Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A quick question about running a resort. (and a witchy question)

shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
So my sim runs a resort. All is fine. What I am wondering is, if my sim gets a dog - will the dog be able to visit the resort lot? Seeing as my sim owns the resort and runs it?

Also, apart from using the testingcheatsenabled cheat, is there a quicker way to become a witch? I got an alchemy register in my world, but I have yet to see the witchy brew. My sim is learning some alchemy skill on the back hand to make it easier, but I would like to speed up the process.

edit:
for those wondering, I went into the game and checked. If you have a pet and own a resort, your pet can also go to the resort. woo!
Post edited by shakeninsane on

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited April 2017
    The only way to become a witch, other than creating one in CAS or being born in-game as one, is to craft or buy the elixir.

If you have Aleister's Elixirs & Sundries in your town (in all games started after you installed supernatural), you can try to buy one there, although it's my understanding that they're extremely rare- I've never seen one for sale, in the 5+ years I've owned Supernatural. I have a level 10 alchemist, and I know you can send elixirs to friends... so I can try send you one if she has the recipe.

(what's your username on the sims 3 site? I'll add you as a friend and try send you an elixir.)

You can probably cheat your alchemy skill to max using testingcheatsenabled true, though that can sometimes cause more issues than it solves.

I've never played a resort, so I can't really help with that part. But hopefully someone has an answer for you.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Sorry for the late reply! My username is the same as here! I'll have a lookout for ya.
    I think for the resort, I'll prob just make a save backup and check, (adopting a dog on one save and seeing if it works, then just deleting the save if it doesn't)
    edited April 2017
    Sorry for the late reply! My username is the same as here! I'll have a lookout for ya.
    I think for the resort, I'll prob just make a save backup and check, (adopting a dog on one save and seeing if it works, then just deleting the save if it doesn't)

Perfect! I'll send you a friend request, then try and send you an elixir once you've accepted the request from me (my username is the same there too). Hopefully this works!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited April 2017
    If you don't mind using mods, then you can install nraas MasterController mod as you can set occults to the Sims without having to learn how to make the potion to use.
    ◦Occult: Add
    ◾Allows the user to apply a specified occult state to the given sim
    ◾Module: MasterController Cheats

◦Occult: Remove
    ◾Allows the user to remove a specified occult state from a given sim
    ◾Module: MasterController Cheats
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Interactions

lisasc, I've got the nraas MC but I thought giving them occult states was buggy? (I've never tried it myself)

lauravonawesome: suuuuper! That's very nice of you. I'll add you as soon as I play and as soon as I can log in! TS3 game logged me off yesterday and I cannot log in again. (I know the password is correct because I tried logging into ts3.com with it too and it worked. But I still tried ALL my passwords).
    lisasc, I've got the nraas MC but I thought giving them occult states was buggy? (I've never tried it myself)

lauravonawesome: suuuuper! That's very nice of you. I'll add you as soon as I play and as soon as I can log in! TS3 game logged me off yesterday and I cannot log in again. (I know the password is correct because I tried logging into ts3.com with it too and it worked. But I still tried ALL my passwords).

No worries! I had all the ingredients and crafted the elixir, so I'll send it once I see you've accepted the friend request.

Sorry to hear about your account though. Best of luck getting back in!

Thanks! Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you want. Most my other sims are hoarders, haha, and I love how HUGE the gems found in the water are.

My account did this some time ago too, so hopefully it's just some weird server fluke.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Also, apart from using the testingcheatsenabled cheat, is there a quicker way to become a witch? I got an alchemy register in my world, but I have yet to see the witchy brew. My sim is learning some alchemy skill on the back hand to make it easier, but I would like to speed up the process.

Checking at the alchemy register every day is probably the fastest way unless your sim has a lot of time on their hands to learn the alchemy skill. Even if you use MC to cheat the skill to level 10 your sim still needs to discover the recipe. The Bottled Witch's Brew requires level 9 to discover.

I haven't had any issues myself using MC to add or remove occult states directly. It might be more problematic if you try to add occult states in Edit in CAS with testingcheats or MC's Edit in CAS function. I don't know, I've never done it that way.