Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guys...Dangerous + Weddings combined....

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
Hi all! Since I've been reading through some of these threads and participating in idea posts, I came across a combination concept for the Dangerous Pack and Wedding pack that both @Movotti and one other person (I'm so sorry, I don't remember who suggested it, feel free to shout out!) suggested, for making a bigger pack with a "Ceremonies" theme. [Edit: It was an idea spawn from @FKM100. Thanks!]

Now, "Dangerous" was my first choice on the stuff pack list, and "Weddings" was my last, but the more I thought about this concept, the more I liked it, the more I brainstormed, and now I need to get these suggestions out of my system, because this is something I really, really want. Of course, this entire concept would have to be a game or expansion pack, and this thread could very well end up in the ideas forum, but since the devs have graciously opened up a window into possibilities and offered their listening ears, I need to throw this out there. Please feel free to add your own input and ideas.

As I've mentioned, the main theme could be Ceremonies, ....or Black Tie, or Black and White Affairs, or something like that, and the focus is on two things: Weddings, and Funerals, and all of the fillers, circumstances, and idiosyncrasies revolving around those two celebrations, or that lead up to them. So here is a list of what I think would make such a pack extremely desirable:

~ New CAS formal and casual wear for all ages, that comes in a variety of colors, especially black and white, that can be used for either occasion. This includes wedding/mourning veils, undertaker/groomsman hats, suits and gowns for children, toddlers, elders, etc.

~ New romance interactions, an attraction system, matchmaker, blind dates, speed dating, etc. for sims to find their soulmate.

~ New interactions with "in-laws" to "ask for blessing" and "welcome to the family".

~ New romantic destination for the honeymoon, perhaps to a tropical island paradise. (Also much requested.)

~ An inheritance/will and dowry system for transferring family funds to specific sims.

~ Podiums with interactions for "eulogy" and "make a toast"

~ New build items for cathedral/church style buildings and mortuaries, including stained glass windows, spires, and maybe new circular room builds.

~ New "Cemetary" lot type where we can place urns and graves of the deceased, and which ghosts will haunt.

~ New lot traits of "festive" to keep sims in a celebratory mood, and "solemn", that debuffs happiness for funerals and cemeteries.

~ New interactions at graves, like the ones we got during the Day of the Dead festival. Maybe a way to leave an offering for the dead, or to summon the ghost.

~ A gravedigger NPC! (Because that's just awesome!)

~ New death types and "high risk" items that increase the chance of a sim's demise.

~ New interactions with the Grim Reaper. Perhaps a way to summon him, make deals, challenge to a game in exchange to save a loved one, and "sacrifice self" to switch places with the deceased.

~ Uncover secrets of death to become the Reaper.

~ Create ghosts in CAS and play independently. Maybe a little revamping to current ghosts and a few minor ghost powers.

~ New careers: Party Planner and Undertaker

~ New interactive coffins for mourning. (and new beds for vampires!)

~ New tombs, urns, and graves, to choose for the loved one, with customizable epitaph.

~ Customizable picture frames for displaying the deceased, to put on easels, walls, or tables.

~ A variety of flower arrangements for weddings and funerals, including black roses.

~ New club activities of "celebrate" and "mourn" so sims can do these in groups, together.

~ New interactions for sims to comfort each other and give sympathies.

I was also throwing around the idea of hotels for the honeymoon island and new Christening cribs and outfits, but I think that maybe that's starting to stray too much from the main focus.

Anyway, I'd REALLY appreciate if the devs and gurus would consider these suggestions. I feel like there would be enough in it to appeal to a wide variety of Sims players, it would include a whole lot of requests, and it's also a fairly new(ish) theme. Plus, it looks like the Eco pack is going to win, and I desperately want these concepts to still become a thing.

So please, take this, devs. Take the idea and run with it, run like you have scissors in one hand and a Death Flower in the other! (Sorry, it's late here. I had a long day, lol)

#Team Occult
Post edited by LiELF on

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yay!
    You've thought this through better than most people do when they post about this sort of pack.

Name for the pack: Hatched, Matched and Dispatched.

New romantic destination for the honeymoon, perhaps to a tropical island paradise. (Also much requested.)
    Something small, like the size of Granite Falls, with a hotel, a couple of cabbins, a b&b, and a beach or two for swimming.
    New interactions for sims to comfort each other and give sympathies.
    Wasn't there some interaction like that in TS3?

A variety of flower arrangements for weddings and funerals, including black roses.
    And some carryable.
    Christening cribs
    Naming day. It's more universal.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Love the name you came up with, haha!

Thanks for your added suggestions. I was definitely thinking the destination would be the size of Granite Falls and work the same way.

And Naming Day makes much more sense. :)
    #Team Occult
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well.. I feel weddings and funeral gameplay could be fleshed out in an events expansion pack too. Not to mention they could add other occassions like baby showers and more with gift registry for guest to bring objects. There are baby shower games Sims could play before the baby arrives. So, Sims would be celebrating the begining of Sims lives with a baby shower and the ending with a funeral in an events type pack.
    Post edited by SnaveXs on
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I think Ceremonies was my idea (unless someone else also came up with it at the same time). @Movotti, I like your suggested name for the pack.
    My idea at the time was that it was a concept that could accommodate a lot of cultural diversity, so, while there would certainly be scope for western style weddings, funerals and christening/baby-naming ceremonies, we could also get a glimpse of how these rites of passage are celebrated in some other cultures.
    FKM100 wrote: »
    I think Ceremonies was my idea (unless someone else also came up with it at the same time). @Movotti, I like your suggested name for the pack.
    My idea at the time was that it was a concept that could accommodate a lot of cultural diversity, so, while there would certainly be scope for western style weddings, funerals and christening/baby-naming ceremonies, we could also get a glimpse of how these rites of passage are celebrated in some other cultures.

Ahh yes. That would be brilliant!
    #Team Occult
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

~ New romance interactions, an attraction system, matchmaker, blind dates, speed dating, etc. for sims to find their soulmate.

~ An inheritance/will and dowry system for transferring family funds to specific sims.

@LiELF considering you mentions dowry system what would you be able to think the OPTION of having arranged marriage if this Wedding/Dangerous packs being made into a gamepack/EP?

I know everyone might not want the option because its "oppress women" and blah, blah. If you want to hear some of my three DIFFERENT ways of how you could play with this..tag me if you want to know!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »

@LiELF considering you mentions dowry system what would you be able to think the OPTION of having arranged marriage if this Wedding/Dangerous packs being made into a gamepack/EP?

I know everyone might not want the option because its "oppress women" and blah, blah. If you want to hear some of my three DIFFERENT ways of how you could play with this..tag me if you want to know!!

@MadameLee I personally have no problem with playing arranged marriages in Sims 4. I often like to play games set in the past (as well as I can, anyway, but those cell phones really can kill the setting, haha) and I try to stay open to a variety of cultural traditions. I think it would broaden the scope of gameplay and be more inclusive, rather than oppressive. I'd love to hear your ideas. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This title makes me feel like a funeral is at a Sims wedding...I don't know what to say to that. Lol
    MadameLee wrote: »

@MadameLee I personally have no problem with playing arranged marriages in Sims 4. I often like to play games set in the past (as well as I can, anyway, but those cell phones really can kill the setting, haha) and I try to stay open to a variety of cultural traditions. I think it would broaden the scope of gameplay and be more inclusive, rather than oppressive. I'd love to hear your ideas. :)

The first style:
    two Queens (or two king's wives) are expecting children and they decided that maybe one's daughter will marry the other's ones son when they're YAs When they children are child the non-playable family's child moves into the playable famiy's home and is a guest ( not taking up space) until they're teens and then will return home and during this time the two sides will date (there can be the added option of a person chaperoning them you can choose if this happens or not) and if they fall in love with someone else, they can agree NOT to get married to each other but if they don't fall in love with a 3rd party, they will agree to marry each other when they're YAs.
    (unless falling in love happens with a 3rd party when they're in college and they can call it off at anytime)

Type 2 "Swan Princess/Simba-Nala/Sleeping Beauty style"
    two Queens(or two king's wives) are expecting children and they decided that maybe one's daughter will marry the other's ones son when they're YAs. When they're children they both go to the (same) school and either they hate each other or they're best friends!! When they're teens their parents tell them that they're betrothed to each other and depending on wether they hate each other or they're best friends their reaction will be different. during this time the two sides will date and if they fall in love with someone else, they can agree NOT to get married to each other but if they don't fall in love with a 3rd party, they will agree to marry each other when they're YAs

Type 3 Modern style (er Jasmine style)
    The Prince and Princess are tees and have many people who tried to win the heart of the Prince/Princess and both of them have turn the potential wives/husbands down and a 3rd party (a matchmaker, a relative, a family friend) tells them the Princess family that the Prince's family has the same problem with the Prince and the families agreed to have a meeting between the Prince and Princess and see what happens. If they have good chemistry, they will go on "dates" and if they don't fall in love with a 3rd person they will get married as a YAs

6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee I really like your ideas! The concept of one child moving into the home of the betrothed is very cool and reminds me of an anime that I love.

Your story ideas make me want a "Kingdoms" pack now, where we could have Sims royalty households and peasants and farmers and blacksmiths. Like Sims Medieval. <3
    #Team Occult
    @MadameLee I really like your ideas! The concept of one child moving into the home of the betrothed is very cool and reminds me of an anime that I love.

Your story ideas make me want a "Kingdoms" pack now, where we could have Sims royalty households and peasants and farmers and blacksmiths. Like Sims Medieval. <3

the first idea actually came to me from a the Royal Diaries series (a series about different Princess-and yes the Series does include Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria "diaries" at the ages of 10-13 and in the one about the Indian Princess, Jahanara (ie she's was at the time "Princess of Princess"), who is Not allowed to get married-is where I got the idea from of child 1 moving into child 2's parents home)
    6adMCGP.gif
    I think it would also be really cool if Sims could be made more aware of events that happen to those whom they have relationships with. If a good friend or relative dies or marries, I feel like they should react without having to be in the same room. Maybe even receive a pop-up notification or phone call and their mood changes accordingly.
    #Team Occult
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Yes!!!!!!!!! I would love that so much. I really wanted Sims Medieval to be more like a regular sims game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Yes!!!!!!!!! I would love that so much. I really wanted Sims Medieval to be more like a regular sims game.

Right?! Me too! I didn't like how linear it was and I really wanted to just do my own thing. I've been considering putting some concepts together for the Ideas forum. Although, there's probably already one on there somewhere, haha
    #Team Occult
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I said some of these same ideas, too. I mostly like what you are saying. I don't think the dowry idea is good... it might be seen as offensive. I think arranged marriages go the same way. Because, honestly, it would be very easy for you to play an arranged marriage yourself in your own personal gameplay without making it a game feature.

I think also a good idea could be Baby Showers. And Proms for the teens-- and "ask to prom" could be a casual, easy feature where you don't have to be romantically attached to your date. Special occasions and ceremonies would be such a great addition. (And seasons... I mean just imagine if it was raining at your funeral... or wedding!)

If they made some theme or period specific sims games, that would be amazing. A medieval one or other time period that plays like regular sims but more specific to the era would be awesome. They could do lots of stuff like that, too. For instance, making a one just about afterlife (and I don't mean just annoying ghosts). That would be incredible. They could do fantasy stuff, too. So many possibilities.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love this idea! The completely opposite themes of life and death in one pack is actually quite thrilling and a lot can be done with it!

Since the TS4 family pack looks like it focusses on family play instead of generational play, this pack could act as a pack that leads a sim through their life through major celebrations like a baby shower, birthdays, prom (if it isn't added to the family pack), weddings and funerals, and gives more meaning to their life. Special, detailed and in-deph social and emotional interactions for these events would be added in the pack that really affects the sim's life, thus a memory system would also be required. It would be preferable if this memory system is more advanced than TS3, where sims simply had pictures with descriptions in a scrapbook. Since TS4 sims are supposed to be smarter and be shaped by events in their life, memories should influence, or even change, traits and emotions. As an example:
    Toddler is barely given any attention and parents are constantly mean to him/her. Upon aging up, might aquire a negative trait like gloomy or mean, because the childhood was damaging. However, the trait can be changed during the life of the sim if he/she makes many good relationships, is loved and is happy.
    Emotional example:
    A very beloved member of a sim's family dies. The sim might be reminded of that family member's death when they are on the lot where the death took place, making them sad and want to leave. If a beloved sim died at the sim's house, they may even want to move.
    It sounds complicated, but it really isn't so complicated at all. All it really needs, are certain situations or near constant emotional states that trigger a certain outcome etc. One sad moment won't magically turn your sim gloomy - the sim has to near constantly be sad for that to happen. You get the picture.

As for a small world, I think a mini-version of Sunset Valley would be great:
    - A graveyard. Funerals can be held here.
    - A pretty, neat park with a pond and lots of trees and flowers. A wedding can be held here.
    - A cliff and long beach stretch. On one side of the stretch, there's a bigger public beach lot, and on the other, two small honeymoon beach bungalows available for rent and a pretty, small romantic beach. Weddings can be held on any of the two beaches.
    - A Community Hall slash library where sims can get documents like certificates, change their name etc. at the counter, and obviously read at the library section. There is also a hall area with chairs and a small eating/coffee corner, which can be used when holding a funeral at the lot.
    - Two residential lots would be nice, so we can live there if we want.

I think romantic stuff like an attraction system should either be in a Romance GP or patched in, so I would rather not have them in this pack, to make space for depth regarding a sim's life, death and celebrations of both. Wedding gameplay and stuff, of course, would still be added to this pack. The other fun romantic stuff you mentioned, would go well with a Romance GP. Except slow-dancing! That's got to be in this pack because it's a major moment in life. Come on, every slow dance is something to remember. There's something magical about it. Thus, slow-dancing at the sims' wedding, as an elderly couple and then with their children at the funeral when one of the parents died, is a big must.

Celebration of Life and Death GP. Better be coming soon :wink:
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
    Great ideas, guys!
    #Team Occult
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Another vote for medieval here, including castles (Sims2 has a castle kit via the S2 store, Maxis made), jousts, heraldry, theme attire & furnishings, use of weapons/tools, quests (Sims3 has a kernel of that), all sorts of things are possible.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    seee this is what i thought would be a better idea instead of having them in separate packs
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    A Ceremonies pack would be amazing! Having the Wedding Stuff and Dangerous Stuff packs merged with more content is a great idea.

It makes me a little sad that there's not much to do post-death. Sims are sad for a couple days and that's sort of it. Funerals would be a great asset to the game. The ceremony could function similarly to weddings but with sad moodlets. New interactions could be introduced which could have comparable animations too, like giving speeches at either event, choosing best men/bridesmaids, arranging flowers - the last of which could be introduced as a career option maybe? Maybe I'm going too deep lol.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dangerous weddings?

Saying your vows, while jumping from a plane
    Under water vows
    Bungy jump 'I do'
    Vows while going down rapids.
    Vows on a roller coaster. 'I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'
    Vows while water skiing

And then there's this:
    getting-married-at-1000-ft-wedding-on-a-biplane-wing.jpeg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    Yes, I love the idea of Ceremonies. Great idea because I was a little sad that Weddings didn't win.
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    I absolutely love this idea, @LiELF!!!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    I absolutely love this idea, @LiELF!!!

Yay! Hopefully the devs like it too, haha...
    #Team Occult
  • akahautakahaut Posts: 5 New Member
    It's just a small thing to ask, but I really want the option to slow dance back. :neutral: