Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers and Children won't sleep

I keep having this issue and if anyone could help me I would be happy. When this first happened music was playing so I thought that was the issue but nope they didn't have full energy bars and were very uncomfortable. I don't know why and there is no monster under the children's beds. It's very annoying since I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and don't want them taken away and don't wanna use cheats either :/

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Try reading them to sleep.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Read toddlers to sleep and you can play the lullaby station on the radio too. Should keep away nightmares. Getting a toddlers imagination skill up will also reduce the risk of nightmares. I'm not sure why your children aren't sleeping. Try putting them in different beds and see if it works?
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I have a household with triplet boys sharing a room. When one wakes up crying, they all do. I just click on their beds to take a nap. If it doesn't last till morning, I just click on it again.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Oh, I didn't realize there was a lullaby station. :open_mouth: Where have I been? LOL Good idea, although I'm not really having too many issues with children and/or toddlers popping out of bed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Child may have a monster under the bed. There's a special night light in buy mode that keeps the monsters away. Most of the time.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    also, know that the monster under the bed won't just show up under a kid's bed. any of the single width beds that seem to have any space under them can have the monsters. if you have teens or butlers, check/spray them, too (one of my households, the butler uses the princess cordelia single and this is the one the monster shows up in every time, even though it's nowhere near the kids rooms)

also, this might be seen as a bit of cheating, but if you follow one of your sims to another lot for even an hour or so and come back, all the bars of those left at home will be more equalized, a bit more energy than when you left. could hopefully get them in an ok mood and able to sleep the rest of the night away with that. (learned that one with vampires, since they like to hang out with their clubs and whatnot at night)
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited April 2017
    When this first happened music was playing so I thought that was the issue but nope they didn't have full energy bars and were very uncomfortable.

I would keep the music off for the child and the only music that should be playing while a toddler sleeps is the lullaby station. Music playing can interfere with sims sleeping (but doesn't always)...the lullaby station won't interfere with a toddler sleeping but I have seen it interfere with adults sleeping when I had a baby in the same room and tried to use it for the baby.

For the toddlers, there's definitely a better chance of lowering the chance of a nightmare if you read them to sleep instead of them just getting into bed on their own. At least have the parent put them to bed or tuck them in if they get in on their own but read to them if you have the time to do so. Also, improving the thinking skill for toddlers is the best way to lower frequency of nightmares causing them to wake up during sleep. I haven't seen any proof that the lullaby station does much for toddlers sleeping. If they get into bed on their own and have a lower thinking skill, they still have nightmares regardless of the lullaby station. Having run several 7 toddler challenges, in the early going, 2 to 3 out of 7 toddlers were having nightmares every night regardless of the lullaby station playing until I was able to get their thinking skills up. Can't hurt to leave the lullaby station on while they sleep but the thinking skill and reading to them while they sleep have a much greater impact.

• missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Are u living in apartments? Noisy neighbors?
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • FairyIcePrincessFairyIcePrincess Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been having the same problems as well. And it's not just the toddlers. Even my adult and teen sims won't sleep. They would go to bed for a bit and wake up for no reason. I think it might be a bug or something. You can try to go to Manage Worlds and return to your family. If that doesn't work you might need to restart your game.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    I've been having the same problems as well. And it's not just the toddlers. Even my adult and teen sims won't sleep. They would go to bed for a bit and wake up for no reason. I think it might be a bug or something. You can try to go to Manage Worlds and return to your family. If that doesn't work you might need to restart your game.

Hello @FairyIcePrincess
    If you have a radio or tv on, this can stop sims sleeping.
    Try removing windchimes if you have them and see if that helps.
    Pets can keep Sims awake, even when they aren’t in the room. Try to lecture them to not keep Sims awake.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issue remains, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for sharing those links!

@FairyIcePrincess welcome to the forums!
    Please, keep in mind bug reports and technical issues have their home on Answers HQ. Take a look to the bug report rosemow shared and join there if that's the same issue you are seeing in your game. ;)

I'll be closing this topic now. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top