Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Style B has Won the Vote

2...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm super disappointed. :\ I want more modern stuff. I literally only use Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen and City Living buy mode items the most cuz those are the only packs with the best modern and minimalist furniture.

I literally use the cheapest country cabinet because it's the only one that isn't modern. You just listed 4 packs with modern furniture. Sorry, bud. You can't have 'em all.

I thought there were more non-modern cabinets that came with the base game than modern ones? Well, to be fair, we don't even have enough cabinets to begin with and I have all the packs. :D
    4 packs isn't a lot compared to all the packs I own. LOL. But oh well. :\ I just want more cabinets. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Well that's disappointing
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm super disappointed. :\ I want more modern stuff. I literally only use Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen and City Living buy mode items the most cuz those are the only packs with the best modern and minimalist furniture.

I literally use the cheapest country cabinet because it's the only one that isn't modern. You just listed 4 packs with modern furniture. Sorry, bud. You can't have 'em all.

I thought there were more non-modern cabinets that came with the base game than modern ones? Well, to be fair, we don't even have enough cabinets to begin with and I have all the packs. :D
    4 packs isn't a lot compared to all the packs I own. LOL. But oh well. :\ I just want more cabinets. :D
    There were actually. In fact, we only got one set of modern looking counters and cabinets when Sims 4 first launched.
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I'm ecstatic that B won! It's something we don't yet have in game and would make Sims homes look much more lived in. It's also just simply much closer to my personal decorating style and makes me feel warm and homey just looking at it. I can't wait what kind of objects and clothes the devs come up with for us to vote on in May. In short, I'm very happy with this outcome. :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I voted A because I thought washer/dryers are a modern thing which B isn't *shrugs* but either way I'm sure it'll look great

This is a washer, it doesn't look modern imo :D
    73016072.jpg
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I'm very pleased with the result. I love the hippie/bohemian feel of it all.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Same here, I kind of saw everyone voting for b because of the clutter and the clothes and less for the objects.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

There were actually. In fact, we only got one set of modern looking counters and cabinets when Sims 4 first launched.

Exactly. :D And in City Living, they just re-textured the same modern one to make them look old. LOL.
    I voted A because I thought washer/dryers are a modern thing which B isn't *shrugs* but either way I'm sure it'll look great

73016072.jpg

Hahaha, if they go with this style, the pack might as well be "Going Back To Old Times Before There Was Technology and Why Are You Playing This Game on Your Computer, You Should Play It on a Potato Stuff Pack". :D
    067e7f2500ed2dd6f20e18a0eba77c15.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Whats your guys opinion on the outcome?

Was it the one you voted for, or are you dissapointed it wasnt A

I voted for A, but I'm fine with B winning,long as there's some less colorful color swatches, like plain woodcolored, or black or white

I must admit that though I was fine with the clothes for the males, I despised both clothing options for the women, especially the one for B. That dress was just fuuuuuugly.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Really disappointed! Sims for me is an idealistic life, why would I want to play as a poor/working class family? Not my cup of tea aha!

I guess for me the fantasy would be to have a fantasy start out in a poor/working class apartment/house, and then be able to earn enough to move up to a larger more luxurious house. Since it's pretty unlikely for that to happen in real life.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

73016072.jpg

This beastie was electrified!
    248.JPG
    The woman who used it probably was too. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

Exactly. :D And in City Living, they just re-textured the same modern one to make them look old. LOL.

That's the cheap one. The modern ones are the Harbinger counter and the industrial one. However I hardly ever use either of those, I mostly use only the Perfect Patio one which is the most modern looking one or CC counters.
  • VengefulBlueVengefulBlue Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm glad B won. Between the other expansions and CC, I have plenty of modern items. I use these for my idealized play. But I live in an area where this kind of hippie/boho/country style is pretty popular, so I can see myself using it for more "real" play. I feel like it opens up a lot of new possibilities, story-wise. What I really want is some kind of expansion/game pack/whatever with a new countryside-type world. We are severely lacking in real-estate options thus far!
    In terms of actual objects, I really hope that sink could be a laundry sink and we also get a front-load washer, because that would give both a "country" and "modern" option and could re-use animations that already exist.
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Really disappointed! Sims for me is an idealistic life, why would I want to play as a poor/working class family? Not my cup of tea aha!

poor/working class? poor choice of words...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Why are people thinking this is poor/working class stuff? Honestly I'm a bit offended by that :<

The aesthetic is nice imo and I enjoy the natural look of it. Everything in game is always so 'modern' in looks it gets repetitive and a change of pace seems good for this. I really like it gives more of a natural and country look for some.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I liked both. But A was kind of like everything else we have. So I voted for B so we could have something new. But, I'd love to have both.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I like B. I definitely do not think the style is poor/working class. Not everyone is into the modern aesthetic, and even when we are, it's nice to have something different.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Hahaha, if they go with this style, the pack might as well be "Going Back To Old Times Before There Was Technology and Why Are You Playing This Game on Your Computer, You Should Play It on a Potato Stuff Pack". :D
    067e7f2500ed2dd6f20e18a0eba77c15.jpg

My sentiments exactly. Imo people who really are eco conscious probably don't play The Sims.

• AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2017
    So in conclusion... So called Eco-Living by definition live with dirt. Suddenly I REALLY have THE HIGHEST RESPECT for The Homeless. They are truly Eco-living in front.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I really liked the modern style of the furniture in A but the clothes in B were much nicer. It was a hard choice. I'd prefer the furniture from A but I'm cool with B winning because I'd use the furniture style still and the clothes would get more use from me then those in A honestly...
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'm ok with it... It was a hard choice for me
    21mbz47.jpg