Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sophisticated Style - Cycle 1 closed. Cycle 2 opens in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I like the idea too, @TEXASTWANGTONYA I will add it to the notes around the brief. Jojo won't be penalised though because it was an after thought. Glad it has come up now and not when most had theirs up.

• Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Jendowoz0612 -- Exactlyyyyyyyy I think its a Wonderful Idea..........at the right in time like you said before other's posted....Maybe make an announcement and Tag? Since too they might enter their entry thinking of the brief at hand now........ but that way we can all see our GORGEOUS Models UP Close too!!!!!!!!! and Yes of course Jo Jo wouldn't get points or whatever OFF not knowing or others not know you very FAIR!!!!!!!! LOVE YAAAAAAAA! Hugzzzzzzzzz I got to get Mister done.........an emergency came up and I could not get it in on time....... so working on that NOW........... :p<3:*

I had EVEN Had him Cut out...........When My Friend showed up in "Distress" and cannot find it..........so Now I have to Cut him out again ( That's why I made so many shots LOL ) Just in case LOL :*
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Diva in black
    How did I manage that?
    Certain race days have certain themes. Derby Day traditionally has a black and white theme.
    Diva has added a little rock-chic twist, by borrowing a jacket from her sister (did I mention that they're both in the music industry?).
    Or maybe she borrowed it from Aspen?
    Either way, it was a bit chilly out, so why not?

2shq4b2eerr6.jpg
    Uncropped, who are these men?
    lhmj1htqm1sf.jpg

Hmmm, wedges for the races? Well, there'll be at least one well dressed lady who won't be sinking into the grass.

Traditionally, attending the races has particular dress codes, Royal Ascot in particular has been know for regulations regarding hem length, and how much skin is showing, though, from what I've read, they're allowing jumpsuits this year.
    *cue the elderly women, clutching their pearls*
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    She Looks beautiful, @Movotti. We all decided a head shot might be nice too so we judges can check out the makeup but it's optional this round.

People are asking about a head shot so from now on the rounds will include a head shot. For this round, however, it's optional since I forgot to put it in the brief. :p

@lasummerb @NShippudenFan @Movotti @Gege @xJojox @Lovegab101 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @lisabee2 @JennaCatz @AshLenn
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    STUNNING !!!!! @Movotti CUTE Pose!!!!!! <3
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    We also thought about having a "blooper" thread at the end of each round or every few rounds..."poses or shots gone bad", just for a bit of fun whilst judges are collaborating with scores etc. What are your thoughts ladies and gents? After all (we all have them don't we? ;) ).

@lasummerb @NShippudenFan @Movotti @Gege @xJojox @Lovegab101 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @lisabee2 @JennaCatz @AshLenn

• Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @xjojox Awesome entry. I love the dress. Good luck with your move, and I hope you are back again soon.
    @lisabee2 I love this so much. What a creative entry! The cute accessories are really fun.
    @Movotti Diva looks great! I love the little bit of edge that you threw in!

@Jendowoz0612 I love the model wall and the judge's panel. The idea of bloopers is one of the best ideas I have heard of in awhile. Yes, please share them, contestants!

I'm excited to judge this comp! I know it will be fun :)! Such awesome people.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Me, too, @wbombje.

The blooper sharing, lovely people won't occur until the end of either each round or after a few rounds, so hang onto them for the round endings, thanks. I'll let you know when it's time to share them, as we need to get the submissions in first and foremost.

• Options
    Model wall looks fantastic @Jendowoz0612! ;)

Thank you, @NShippudenFan, it took a bit of maneuvering but got there in the end.

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I am a huge fan of bloopers :D
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    I have no doubt you would be, @Movotti LOL :D

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Hope to have my entry up soon! Got styling/photos taken, just gotta edit! XD
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    Still plenty of time @NShippudenFan don't forget to read the notes around the brief .

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    wbombje wrote: »
    @xjojox Awesome entry. I love the dress. Good luck with your move, and I hope you are back again soon.
    @lisabee2 I love this so much. What a creative entry! The cute accessories are really fun.
    @Movotti Diva looks great! I love the little bit of edge that you threw in!

@Jendowoz0612 I love the model wall and the judge's panel. The idea of bloopers is one of the best ideas I have heard of in awhile. Yes, please share them, contestants!

I'm excited to judge this comp! I know it will be fun :)! Such awesome people.

TY so much .. I am happy you like them I was relieved to find them .. that whole hat purse glitch is enough to drive anyone mad ... and in some cases they even mess up the shoes! I am excited to be in such amazing company.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2
    Happy your here too.......... <3

@Jendowoz0612 --- Love Bloopers!!!!!!! and What a "COOL" Idea........ I saved my shots then do a clean out ever couple of months...... so I will have them I am sure..... :p
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA

I actually meant the bloopers just from this comp only, not other comps necessarily because I was thinking of putting them here after a round was over as a fill in whilst waiting on the judges responses.

For other comps a new general thread should be started I think. :) otherwise this one would be filled with too many that were not related to this comp.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I hope with these incentives in place to get your entries in on time, it gives everyone flexibility in this comp:

1. An extra .5 point for an early submission ie. by the earlier date on the briefs or earlier if you choose.
    2. A leeway of 2 days for the due dates that are actually on the brief.
    3. The option to ask for an extension of up to 48 hours when asked 24 hours before the latest due date on the brief.
    4. The option to PM me under other circumstances.

With all these in place and since there are no eliminations in this competition, the only disadvantage for not getting in a submission on time will be that you won't get the points for that round but you can enter the next one and try to make up for it. How does that sound to everyone?

I hope you think that this is a fair way of doing things. I haven't seen it done this way in other comps, but thought it may be more flexible this way. I wanted to inform everyone so they know how it will be run and I hope this will work for you all.

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 -- Sounds GOOD to Me!!!!!!!! Love this idea <3 No I knew it was from this comp for bloopers LOL I was Half asleep and prolly didn't word it Right............ :/:s:p
  • Options
    Lovegab101Lovegab101 Posts: 83 Member
    round 1

body shot
    2sb48s9.jpg

face shot
    mjtn5s.jpg
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Gorgeous entries so far everyone! Will comment a little later!
    Just popping in to say I like the idea of bloopers @Jendowoz0612 I also like the extra points for doing more in a timely manner.

I'll be working on my entry today, not sure if it will be done today but it should be fun.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Can't wait to see it @Gege There is still quite a bit of time as yet so don't stress.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @Lovegab101 I have sent you a PM to clarify a couple of things.

• Options
    Hi.... Jen @Jendowoz0612 -- I sent you back a PM............. so what "Exactly" has changed.............? Sorry I am not awake .... LOL <3
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    If anyone is unsure of the expectations of the round, please don't hesitate to ask questions. I'd rather you ask questions to clarify things if you are unclear about any part, rather than leave it and risk losing points.

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Round 1-
    Tiffany
    9EfI5EJ.png

(Took me forever trying to find a good enough/fitting background! I'm still not completely happy with this choice, but I think it works all right XD. No head shot this time around.)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202