Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is this happening to yall?

My sims will do things that is not showing on the left. like there is nothing for me to click to cancel their action, I have to wait for them to do what they are doing before they do the thing that I have queued for them

Comments

• Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Or you cancel and they still do it anyway
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes, I had this last May and quit playing because of it. Then it worked itself out eventually with one of the patches. Have no idea which one. It's back even worse than before. Since the last patch this past month. Sometimes they have nothing in queue because another Sim is on the way to say something to them. But you won't know it. Or they decide to go do something and you don't know it because it's not in queue. Or they start moving commands around and do what they want first (which has nothing to do with motives/needs pressing) and or this one I could kill a few, they decide to go be mean to someone, I cancel it and they keep going. Just stop. Cancel means Cancel. They are like a bunch of cats lately since last patch. I can't cancel actions because they keep going and most of the time there is nothing in queue.

You hit the nail right on the head! I experience this a lot when I take my Sim somewhere. Sometimes there will be another sim that's heading towards her and I don't really want her to talk to them, but the action won't cancel when I click on it. Instead it'll still go through when the other Sim reaches my Sim. It also happens when she decides to introduce herself to someone (and it doesn't exactly say what kind of introduction it'll be) and I'd have to stop it because since her charisma is high she has the enchanting introduction option, and she likes to do that a lot.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Oh this this is so annoying! I always reset my sim when this happens because that is the only way to cancel out the action.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    I thought that the "not-cancelling" actions were normal in the game. Sometimes I want them to do something and the game VOIDS my action completely!! even if the other sim is right in front of mine. And lots of times when I want to cancel, it shows an "X" over the icon but it wont stop the action (for example in GT, when the whole group is chatting on the dance floor and I want them to dance, the chat never ends, the X is there and nothing moves on)
  • Options
    Oh this this is so annoying! I always reset my sim when this happens because that is the only way to cancel out the action.

that's what I've been doing too
  • Options
    edwie22 wrote: »
    I thought that the "not-cancelling" actions were normal in the game. Sometimes I want them to do something and the game VOIDS my action completely!! even if the other sim is right in front of mine. And lots of times when I want to cancel, it shows an "X" over the icon but it wont stop the action (for example in GT, when the whole group is chatting on the dance floor and I want them to dance, the chat never ends, the X is there and nothing moves on)

I hate this the sims 2 didn't do this, I didn't play sims 3 so I think it's a bug or something
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Never happened in my game before. Then again I keep autonomy off in my game. Perhaps if you turn off autonomy through game play option might help to clear this up.
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    I have a game purely for the purpose of testing house builds and other structures that I create and when I use the Sim to try and test out various aspects of the build, he actively refuses to do what I want him to do. eg. I want him to sit in a bunch of chairs, to see if there are issues with routing, but he will stand there with the sitting action being cancelled before going off and looking at a panting or something else. AND then when I try and cancel that action to make him go to the chair, the chair command gets cancelled. ArRRRGGGGHHHHH.

The most annoying one is when the Sims refuses to go through a door, giving me the hand waving action to say access is blocked, when the room and the hallway outside of said room, contains no furniture and/or objects, so there is nothing preventing his entry into the room.
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    I get this to.... very annoying
  • Options
    johnjet wrote: »
    The most annoying one is when the Sims refuses to go through a door, giving me the hand waving action to say access is blocked, when the room and the hallway outside of said room, contains no furniture and/or objects, so there is nothing preventing his entry into the room.

I'm getting that too, I was thinking it have something to do with my graphic card, I remember being told that it wasn't compatible????

• Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »

I hate this the sims 2 didn't do this, I didn't play sims 3 so I think it's a bug or something

I remember very clearly that sims 1, 2 & 3 all did this. It's probably just a bug or a compatibility issue. Perhaps try repairing the game via origin?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    PixieMnkyPixieMnky Posts: 73 Member
    Or you cancel and they still do it anyway

I get this a lot, and the OP's issue as well.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    johnjet wrote: »

I'm getting that too, I was thinking it have something to do with my graphic card, I remember being told that it wasn't compatible????
    I can't remember exactly where you can find this in your computer. But somewhere in your computer it tells you what graphics card you have. Find that, and you can compare that with the game requirements. I might be wrong, but I think there's a complete rundown of the game requirements in your Origin account. It should be under the box art for the base game. You can use that to see if your graphics card is compatible or not.
  • Options
    emerlykingemerlyking Posts: 21 New Member
    I get the bargain where sims have something to do and it shows, however you have to sometimes wait five sim hours. <<
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yeah, in TS2 if you cancel something they stop dead in their tracks and don't go any farther. The only thing we couldn't cancel was making the bed once we queued that up. The timer circle on the left is also totally out of sync. It keeps going on some things though the Sim is done and or it finishes but the Sim keeps going/doing whatever. It is extremely annoying. I would say there has been a lot of screaming at screen last few months. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - I have to reset my sims constantly lately because some sim from a million miles away wants to come hug them!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Yes - I have to reset my sims constantly lately because some sim from a million miles away wants to come hug them!

Right, yesterday I was hosting a house party for my Sim to have his friends meet some other Sims he knows. (I wish we had introduce interaction) and he wouldn't do something because he was waiting for someone who wanted to talk to him who had not even arrived on the lot yet. They live on the WB island so it was a very long wait and I couldn't cancel it though was lucky it was even in the queue this time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited April 2017

Right, yesterday I was hosting a house party for my Sim to have his friends meet some other Sims he knows. (I wish we had introduce interaction) and he wouldn't do something because he was waiting for someone who wanted to talk to him who had not even arrived on the lot yet. They live on the WB island so it was a very long wait and I couldn't cancel it though was lucky it was even in the queue this time.

There is an option to Talk Up Another Sim, which turns out to be similar to introducing them. It takes you to a Menu, where you select the Sim that you want to talk up. It may be a Get Together feature, if it wasn't patched in. After you do it, the Sim whom you did the interaction with, will go over to the Sim that you talked up, do the "Sul-sul" thing, and there will be a notification saying how the interaction went. I'm going from memory, mind you, so I hope I have it all in the right order. :)

But yeah, my autonomy is on steroids as well. Kinda fun sometimes, annoying at others.
  • Options

Yeah, in TS2 if you cancel something they stop dead in their tracks and don't go any farther. The only thing we couldn't cancel was making the bed once we queued that up. The timer circle on the left is also totally out of sync. It keeps going on some things though the Sim is done and or it finishes but the Sim keeps going/doing whatever. It is extremely annoying. I would say there has been a lot of screaming at screen last few months. :o

I have this as well
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    My sims will do things that is not showing on the left. like there is nothing for me to click to cancel their action, I have to wait for them to do what they are doing before they do the thing that I have queued for them

Sims are being spontaneous. People now and then complain that sims don't do anything interesting/ funny. My sims do this too, but it I think is just something to keep simmers on their toes perhaps lol. Besides we have complete control 99.9% of the time anyhow, why not some out of the blue random action... As long as it doesn't become too frequent, as I am only playing with 1-2 sims right now cause I don't want a bunch of sims to be concerned about the needs & goals of.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options

sometimes resetting the does nothing for me, I tried to have them woohoo and the icon would disappear and their arms would stretch for a second, then I tried to have the become boyfriend and she went all the way outside to ask him I would have uploaded the recording but photobucket won't recognize it
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I get it too but it's usually small things like kissing. The thing that annoys me the most is canceling something but it wont actually cancel, the cross will be there but it doesn't actually do anything. If they were sitting down and I clicked cancel and it didn't work, I would then click the sitting icon but then it takes the cross away :/
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    I have never had this problem. I don't know if it's because I started playing the game way after a bunch of others had. I just bought the game about two months ago.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

Yep, annoys me to no end. Like, "I didn't tell you to run three houses away and say hi to Bob!" or I cancel the interaction to paint and they still go all the way upstairs, to the room furthest to the back of the house and waste my $100 simoleons and start that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 painting before they finally decide to listen.