Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ecological Living - A pic thread for inspiration!

Comments

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I love all the pictures! I hope we can make the wood furniture on the handy work bench. We need more stuff to make on it and this pack would be the perfect pack to have it in.
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Modern eco-friendly houses

watern10.jpg
    ab4fdd10.jpg

I love the look of these houses! The solar panels would be a great addition and indoor/outdoor gardens!
  • danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    I think this update should include some new garden features. Including composting, organic gardening, new food plants, etc.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Heres somethings I think would be cool to include :)
    fdfd4c0ed78530fe87947c3bd71738ca.jpg
    676cbfe16a90e4c65aabb0a39fa8f3c2.jpg
    recycled-dumpster-swimming-pool.jpg
    5-upcycling-projects-for-kids.jpg

giphy_1.gif
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    @LeGardePourpre - that second pic of the house with the grass all over it could be done in game if they take some of the existing grass textures we already have and make roof tiles from them.
    edited April 2017
    In terms of gameplay, I was thinking how sims can rummage through trash piles and collect UPGRADE PARTS - common, electrica/kitchen and plumbing. It would be nice if sims could craft objects from these parts on the woodworking bench. Some of the lights in this thread would be great for the higher levels in the handiness skill. Again, no extra animation required, just extra coding to link everything together.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Aquapoinics!!

7157c429e77a3282abd4aee93adefcca.jpg
    Aquaponic-System.jpg
    how-aquaponics-works.png

It'd be great for elder sims in particular, no more back breaking gardening!
    And fish, without even leaving your home.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @Movotti - love the idea of aquaponics - that would make a great gameplay item. (Even if it doesn't make it into this pack, a GAME PACK about sustainability and an EXPANSION PACK on farming are things I would definitely buy for my game. This thread, and other threads are showing there is interest in farming etc)

Gameplay idea:
    Movotti wrote: »
    Aquapoinics!!

how-aquaponics-works.png

I could see this one item offering two benifits in game:
    1. Fishing (as you've said)
    2. Harvesting leafy greens:

For fishing
    1.restock: automatically adds small fish to the tank for a small price
    2. Sims could drag any fresh fish they have caught into the tank (basically how fish tanks work now)
    3. Collect Fish - fish will breed in the tank - a simple swipe animation would add a single fish to the sims inventory, which could then be used for recipes, or drag into another tank we already have. Maybe this aquaponic tank could introduce a new breed of fish.

For harvesting
    New harvestables, such as lettuce, rocket, baby spinach, mint could be added, (and then new recipes for salads too!)
    Interactions:
    1. Plant seeds - a simple shaking animation from a seed packet
    2. Harvest - with one swipe animation, a small number of ALL the new harvestables are added to the sims inventory, which can be planted the normal way - in the ground or in a pot, eaten directly like fruit can now, or used in recipes - even smoothies (for when we finally get a blender).

No need to WEED, WATER, SPRAY FOR BUGS - suitable for inside apartments, out on balconies as well as outdoors!
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I'm just bringing in some more CAS inspiration :smile: Going more in the living off the grid direction.

Inspiration01.png
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2017
    Ismera wrote: »
    Thank you! <3

Your're welcome! Being a new member is difficult until you have commented enough. I love your pictures. You have excellent ideas. I really like the aqua farms and the bee keeping. The honey is so accessible and no stings!

Welcome new forum simmer; awesome pics. :) Thanks Sage for putting them up so I can see them. :)
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    5-upcycling-projects-for-kids.jpg
    Love this and how great to have a toddler tie in.
    Modern eco-friendly houses

watern10.jpg
    ab4fdd10.jpg

I really love these; talk those sim gurus into this. :o
  • EdvardinionioEdvardinionio Posts: 3 New Member
    It would be cool if there would be a diy station and skil so you can make these things. Similar to the crafting table.
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Don't forget to vote for the style, in my opinion style B is pretty close to a lot of things that has been posted here
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited April 2017
    @LeGardePourpre - that second pic of the house with the grass all over it could be done in game if they take some of the existing grass textures we already have and make roof tiles from them.

Well guess what, a modder was as usual faster than EA :) And it looks perfect!
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=592795
    @Erica87 - I really love that A-framed patchwork smock dress that girl is wearing, and the wooden bangles. I'd like some wooden bangles and beads for my sims.

@Tanja1986 - thanks for sharing the link to that mod.

@Marley V - I was happy to see that more rustic approach in style B. Even if it doesn't win, I think what people have posted in this thread could be great inspiration for other packs down the track too. A DIY crafting stuff pack, a sustainability game pack, an entire farming expansion pack. Still opportunities to squeeze some of these ideas into our games. ... will be interesting to see the results of the art style voting.
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    @Erica87 I love those clothes options! <3
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member

I like what was done with the tires and would like to suggest tire swings. They were a staple of my childhood play.

008.jpg

Elise+tire+swing.jpg

e33fefda1b93654445a92f5aed2ea0f4.jpg

015.jpg

Tires can be used for so many different things. They would make a great addition to the eco pack.

<----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    Don't forget to vote for the style, in my opinion style B is pretty close to a lot of things that has been posted here

Yeah, I voted for style B as well. It's incredible how I was all for that modern eco living at first and now my opinion completely changed, thanks in part to this picture thread :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    mooredt21 wrote: »
    I like what was done with the tires and would like to suggest tire swings. They were a staple of my childhood play.

008.jpg

My school had one of these. It was deadly.
    Well, not deadly, but a lot of kids had injurys from it. It was awesome.

We also had a junglegym made of tyres. I think it was about 2mt high, though, as a little kid, it looked much higher. It looked a bit like this, only it was a cube, and had a metal frame to support it
    cc968adf1a63c8c10a6c4235ff7ac8bd.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Recycled timber furniture
    lXeJEPm.jpg
    GJ8Sxqp.jpg

Chickens!
    AFaRcAe.jpg

@kokoro80 - that top side table looks like a fun project for the woodworking table. And if we don't get chickens by the time Sims 4 is complete I'll be unhappy. I really want some of my outdoor loving sims to eventually own and run a hobby farm, complete with chickens, a milking cow, bees, compost bins, functional rain tanks that catches the rain from the actual rain - :D can you tell I'm looking forward to having rain? and lightning and thunderstorms ...
    We have daisies already in the game as a harvestable plant, so it's not much of a stretch to think that sims would make daisy chains! I'd love to have some kind of CAS item especially for toddlers and kids.

afLaD0f.jpg

Here's a challenge for the team @SimGuruGraham : could daisy chains be made as hats? That way, we could apply the hat to all hairstyles we have in the game, as well as future hairstyles. or will the top of the hat hair mesh be a problem? If it's not doable, then a new hairstyle with daisies would be lovely (meaning especially for kids and toddlers ... sometimes our younger sims don't get much in a stuff pack).

Challenge 2: Could anklets be made as shoes? Bare feet with a daisy chain around the ankle. Or could they be put into the accessories category along with socks? I have a number of sims already who would love this fashion option.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Ismera wrote: »
    Well i wanted to make a new thread, but found out the forum won't let newbies do that, so i'll post it here instead :)
    Some more moodboards/collage/ideas for the eco living stuff pack :D (& please have mercy on me english is my second language)
    Edit: okay honestly what is this forum?! now i can't even post pictures? grrr.. so frustrating i spent two hours on these :s
    I'd be forever thankfull if someone could reblog this and post the pictures for me, please? :#

Here are your pictures :)

1zyhvsg.jpg
    21bj9t5.jpg
    2dc6deg.jpg
    2gtribo.jpg
    i5d4px.jpg
    14ccpav.jpg
    2qbzzoy.jpg

See, this is my idea of Eco Living when I think about it. I guess I'm just a modern person and also cuz my country does a lot of these clean modern eco friendly stuff instead of using the more natural wooden materials to make things, etc.

Since my country, Singapore, has limited land, we have come up with this agricultural technique that uses a stacking method for the harvest and to also have them indoors.

Image_Indoor-Agriculture_Feeding-the-Future1.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    how do you guys share pics on here ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited April 2017
    how do you guys share pics on here ?

I just use the image codes, with a link in the middle. Like this:
    [img]link here[/img]

You can use images you find online (through google search, for example) or if you have your own, you can host them on places like imgur. And imgur will even provide the link with the code if you get the forum share link.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.