Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living: Creative ways to earn money

I think crafting should be it's own skill in this pack.

I'd love to see a bunch of different crafting stations:

One for creating jewelry that can be sold, worn or gifted.
One for creating vases and other knick knacks.
One for creating preserves that can be sold, gifted or used to make food.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
(I am so over making things out of wood.)
Playing the Sims since 2001.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Sewing machine for making things out of cloth to wear, decorate your house with, sell. If I keep mentioning it, maybe the Gurus will see it. ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    edited April 2017
    What about an invention workbench, like in sims 3 ambitions. I would love to see some good new inventions, like the ARSENAL, it's a arm mounted super computer. Oh, and there's also a ceramics station that makes vases, flasks, bowls and other pottery... or should the flasks be in the inventions list? Anyway, how about an fish hatchery pond where you can raise the fish you catch in this pond to boost their numbers enough to harvest for cooking and fertlizer.
    Post edited by Turloughdude on
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I posted this Idea a few times already, It is not Eco, but some of it could be... Like the Jewelry Designer one

Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love if my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories. . I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I would totally love Fashion Designer!
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Me too, I want it so bad!:))
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    I would love to get a wheel for ceramics at some point, although I don't know if that fits exactly with Eco Living. :neutral: It would be really cool to be able to create jewelry out of the metals and crystals you find.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    A jewelry station would be great, because it might add a good reason to search for metals and crystals. Maybe we could even get new metals like gold and silver to find. As far as I'm aware these are not in game yet.

A pottery station for creating vases might also be interesting. It might add purpose for the flowers we already have in game. It would be very nice if we were able to put these on a vase. This could be combined with flower arranging in some way.

On the other hand, I feel these items fit better in a crafting game pack instead of eco living. I understand why you might see these items fitting for eco living, because of the recycling. But I think recycling in an eco living pack should focus more on composting and reusing trash. Maybe a crafting station for making crafts out of trash might work though. A crafting station for kids might be fun too. We already have the drawing table, but children aren't able yet to make crafts out of toilet rolls for example.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    What about electronic coupons on eco-friendly items, or sending scrap items such as extra upgrade parts off to be recycled. You could save and make money at the same time that way.

I think that it'll probably be something more for an EP, but... EA could also add to San Myshuno's Festivals and have an Eco-day open market. It would work similarly to the flea market where you could sell your own produce and fish, but you could also buy things from other Sims. There could even be exclusive items such as a T-Shirt, plant seed packs, and gardening items that you could buy from a festival stand. Maybe >.> this wouldn't be too hard to add either because the Flea Market Festival already exists.

You know maybe they could make a weekly event, if you have the stuff, game, or expansion pack. It would be interesting to have a barter stall show up in one of the Parks every game week that will trade an item in your Sim's Inventory for something else they have of equal value. I guess that would be too hard, but I was kind of thinking about the way food vendors change in and out in San Myshuno all of the time is all. And they already are able to make event Sims show up in our games during Holiday Events. It's just an idea ^.^;
    I don't think that they would add any new festivals to a stuff pack, and they definitely wouldn't add it in San Myshuno because all the additional packs need to be independent of each other, though they could add them to Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. If they were to introduce a crafting game pack, you could also certainly sell (or trade) what your sim crafts at the Flea Market already, so I'm not sure if focusing on selling them would be much of a new feature. You could also sell them with GTW if you have it. Basically, I think that we don't need new ways of selling, but rather new things that sims can create to sell.
    Maybe not San Myshuno, but they might add new festivals at some point. I mean don't you see them possibly adding in like harvest festivals and stuff like that to Seasons? Well yeah, but we were talking about different ways of earning money too, and having different ways of selling stuff would help too. I like the idea of having a crafting pack too, but I still think that stuff like this will come out in either a Game Pack or an Expansion, which is bigger anyway. And we don't have any weekly events that can be done in game that are reoccurring either. It might be fun to have something to look forward to, if you do craft a lot.
    Oh yeah, I think more festivals would be great, I just don't think they could be in San Myshuno. I'm still not sure how a different selling feature would be introduced rather than just using the same features already available in a different setting. I feel like we already have lots of ways to sell things that our sims have made or collected through CL and GTW, so personally, I'd like to see Maxis work on expanding other things more.
    True, but there is also a possibility of them adding apps on our Sim's smartphones for coupons, and stuff like that to save money too. Those types of things wouldn't be too hard to code I don't think. Our phones would become more useful that way. Maybe they could set up an online trade system for neighborhood Sims and stuff like that. As far as other things go, there are a lot new things they could add to the game. I'm betting I'm not the only one that's waiting for Seasons to happen :3 There could also be a new game pack at some point in the near future too.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I would love to see a yard sale table like the Come and Get It Street Store table... but instead of selling objects, a gardener Sim could add their produce to the table and sell that at the Flea Market or add a Farmers Market. That way we could have a new object, a new way to make money, and a new skill like 'sales' or 'haggle'.

Then the same type of thing but for the Herbal Essences. Some people just don't have the time to hunt all the stuff.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

Sims can make diy (do it yourself) decorations with recyclable things and sell it. ><
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    Love the idea of new crafting items!