Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Squee! You gave us more mythos with another deity. Awesome sauce!

Thrilling, as always!

Knew you'd like that :joy:
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    This WAS super intense! :scream: was definitely
    worried for Penny, good grief, harbouring all that
    bitterness and resentment for so many years
    Zeuxippe!

I'm still worried for Penny, actually; she needs to
    tread carefully in this world where men rule, they
    cannot understand the ways of Amazons, even
    her closest allies!

Yes, this was when everything Zeuxippe has bottled up inside herself welled up to the surface :hushed: And if we're honest, a lot of it is actually understandable.
    That trial - and Zeuxippe - will follow her til she dies. That's what the other leaders will always see in her. And as you say, not even Serkon or Boras will ever understand entirely what is on her mind :confused:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Zeuxippe is really a snake. I have never believed in her... :/
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    So intense :scream:
    Well Zeuxippe, you can craft your schemes as much as you want, but if you would have had improved your relations and reputation with everyone else you could have succeeded. Penny had the upper hand by being more likeable from the start, thus building relationships and trust.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'd be honest though, I'm glad it's Penny dealing with this. Poor Nausicaa would have been railroaded by now.

But that's your different Amazon queens and all, right?
    edited April 2019
    Zeuxippe is really a snake. I have never believed in her... :/

I missed youuuuu :bawling: So much!
    Yes, you've always been right ;)
    Damaro wrote: »
    So intense :scream:
    Well Zeuxippe, you can craft your schemes as much as you want, but if you would have had improved your relations and reputation with everyone else you could have succeeded. Penny had the upper hand by being more likeable from the start, thus building relationships and trust.

You couldn't be more right. If she had been somewhat more likeable or at least forgiving, you can bet Boras would have spoken in her favor, too. She wouldn't have had to go, but... *shrugs* A lot probably lies in her nature already, but she managed to gain Protego's trust. That's a hard task. No doubt she could have made more friends, had she wanted to!
    I'd be honest though, I'm glad it's Penny dealing with this. Poor Nausicaa would have been railroaded by now.

Yes, she would probably have left already long before :D But on the other hand, she might have prevented all that entirely! Not making some mistakes Penny did, being kinder, less manipulative... Had Nausicaa been in her stead, everything would have played out entirely different. And that's the charm of writing ;)

fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Yes, she would probably have left already long before :D But on the other hand, she might have prevented all that entirely! Not making some mistakes Penny did, being kinder, less manipulative... Had Nausicaa been in her stead, everything would have played out entirely different. And that's the charm of writing ;)

Good point that, the things Nausicaa might have done wouldn’t have been the same. For one thing she would have never ever seduced Protego (seeing as the poor girl probably hasn’t even seen a guy in or out of his skivvies anyway). Everyone had their talents and strengths and it’s really exciting to read all the stories and see the differences in all of them.

Good point that, the things Nausicaa might have done wouldn’t have been the same. For one thing she would have never ever seduced Protego (seeing as the poor girl probably hasn’t even seen a guy in or out of his skivvies anyway). Everyone had their talents and strengths and it’s really exciting to read all the stories and see the differences in all of them.

Both Lyta and Phyllis wouldn't exist in the first place :bawling: Nausicaa about Serkon: "He is too self-assured, he's making me panic. No, no, that won't work" Smart girl ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Zeuxippe was playing the long game this whole time! How shifty of her.

The court scene is lovely and I loved it. While Penthesilea was on trial against Zeuxippe, loyalties and vows showed the other tribes leadership. Zeuxippe did tell quite a story and some actions during the time would have had me swayed against her if I was a bystander. I did enjoy Serkon's fight back for Penthesilea. For a while, I forgot why I enjoyed his character. The other royals are interesting in this chapter as well. I feel as if they are toying with or trying to not only plot against Penthesilea but Serkon as well(or they are enjoying the show of having two tribes turn against each other).

Wonderful chapter! I am excited to see what the next chapter will hold in store.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    edited April 2019
    @SpectresValkyrie I haven't forgotten your comment and have already read it, but will answer later in a calmer minute ;)

My it's only been two weeks since the last update, you serious? :scream: But here we go!
    After being all tense and worked up lately, Penthesilea finally gets to enjoy some long-deserved (and long-due!) joy in Chapter 54 by receiving some mysterious envoys from Santrake :o

flcawh.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    An update? :o
    Squee!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Zeuxippe was playing the long game this whole time! How shifty of her.

The court scene is lovely and I loved it. While Penthesilea was on trial against Zeuxippe, loyalties and vows showed the other tribes leadership. Zeuxippe did tell quite a story and some actions during the time would have had me swayed against her if I was a bystander. I did enjoy Serkon's fight back for Penthesilea. For a while, I forgot why I enjoyed his character. The other royals are interesting in this chapter as well. I feel as if they are toying with or trying to not only plot against Penthesilea but Serkon as well(or they are enjoying the show of having two tribes turn against each other).

Wonderful chapter! I am excited to see what the next chapter will hold in store.

I love your comment through and through! You have great insight into the situation!
    The court scene took so. Long. To write! So I am especially glad that you enjoyed it so much. And tbh, I loved to write every second of Serkon fighting back as well :p He was on fire! And he has finally shown that he is a king not only by title but also by deeds.
    The other rulers are quite a thing, too, yes. Advik would totally have plotted against Penny - after all, she had (presumably) abandoned Io and his daughter. And if they would see a chance to plot against both Penny and Serkon at once, they would have done. Luckily, Serkon's blood relation to Alexander makes him pretty much invulnerable as long as Alexander doesn't turn against him *shrugs*
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    An update? :o
    Squee!

Right? Oh my goodness, what? :scream:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    New update! Yay!
    Learning more about Penthesilea and her past as well as her sister. The gift her sister sent is very nice. I wonder how one would repay a sister for such a lovely gift and some new tribe members.

I am sad about Io leaving and wish her luck in the future. The new amazons have my interest. I wonder how they will fair in this new land. Their brief stories about their lives were telling and heartbreaking. One devastated by plague and the other ransacked by pirates. That must have been terrible to deal with.

When Boras goes to join the afterlife, that will be a very upsetting day.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    YAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!!

Update!!!

Penny gets a pretty present from her sister. Noice! Hope she flaunts it in front of all those menfolks. :p

Alas, I must disappear again. Midterms approacheth, and I haven't gotten all my mods updated from the last patch (I haven't even been able to play for the last few weeks) ... but once I get thorough midterms, there will be writing!
    New update! Yay!
    Learning more about Penthesilea and her past as well as her sister. The gift her sister sent is very nice. I wonder how one would repay a sister for such a lovely gift and some new tribe members.

I am sad about Io leaving and wish her luck in the future. The new amazons have my interest. I wonder how they will fair in this new land. Their brief stories about their lives were telling and heartbreaking. One devastated by plague and the other ransacked by pirates. That must have been terrible to deal with.

When Boras goes to join the afterlife, that will be a very upsetting day.

Penthesilea's past is part of the untold things I love the most, together with all the geography and history that is slowly taking shape <3 She will indeed have problems to repay Xanthippe, for what would she send? She has nothing. Probably a thank you and an assurance of loyalty or at least peace :#
    If anyone knows what will happen to Io from now on, it is you ;) And the other heartbroken ones - that hasn't been their whole story, yet. What else has occurred to them isn't really a secret, but it has left its scars on both of them. And tbh, it won't make it easier to adapt to their new surroundings.
    I'm already crying for Boras :bawling:
    YAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!!

Update!!!

Penny gets a pretty present from her sister. Noice! Hope she flaunts it in front of all those menfolks. :p

Alas, I must disappear again. Midterms approacheth, and I haven't gotten all my mods updated from the last patch (I haven't even been able to play for the last few weeks) ... but once I get thorough midterms, there will be writing!

You bet she will parade in front of everyone with that thing! And try to make them jealous :p
    Wish you success, then! I feel with you. Semester has just begun for me so stress is increasing. Exponentially :D (And I will take you serious on the writing after the midterms... We have heard and will not forget!)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Yes, Penthesilea needs a new start. It's so good to see that she has friends who really love and care about her. And even Amadahy Blessing Moon still remembers her... :blush: It was a surprise and it also warmed my heart :) I hope Penthesilea will be happy now ;)
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I wish you would write a book o.o

I can't wait for us to get the new amazons to know better.
    Btw, so Deia will live with the Dows (doves LOL) now? Is she weaned? :scream:

Penny gets a pretty present from her sister. Noice! Hope she flaunts it in front of all those menfolks.
    You bet she will parade in front of everyone with that thing! And try to make them jealous
    Which of the two presents are we talking about? :p
    edited April 2019
    You bet she will parade in front of everyone with that thing! And try to make them jealous :p
    Wish you success, then! I feel with you. Semester has just begun for me so stress is increasing. Exponentially :D (And I will take you serious on the writing after the midterms... We have heard and will not forget!)

Latin midterm is always heavy duty work, but I'm getting the gist of the language now, so I'm doing much better than I was back in the fall. That was hard! Star Wars class is essay midterm, but I'm a geek about the fandom so I'll probably write TOO much :D Simlit writing will occur in my downtime, but just no game playing till after midterms, so I'll be able to catch up that way.

7HQdOO6m.gif
    (because of coooooourse I have to use a Star Wars reference) 😂

Yes, Penthesilea needs a new start. It's so good to see that she has friends who really love and care about her. And even Amadahy Blessing Moon still remembers her... :blush: It was a surprise and it also warmed my heart :) I hope Penthesilea will be happy now ;)

I figured Amadahy is the kind of woman who never forgets <3 And she deserved to be mentioned again! Penthesilea was very happy to hear that Amadahy remembered her, and of course grateful for her friends.
    plum, I wish you would write a book o.o

I can't wait for us to get the new amazons to know better.
    Btw, so Deia will live with the Dows (doves LOL) now? Is she weaned? :scream:

Penny gets a pretty present from her sister. Noice! Hope she flaunts it in front of all those menfolks.
    You bet she will parade in front of everyone with that thing! And try to make them jealous

Aw, that's a very nice compliment! Thank you! :smiley: The writing program document certainly has booklength by now :D
    I'm seriously so excited for them as well! And they won't stay alone for too long, either!

...and this is why the tribe will finally get a name some time in gen 2 :D Dows/doves is just too kind for them :D
    You're right - Deia is still a baby, and while it would be possible to pay a nurse for her either Io nor Penny would have the heart to separate mother and child right now. So Deia will come as soon as she's weaned.

Of course we're talking about both presents :smirk: And while I can't speak for the crown, Thersandros will enjoy being flaunted everywhere.
    Latin midterm is always heavy duty work, but I'm getting the gist of the language now, so I'm doing much better than I was back in the fall. That was hard! Star Wars class is essay midterm, but I'm a geek about the fandom so I'll probably write TOO much :D Simlit writing will occur in my downtime, but just no game playing till after midterms, so I'll be able to catch up that way.

7HQdOO6m.gif
    (because of coooooourse I have to use a Star Wars reference) 😂

It's always nice when a uni task is about one's hobbies. It provides motivation. Wish I could say that from time to time :joy:
    Ha! That gif summarizes it perfectly :tongue:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited May 2019
    Finally read this chapter so here we go.
    So, we won't see Io again? I at least hope she's happy now with whatever happens to her. :) Even if Penthesilea isn't happy about it.

Ah, tiny Aoide reference. Given her family, I agree with Boras that she'll help Herchion be more powerful than he would be alone. She won't let him take any nonsense from anyone. :)

New tribe members! Good to see some new faces and look forward to meeting more new faces in the future. I'm glad Penthesilea finally has peace with Santrake (I think that's what happened). :) And good to see a small cameo from Trip and Bud. I didn't realise it was that Trip until Bud was mentioned. lol
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Finally read this chapter so here we go.
    So, we won't see Io again? I at least hope she's happy now with whatever happens to her. :) Even if Penthesilea isn't happy about it.

Ah, tiny Aoide reference. Given her family, I agree with Boras that she'll help Herchion be more powerful than he would be alone. She won't let him take any nonsense from anyone. :)

New tribe members! Good to see some new faces and look forward to meeting more new faces in the future. I'm glad Penthesilea finally has peace with Santrake (I think that's what happened). :) And good to see a small cameo from Trip and Bud. I didn't realise it was that Trip until Bud was mentioned. lol

Goodness I am sorry to take so long to respond. I read it last weekend and then had no time while not being at home for the week. But I loved your comment very much! <3 And it sure isn't too short, it has a great length!

No, we will not see Io again. Well, not as a main character. And although I doubt that one can be happy after giving one (two?) daughter(s) away, Io will enjoy every second with Chrysippos and Iasion for sure.
    Ehehe, I couldn't resist to give that outlook :wink: Herchion's marriage with Aoide will be a major change in the construct of power between the tribes and I love her, that is why :)
    Yes! New faces and more to come! I do think Trip can forgive you not recognizing her. Amazon Trip does look a lot different. Yes... Bud :'(
    You totally saw through it! :smiley: All those gifts were a peace offering of Santrake indeed.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    We're struggling, but alive. And while not having another chapter for at least a month, maybe you will be interested in a bit of trivia and a few pics to reminisce about the good ol' times on my tumblr.
    Take care! <3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    /cracks a whip
    /offers cookies
    one of those should work, rite??
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited August 2019
    *takes cookie* Ohyethitworkth nom nom
    Thank you for thinking of me and those half-dead Amazons <3

The chapter was planned to be published a month ago but August has been cruel as in the very definition of this word. No uni, but very sad private things needed all attention.
    What I can offer though in case that your ebil side hasn't successfully stalked me on tumblr already, is a short teaser for the next chapter
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    All of us are hopefully eager to meet the new characters but some older ones' arcs are still unfinished... So we will have to take care of that first. Who is ready for a Zeuxippe chapter? :o

lME4hrw.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    WAT IS HAPPENING
    AAAAAAA
    FzWOQ8X.jpg