Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something very trippy happened to my sim...

My sim Meeko was out celebrating a promotion with his co-workers. His friends left when it was time to try the bubble blower, so he was left alone. He stayed there through the interaction and received a moodlet telling that he had fallen asleep. He looked like he was wide awake though. That's when the weird stuff started hapening. Grimmy floated towards him and and they seemed to have an argument over something. Then they chatted, until grim left and the "asleep" moodlet wore off. Meeko went home wondering if it really happened.

04-11-17_4-44-47PM_zps4ra6j3i4.png

Have you ever had a glitch that just worked out?

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    This never happend to me. Sometimes my sim have this moodlet from the bubbleblower but they really fall asleep. Btw I can see Grim likes to eat :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I was thinking the same thing, that's a rather portly looking Grim hehe
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    This is my main save that I've been playing for quite some time :smile: Grimmy is often at the bars drinking... or trying to drink.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I think it's a bug from the latest patch. Sims that drink snake oil serum get the "asleep" mood but keep behaving like they're awake. It looks like they can't pass out normally. Curiously, on the contrary, they still pass out normally with the satellite dish.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't think that's a bug, at least I hope not.
    I think your sim is "High," "Day Dreaming" or "sleep walking" if he can't recall what happened while he was "asleep."
    But that is a really neat bug if it is... do the sims normally pass out if they are "zonked?"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    Maybe it's the games way of telling you that something is about to happen to your sim and he is about to die in a horrible accident.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think your sim is "High," "Day Dreaming" or "sleep walking" if he can't recall what happened while he was "asleep."
    But that is a really neat bug if it is... do the sims normally pass out if they are "zonked?"
    I've seen them pass out from bubble blower before, so that's why I assumed it was a bug. It would be cool though if something like this happened if the "zonked" sim was active. For others it would appear as they're sleeping, but we would get to follow our sim into their weird dream.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @MasonGamer Yes, they always pass out. They always did before the current patch.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    johnjet wrote: »
    Maybe it's the games way of telling you that something is about to happen to your sim and he is about to die in a horrible accident.
    I hope not, because he just got married and they're expecting a baby (that wasn't planned!) :smiley:

Here he is preparing for the wedding... He ended up changing in a white suit, but that carriage thing didn't work out.
    04-12-17_5-51-28PM_zpsmslohetz.png
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    @Uzone27 TROLLLL !!!

I am NOT trollin' I am Uzone U See? :#
    and umm I don't do drugs...apparantly Sims shouldn't either.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Sablesasha wrote: »

Indeed, though I'm more concerned about the prospect of a flirty grim reaper TBH. :#
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Sablesasha wrote: »

Indeed, though I'm more concerned about the prospect of a flirty grim reaper TBH. :#

He just wanted to catch a buzz, but ended up Flirting With Death. :o
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I think in the vernacular at the time (60s) what your Sim may have experienced was a Trip.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I did a search and it might not be a glitch after all:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27466.0
    Cosmic Encounter:
    1. Inspired +1 3 hrs. Imaginative (From Using BB) So Many Possibilities!
    2. Inspired +3 4hrs Luminous (From Using BB) Sims name can’t sit still, there are too many ideas bouncing around! (Action) Sims will have a light blue glow around them a bit like the alien glow.
    3. Asleep +100 1hr Zonked (From Using BB) It was so relaxing Sims Name fell right asleep. (Action) sims energy bar, if full, drops to half. Not sure what happens if it is low in the first place, probably drops to red
    4. Asleep +10,000 Sleeping Soundly (From Napping) This one only seems to appear with this flavor, your sims simply inhales then goes to sleep sitting up.

I'm not completely sure about the description, but it seems like +100 asleep might not actually be fully asleep!
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Wow, even if this was a glitch, it's still pretty awesome! I'd love for something like that to happen to one of my Sims. It would be a nice story to tell future generations. :smiley:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I think it is a bug but who knows. I've had my sims fall asleep from the bubble blower but they were never awake like this. :D

And to answer OP's question, I'm pretty sure I've had bugs that worked out for me. I just need to remember them...
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif