Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Switch from full site back to mobile?

StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
Hi. I accidentally put the forums in "full site" mode on my galaxy s4 and want to go back to the mobile site option. Anyone know how to do it?

Comments

• JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    At the very bottom of the page there should be an option to switch back to mobile.

It happened to me too, took me an hour to find the button again lol.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @JumpingTrains, thanks for the reply but i dont see anything on my phone like you suggested. All I see at the bottom are links for game platforms & game genres, links for ea .com, some disclaimer links, social media links, copyright info & a link named "vanilla" which appears to go to the makers of the open source code they use for the forums. Also links to ea, maxis & the esrb rating sites.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2017
    I only have the Note 3 phone, but mine has the option to "request desktop version", and "request mobile version", in the same exact spots & switches back & forth perfectly. (wording changes, depending on which version is active.
    (It's at the bottom left-hand touch-screen button - invisible until touched - then it light up.)
    This is your phone?
    N8KeGxB.jpg
    These options don't show up on the site itself - but through the phone (for me, at least)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2017
    The option has been removed possibly accidentally during the last recent update to the site.

Edit
    Tried again and saw a link to get back to the mobile version on the bottom left but it's very hard to see.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Press top 3 dots on top right of Samsung mobile screen when on a webpage. Go to History and tick top 3 boxes to clear your searches I usually leave the bottom one unticked.Then try Sims forum again. Works for me on my Samsung A3 6.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    When I accidentally done this on my phone I just removed the forums from my browser history (from whenever you switched to full site mode) and when I went back on the forums it had returned to the normal "mobile" mode.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone :smile:. I hadn't been on the mobile site in months due to a lot of things going on in rl, like having 30 days for my sister & I to find a place to move, which we managed to do with help from the Big Guy upstairs. Anyway, just checked and it seems to have fixed itself. Thanks again! :smile:.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone :smile:. I hadn't been on the mobile site in months due to a lot of things going on in rl, like having 30 days for my sister & I to find a place to move, which we managed to do with help from the Big Guy upstairs. Anyway, just checked and it seems to have fixed itself. Thanks again! :smile:.

Hello
    I am sorry that you and your sister needed to find new accomodation at short notice :( I am glad that you were able to find a new home and settle in :)