Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited July 2018
    I come bearing no gifts, but a tiny announcement instead. Sorry?

Phyllis: Tell us, superior author-being, have you stopped working on the fate and history of Amazons?
    author: Um, uh- No. I’m just suuuper busy in real life, learning and stuff for at least another month. Sure you guys know how that is, right?
    Lyta: Phew, thank the Goddess! I was afraid to encounter literary death even before my story really started!

*Phyllis giggles because apparently she knew all along*

2cduxaw.png

For serious, now. In August there is a really important exam. It’s literally called state’s exam. The amount of stuff to learn for it is pretty much endless so until then I will…

…still work on the story, but probably not air any chapters.
    …get to know the characters you submitted. ;)
    …be much less chat- and message-present than usual.
    …not manage to keep up with all of your stories.
    …despair.
    …but still be around to at least catch a fraction of what is going on here and how all of you are doing :D

So, until August then! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    In a perfect world, we would have clones (memory fragments? dream selves?) that could temporarily do things we had to do, but still reap the benefits of life’s experience because we’d just absorb them afterwards.

I know all about having much to do. Until we leave Julius’s month and enter Octavian’s month then!
    Haflinger wrote: »
    In a perfect world, we would have clones (memory fragments? dream selves?) that could temporarily do things we had to do, but still reap the benefits of life’s experience because we’d just absorb them afterwards.

I know all about having much to do. Until we leave Julius’s month and enter Octavian’s month then!

Im in! :joy: If you ever develop clones, please gimme a call.
    Yeah, it sure seems you have quite something to do atm as well. :confused: Hope it'll get better for both of us soon
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

Im in! :joy: If you ever develop clones, please gimme a call.
    Yeah, it sure seems you have quite something to do atm as well. :confused: Hope it'll get better for both of us soon

You're the hard science person, not me! Clones are more hard science, right? :D

I have a BIG paper due in Egypt class next week. Hasn't really left me with a lot of time to write long chapter/actual plot stuff. So I've been messing around with a challenge and autonomy turned on just for fun. Hopefully once the paper is done, I can get back to setting up scenes and such.
    You're the hard science person, not me! Clones are more hard science, right? :D

I have a BIG paper due in Egypt class next week. Hasn't really left me with a lot of time to write long chapter/actual plot stuff. So I've been messing around with a challenge and autonomy turned on just for fun. Hopefully once the paper is done, I can get back to setting up scenes and such.

Um, hard science? Not sure if knowing how to cure people qualifies for cloning. :D But maybe @WagonFruit could join her witches' forces with us to make it happen? >:)
    Pheeew, good luck with you on that paper. That probably the only thing we don't ever have to do. Definitely not missing it. :D But sometimes just playing around a bit is the most fun, with no obligations. And it indeed turns on creativity!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    O.O
    I bet the witches can make clones! Who should we clone??
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    O.O

Haimon so we can bring him back. :innocent:
    O.O

Well, yes we thought about @Haflinger and me for a start... o:) As long as it doesn't split our personality and takes one half captive between the times? :#
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    O.O

Haimon so we can bring him back. :innocent:

:# Would be worth a thought? But wouldn't that rather be necromancy?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited July 2018
    I may not be able to finish a chapter atm but during the last few weeks I've been slowly working on another bit of Santrakian mythology. Because without any kind of creativity, my mind runs dry :D

Here's Daughter Loyalty joining her sisters
    rmvdop.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited August 2018
    Dear readers and fellow authors, first of all thank you so. Incredibly. Much. For amazing 15k views! That is pretty much mindblowing <3
    The final exam week is the one after the next - after that, we're finally free from uni for one and a half month! Yey! Some friends and I will be going to Ireland after that and after that, hopefully we will be able to finish Penthesilea's story at long last and start with Lyta's one and your sims (whom I'm looking forward to so much!)
    As a gift and because @Maladi777 has tagged me, here are some songs that have inspired me greatly so far to dive into Amazon world. The challenge was to create an album cover for them.
    29djko1.png

If you have own songs to share or would like to do the challenge, too please do! I would love to see your results as well! :smiley: You can either post them in your own story threads or here if you don't have one - we'll make an off-topic exception since there won't be any story stuff in the next two or three weeks anyway ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    That's beautiful! :scream:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    After a short innocent journey to the Western lands that has actually been far longer for you than for Penthesilea, she finally returns to the compound in Chapter 49. We meet the little tribe again and learn that sometimes, death and life are tightly intertwined!

6qutzt.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Is … that… a new chapter?! Am I dreaming?
    :scream:

I, as always, admire the effort and great quality of your work. /salutes

Poor Phyllis... not much of an fierce amazon, huh? But she shows strenght in her feminie qualities, in her kindness, optimism empathy... it's a strange curse for the members of DoW that they all seem to be stuck in a life and role they're not suited for u.u Except for Penthesilea and Lyta maybe?
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, it was scary even to me, not only to little Penthesilea's daughter... :/ Poor Protego... I hope he will avoid his cruel fate. :#
    Thanks for the new chapter, @MrsRacooney <3
    Penny looking fierce in that dress tho :open_mouth:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Ah! I was so excited to see the new chapter was up finally! Such a bittersweet ending though. At least Io finally got her daughter, I'm sure another Son would have broke her spirit. :'(
    Can't wait to see what the future holds for the Tribe. <3<3
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Mind if I join in on following?
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
    Damaro wrote: »

Poor Phyllis... not much of an fierce amazon, huh? But she shows strenght in her feminie qualities, in her kindness, optimism empathy... it's a strange curse for the members of DoW that they all seem to be stuck in a life and role they're not suited for u.u Except for Penthesilea and Lyta maybe?

No, nooo, you must be mistak- oh my goodness, you're right it is a chapter! :o
    So, as always, I feel honored! Thank you so much! :blush:
    True, dat. Phyllis isn't the ideal Amazon but tbh, which girl of nine years actually is? There might be some who fulfill that but certainly not so many! Maybe Penthesilea should have thought about that her daughter could, well, be like Protego if he was her father? :D
    Lyta does love the life she's been born in, you can bet! She's always on the run between Dekanos castle and the compound
    Oh, it was scary even to me, not only to little Penthesilea's daughter... :/ Poor Protego... I hope he will avoid his cruel fate. :#

Aw, there you are! I take it you are also insanely busy these days? Take care! <3
    I do hope demand that all of us don't want Protego to die, but that's probably not something we'd be able to change? :/

So true! She should totally wear more western clothing but it's kinda understandable if she doesn't any more? :# I guess.
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Ah! I was so excited to see the new chapter was up finally! Such a bittersweet ending though. At least Io finally got her daughter, I'm sure another Son would have broke her spirit. :'(

Bittersweet is just the right term for it... :|
    Io wouldn't have survived losing another child. Literally. If Deia had been a boy, they would have had to come up with a different plan other than to give him away. I'm no mother but losing a child is probably the worst that can ever happen!
    Five chapters until we can do a headstart into the future! :smiley:

hunniboo1 wrote: »

Why, no! Of course you're always welcome to! :smiley: There can never be enough Amazons in this world
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Damaro wrote: »

No, nooo, you must be mistak- oh my goodness, you're right it is a chapter! :o
    So, as always, I feel honored! Thank you so much! :blush:
    True, dat. Phyllis isn't the ideal Amazon but tbh, which girl of nine years actually is? There might be some who fulfill that but certainly not so many! Maybe Penthesilea should have thought about that her daughter could, well, be like Protego if he was her father? :D
    Lyta does love the life she's been born in, you can bet! She's always on the run between Dekanos castle and the compound

Aw, there you are! I take it you are also insanely busy these days? Take care! <3
    I do hope demand that all of us don't want Protego to die, but that's probably not something we'd be able to change? :/

So true! She should totally wear more western clothing but it's kinda understandable if she doesn't any more? :# I guess.
    Sarahkay wrote: »

Bittersweet is just the right term for it... :|
    Io wouldn't have survived losing another child. Literally. If Deia had been a boy, they would have had to come up with a different plan other than to give him away. I'm no mother but losing a child is probably the worst that can ever happen!
    Five chapters until we can do a headstart into the future! :smiley:

hunniboo1 wrote: »

Why, no! Of course you're always welcome to! :smiley: There can never be enough Amazons in this world

Oh, dear! I am busy as always, but finally, everything calmed down and I can find more time for myself than before ;) I just sent you a message ;)<3
    Yeah, knowing Amazons... I am not surprised... :( I am not sure if Penthesilea will feel good after sacrificing Protego who is such helpless and submissive. :/
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    A new chapter! What a wonderful way to start the week (even if this is a bit late. It was a very happy surprise). The chapter was fantastic. It was a great read and it is good to see you back. Life can be busy and I hope that you are doing well!

I am glad she made it home mostly unscathed. It hasn't been an easy time being away so long and having to deal with the issue with Haimon. Penthesilea did what she had to do but I still feel bad about how it ended with Haimon. Everyone loved Haimon but they don't realize she had to. Not just because it is how the amazons ran things but because like she said she had to seek retribution for the mistreatment of her daughter and her tribe member.The goddess had claimed him. Personally I loved Haimon. He was a joy to learn about. I am worried for Protego. I feel like the goddess claiming him won't leave anyone feeling too happy. Hopefully Protego gets to stay a little longer, Penthesilea and her tribe could use some happiness.

Thank you for Chrysippos! He is a joy to have and a personal favorite. He is just such a sweetheart and tries to be friends with everyone. All of Tribe Isla love him.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    A new chapter! What a wonderful way to start the week (even if this is a bit late. It was a very happy surprise). The chapter was fantastic. It was a great read and it is good to see you back. Life can be busy and I hope that you are doing well!

I am glad she made it home mostly unscathed. It hasn't been an easy time being away so long and having to deal with the issue with Haimon. Penthesilea did what she had to do but I still feel bad about how it ended with Haimon. Everyone loved Haimon but they don't realize she had to. Not just because it is how the amazons ran things but because like she said she had to seek retribution for the mistreatment of her daughter and her tribe member.The goddess had claimed him. Personally I loved Haimon. He was a joy to learn about. I am worried for Protego. I feel like the goddess claiming him won't leave anyone feeling too happy. Hopefully Protego gets to stay a little longer, Penthesilea and her tribe could use some happiness.

Thank you for Chrysippos! He is a joy to have and a personal favorite. He is just such a sweetheart and tries to be friends with everyone. All of Tribe Isla love him.

Thank you for this lovely comment and sharing all your thoughts! And sorry for taking so long to answer, I was in Ireland with friends so I could read but not write myself :D But it was a great time and much needed after all that stress.
    Can I say how much I love that you still love Penthesilea and think she did the right thing while still liking Haimon? Your words mirror the complexity of the situation so well! However, Protego is probably the one who understands the most since he's grown up with the same laws. He doesn't exactly blame Penthesilea for killing Haimon but of course grieves for the loss of his (only ever) friend :'(
    The tribe could indeed use a little more happiness right now. Let's hope that no matter if Protego will die soon or stays a little longer, it won't be accompanied with too much fear and sadness among the others.
    Well, the way you describe it Chrysippos seems to have inherited quite a lot of Io's character! I'm already excited to read more about the man he's become! Squee! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Life has sadly kept me away from writing and reading for the sims for a while. Happily when i got back there were so many good things to ready.

Penthesilea and her travels has always been exciting. Hearing that Haimon was Protego's only friend adds another layer of sadness to Haimon's loss. No one really seems pleased with Penthesilea but she has had a lot of weight on her shoulders and had to do what she had to do. It was the best choice in the long run. Probably. Maybe

Re-reading it again. Yay for Deianeria!!

Who doesn't love Chrysippos? Answer no one, everyone loves him. He is a lot like Io. Io is great.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Life has sadly kept me away from writing and reading for the sims for a while. Happily when i got back there were so many good things to ready.

Penthesilea and her travels has always been exciting. Hearing that Haimon was Protego's only friend adds another layer of sadness to Haimon's loss. No one really seems pleased with Penthesilea but she has had a lot of weight on her shoulders and had to do what she had to do. It was the best choice in the long run. Probably. Maybe

Re-reading it again. Yay for Deianeria!!

Who doesn't love Chrysippos? Answer no one, everyone loves him. He is a lot like Io. Io is great.

Ugh, being kept from a hobby by life isn't fun but thankfully, there'll always be less busy times :)
    Basically, Protego still has Io as a friend but it can be difficult if not impossible to develop and maintain a friendship to someone who is so much higher in rank.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    This was just a little project to relax but those of you who also write historical or fantasy stories might find use for these poses :)

35iamn7.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Oh, girl! :o:o:o It's awesome! You did such a great work! <3