Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Event System

You know, I'm realizing how much I missed being able to choose a certain date for when I would like my events to be held. Adds more realism to the game, I'm hoping they actually add this to the next patch.
rsz_simsgurunicole.png

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited April 2017
    You know, I'm realizing how much I missed being able to choose a certain date for when I would like my events to be held. Adds more realism to the game, I'm hoping they actually add this to the next patch.
    We told them this before TS4 was officially announced.

We were expecting to able to book things in - a Sim calls you to go out - it gets booked in for a day/time - not just teleport straight there in the middle of having a shower, etc.
    To be honest we forewarned them about their method of Time before it blew up in their faces with the Bowling SP.
    The writing was on the wall with restaurants when Sims were taking 9, 10, 11 hours to eat 3 courses.

I believe they tweaked the game. The last time I tried to eat in a restaurant, I couldn't order 3 courses at once - but I could do that when it first came out. It is almost like they sneakily took that out.
  • dirtyDdirtyD Posts: 65 Member
    Yes! The events systems needs a major overhaul! I hate the checklist of things required, but more thank that, I hate that you can't plan things out like before. I miss picking a date & time. Also, when other sims repeatedly call to invite my sims places, it would be nice to be able to say not tonight, but how about this day at this time? Not just drop everything and go NOW!
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I'm with you guys, especially when it's a sims inviting my sim out. Drives me crazy that my sims hunger is low and they are just sitting down to eat and all I want to be able to do is say 'yep I'll meet you soon'. Then my sim could eat and then leave to meet a friend. Especially since if the friend is inviting my sim to their house, they will get mad at me for trying to make food there!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    dirtyD wrote: »
    Yes! The events systems needs a major overhaul! I hate the checklist of things required, but more thank that, I hate that you can't plan things out like before. I miss picking a date & time. Also, when other sims repeatedly call to invite my sims places, it would be nice to be able to say not tonight, but how about this day at this time? Not just drop everything and go NOW!

Even in the old system in Sims3, if your Sim said no, pop ups would occur telling you that an event is about to begin and your Sim better not miss it! Even though my Sim already turned down the offer. Face/palm. Talk about being badgered. Mostly my Sim, who was a singer, and the event was happening during a gig, so he couldn't go. If I had him accept the offer, he was always late. And when there was no gig and he accepted most of the time the host wasn't at home! No system if perfect. But, I do wish my Sim wouldn't be swept away at that instant in Sims4.

What's crazy, still, is there are two events in Sims4 where the caller gives a time. And your Sim goes nowhere. There is no circus and there is no underground concert. EA, please either fix these or remove them from the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited April 2017
    I never really noticed and issue but I don't plan any parties until the time I want them to happen but if enough people ask for it, it could be patched. You never know if they're really not going to change something unless they don't. The rabbit hole events happen later in the day at the time the sim asks but I think you have to stay on the home lot for it to trigger.
    03-29-17_11-58-29_AM.png
    She was invited to this early in the morning I suspect that is to give you time to do other things or decide if you want to go at all.
    03-29-17_12-01-33_PM.png
    They do however go as they are, and come back and well tell you what they thought basically.
    03-30-17_7-18-25_PM.png
    This second one she was also called in the morning but there was a confirm call just before.
    03-30-17_7-20-36_PM.png
    I've done the circus and concert one as well but forgot to get pics for those.

I would like to have the old planning system, just see all the people they know no matter the relationship with the host with time and dress code, they already have a system so for all we know it could be something they want to change and haven't gotten it right yet.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MierinSedai21MierinSedai21 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes, I'm so glad someone thought of this! I really miss being able to plan things in advance! I second the idea to have an option to delay a hang out option from a random caller. Unrelated but it'd also be nice if married sims didn't try to make 🐸🐸🐸🐸 calls to my other married sims who are NOT their spouses.