Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really.. Temporary plantsims?

Comments

• Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Eh, EA has been kinda weird lately, itching to play sims 3 tbh
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2017
    Plantsims are cool but I honestly have never played them as I actually forgotten they're around most of the time. Sorta felt like other occult states overshadow them.

As occults are not supposed to be reiterations of past releases I wonder how they're gonna add a new spin on them. I'd like to give them time to develop thoroughly. They did such an amazing job on the Vampires GP, it would take so much to be on par with it.

So I don't think a patch can cover an in-depth release of a new occult. Also with so much with the gardening aspect of the game still lacking & also the absence of seasons, there's just so much to consider & a lot of great potential when all factors come to play.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    blowing pollen into people's faces might be kind of inappropriate if you think about what the human counterpart to pollen is! :D

All the more reason to make it happen!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    It's a let down, but then again, I could say this about the whole Sims 4 game.

It is very half plum. And honestly, whoever the creators of this game are, cannot possibly be the same as the creators of the first 3 games, can they?

There is simply not the same spirit, creativity, and effort in 4, that the other 3 games possessed, that's just fact.

No, that's just your opinion. Granted others may share that opinion, but then again many others do not. Sorry to single you out but I am getting tired of this old chestnut and I'm feeling cranky today >:)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Quote from the blog
    Don't worry, if you're enjoying the PlantSim life you'll be able to keep the tree after the challenge ends, and continue transforming in to a PlantSim!
    https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-plant-sim-challenge

Also

What if people want to make a new saved game?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Quote from the blog
    Don't worry, if you're enjoying the PlantSim life you'll be able to keep the tree after the challenge ends, and continue transforming in to a PlantSim!
    https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-plant-sim-challenge

Also

What if people want to make a new saved game?

Good question. I haven't tested yet as I've been busy with work.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    You can just save the forbidden fruit to your library in a room and that way you can take it into any save. I tried it and it works. I don't think they will remove that after the event. After all they did not remove the glowfruit tree either.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    You know someone on twitter mentioned that plantsims could mean Seasons is coming soon.

I wish.
    71rbpi.png
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »

It is very half plum. And honestly, whoever the creators of this game are, cannot possibly be the same as the creators of the first 3 games, can they?

There is simply not the same spirit, creativity, and effort in 4, that the other 3 games possessed, that's just fact.

No, that's just your opinion. Granted others may share that opinion, but then again many others do not. Sorry to single you out but I am getting tired of this old chestnut and I'm feeling cranky today >:)

What is fact (and not opinion) is Sims 4 is a VERY half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game compared to its predecessors.

I mean, what else would you call these new plant sims? A "new and exciting" version of the ones in 2, and 3, that have more abilities than the last two? Or a slap dash, barely thought out version, just to get it out of the way for the fans in a free update?

Heck, I'm hoping they'll add back fairies and mermaids, but I shutter to think what little we'd get with those too.

The only thing I give Sims 4 some props for are that they did a good job with the toddlers, they obviously gave it some time and effort, everything else? Nah. The babies are in cribs like sims 1 for plum sake!
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Heck, I'm hoping they'll add back fairies and mermaids, but I shutter to think what little we'd get with those too.

The only thing I give Sims 4 some props for are that they did a good job with the toddlers, they obviously gave it some time and effort, everything else? Nah. The babies are in cribs like sims 1 for plum sake!

All i see is you moaning and not giving a suggestion on improving. If you don't like sims 4 fine, but suggest things that will improve it. I used to hate TS4, since the toddler update its improved a lot for me, there's lots to improve still but I do feel like EA is in the right direction. Especially since a certain someone left, this game has improved loads!
    I've given plenty of suggestions on these forums over the years, believe me.

What you call "moaning" is expressing what I think of the new plant sims, and I think they are dissapointing, compared to previous versions. I've been playing Sims since 2002, and this is the only version of the game that is a total let down.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member

What is fact (and not opinion) is Sims 4 is a VERY half plum game compared to its predecessors.

No, again you appear to be confused about what a fact actually is. You have formed a judgement based on your experience that the sims 4 is not as good as previous iterations. That's fine, it's your opinion. But it is equally as valid for someone else to form a judgement based on their experiences that the sims 4 is better than previous iterations.

• FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited April 2017
    I agree. I really enjoyed Plantsims in TS2 (Rose and her husband were one of my fav households to play as). I just wish they would have given the plantsims a little bit more... plant-ness. Flower clothing, baby planting, spores... I hope they expand them in the future.
    I don't want to be a downer, really. I have been loving what the devs have been giving us lately- toddlers, vampires and etc. But this seemed kinda... lazy. They're just green. (I do love the tree and the process of becoming a plantsim- I admit that).
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »

What is fact (and not opinion) is Sims 4 is a VERY half plum game compared to its predecessors.

I mean, what else would you call these new plant sims? A "new and exciting" version of the ones in 2, and 3, that have more abilities than the last two? Or a slap dash, barely thought out version, just to get it out of the way for the fans in a free update?

Nope, opinion. If it were fact, no one would choose to play 4, over the others :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2017

What you call "moaning" is expressing what I think of the new plant sims, and I think they are dissapointing, compared to previous versions. I've been playing Sims since 2002, and this is the only version of the game that is a total let down.

Cool. I've been playing it since 2000, and the Sims 3 was a total let down. I'm still trying to find content in The Sims 3 that has any depth whatsoever, after Ambitions.

Doesn't make it fact though, does it?
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Cool. I've been playing it since 2000, and the Sims 3 was a total let down. I'm still trying to find content in The Sims 3 that has any depth whatsoever, after Ambitions.

Doesn't make it fact though, does it?

2000? Ok you "beat" me by two years, good for you? And what's more, if you've been playing that long, (fan of 4 or not) you'd notice the obvious step back 4 has taken in terms of simplifying the game compared to the other three, which I'm sorry is FACT, as plain as day to any average observer. That is because it does NOT have all the features of previous games, nor does it add on any new ones of any significance either.

Anyway, im not going to have a back and forth about this all day, you can't accept truth for what it is, or live in denial, have fun either way. :)
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I really hope modders come through with plant sims.
    I know not of what you speak. o:)

XQHZOoA.png

ayyy link me da mod
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I've never been interested in playing any type of occult sim, but I totally agree. This has to be kind of disappointing for those who really have enjoyed these types of sims in past games. At least it's just a free patch at this point. Hopefully they will expand on plant sims in the future to make them a bit more robust.
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    The community just voted for an "Eco" themed pack, do you not think that PlantSims would fit the theme of that pack rather well? We tend to quickly jump to conclusions, but I feel we will see a more flushed out version soon enough.

• husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Valmion wrote: »
    The community just voted for an "Eco" themed pack, do you not think that PlantSims would fit the theme of that pack rather well? We tend to quickly jump to conclusions, but I feel we will see a more flushed out version soon enough.

its a stuff pack we wont be getting no plant sims through that
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    ayyy link me da mod
    Gonna try to get it up on MTS within a few days, as well as a "poison kiss that puts the sim to sleep" interaction, assuming I can get the rest of it working without a hitch (I got part of it put together last night). It could be sooner, like within 24 hours, or it could be longer; I'm at the mercy of the MTS queue and how long it takes them to approve things when I upload there, but it's also the best way to get people to see stuff for me atm, so them's the breaks.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think Plantsims as temporary lifestates is fine as long as the actual being a plantsim is deep enough.

So far I've only gotten one seed though. I cloned it, and it looks like I can have two trees thanks to my two sims.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I really want plantsim babies and to have them more fleshed out I think temporary plantsims is garbage.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641