did see a townie adult in a fist fight with a townie teen. I would have thought that might not be by design. If it is, then it's a first in the series.

What I have are teens calling up my YA and Adult Sims to skip school with them. That borders on a little weird.

But I also have other message bugs like a message to congrat. on promotions when they don't even have a job. Or other Sims getting messages for a business they don't own etc. Just because they happened to visit it and or told the NPC worker just leveled up etc. I assume these are all bugs and not by design or bad quality control but bugs introduced in the last six months.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top