Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beard and Body hair recomendations/opinions? I have another question too

becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
I know this gets asked a lot, but looking for beard and body hair cc or defualt replacements. I tried "Simple LIfe" but alas the mediashare site attached to this download has a bad phishing site attached (I've tried on numerous occasions). Also want more in the realms of body hair. It seems that dark hair and or dark skin ramps (not sure which is the culprit) seem to make arm, leg, and chest hair look a bit odd. If anyone can help I'd be much obliged.
Post edited by becomingjenn on

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I still use Robokitty's default replacement facial hair and TummyZa's body hair overly ( not a default )
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Check out this tag at sssvitlans, this beard from andromedasims (pixelore) is a favourite of mine. I don't have any body hair cc so I can't help you there sorry but I hope you find some nice beards!
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    @Pary and @coco This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you both. BTW, @Pary how does the body hair overlay work on darker skin ramps? I believe Procrasimation (not sure of her EA account) had this issue with some body hair. Actually I'm playing one of her sims, it's his children that are having issues with body hair looking weird and clumpy (on legs and arms).

I'm also looking for body hair for less hirsute men. Not sure if anyone had done it, but it seems like there is a mod/cc for about everything :wink:
    Again, thank you, I'm going to install a bit more CC into my game.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2017
    I haven't had an issue with that body hair on any skin shade. It uses the same technique as EA's, it's just smoother and finer and doesn't look quite so fake as theirs does.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't know if you'd be interested or not, but I had some fun with one of my Sims 3 sims, with the regular stubble and beards already in the game, there's quite a few of them you know. And the 70's 80's and 90's stuff pack has some groovy moustaches. Here is my memories page where my sim Stevie starts "growing" his beard, and with each little chunk of time in his story line, it "grew" longer/bigger until it was the full length Santa Claus one. Here is the link to it, there's several pages of the beard growing pieces, in between the rest of the family's story lines: http://www.thesims3.com/memory/memoryExchange.html?persona=DivinylsFan&sortField=created_at&sortOrder=ASC&position=3710&index=372

it is the next page when Stevie first starts 'growing' it and somebody notices
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Since I decided to DL all the beards (well a lot), I figured I retry the link for Simplified Life and, YIPPEE, it worked. There was no issue with the link this time. (I had tried over 5 different times and on different days on previous attempts). I now have quite a few more hair options. Oh and a couple more questions, I'm still looking for different body hair (mostly chest) hair options. Also I'd love to hear your opinions on eyebrows. I have a few already(Simplied Life Brow replacement, some of Burntwaffels, and others I've picked up) but I'd love to hear what you all like the best.
    TY for all of your help. It makes simming so much more fun :smiley:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I have a body hair accessory that came on a sim I downloaded several years ago. I wish it was a body hair replacement. Instead it has to be added for each outfit.

It has 8 different degrees of hair. They all have p*ubic hair.

First here is showing a sim without the accessory. Then there are the first 3 levels. The 3rd level (last picture) is when hair starts to show on the arms and legs.
    Hairy1_zpsdybw7iyv.jpg

Hairy2_zpsnt0ny3pw.jpg

The last is the hairiest.
    Hairy3_zpswide6i5r.jpg

I tried looking up Alex Stanton HairSims, which is what the icon says in the launcher, but couldn't find a download link for it.