Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work - How do I sell fish on a retail lot?

Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
The question is basically in the title. I'd like to sell fish on a retail lot, preferably in an aquarium as a sort of pet store. I can't set them for sale when they're in the aquarium so is it not possible? Do I have to have them lay around and decay?
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
Taking a break from the sims for a while!

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Hi,
    I've been hoping for a feature like this as well.
    A fish and/or produce stand would be fantastic.

From what I understand there is a workaround if you have CL?
    Apparantly there is an object in that pack that will allow you to sell items?
    I've heard people say you can resize them to make the stuff look more attractive?

Sorry i couldn't be of more help, but I saw this got no replies so I thought I'd give you a bump.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    How to sell fish: Put them in a big box half filled with ice cubes. NO, I really don't know. It ought to be possible.
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    Could you put them in a refrigerator?
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been hoping for a feature like this as well.
    A fish and/or produce stand would be fantastic.

From what I understand there is a workaround if you have CL?
    Apparantly there is an object in that pack that will allow you to sell items?
    I've heard people say you can resize them to make the stuff look more attractive?

Sorry i couldn't be of more help, but I saw this got no replies so I thought I'd give you a bump.

I uninstalled CL :smiley: No worries, thanks for the bump!
    Annie2008 wrote: »
    Could you put them in a refrigerator?

A normal fridge works but they're not set for sale in there. The ice cold lice thing that's supposed to be for produce doesn't work because I can't drag them in there.
    How to sell fish: Put them in a big box half filled with ice cubes. NO, I really don't know. It ought to be possible.

That actually gave me an idea... There's a display that came with Get To Work and that indeed kind of looks like it has ice cubes in it... And to my surprise it's actually possible to put the fish in there! They don't even spoil. But... I wanted my shop to be a pet shop, not a food store. So all the poor decorative fish have to stay on ice untill they're in the hands of a new customer... That's a bit sad. I just really wish we could sell them alive.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    So my idea wasn't so bad at all. I am really relieved. But you're right. It would be nice to have the fish like the frogs and insects in small terrariums/aquariums. Can't you use the small aquariums in the game? They can store one fish.
    I tried that and you can definitely store fishes in there but unfortunately you can't set either the fish or the bowl for sale :disappointed:
  • johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member

That actually gave me an idea... There's a display that came with Get To Work and that indeed kind of looks like it has ice cubes in it... And to my surprise it's actually possible to put the fish in there! They don't even spoil. But... I wanted my shop to be a pet shop, not a food store. So all the poor decorative fish have to stay on ice untill they're in the hands of a new customer... That's a bit sad. I just really wish we could sell them alive.[/quote]

Have you thought about a semi-quasi pet shop. Set up a bunch of aquariums for display fish etc and then put the fish you want to sell into the ice cube thing and that way it appears that they are buying the fish from the aquariums on display.
    @johnjet That's a good idea as well but I kind of don't like the sight of the decorative fishes (like chichlids, bettas) dead in a freezer. I've alternatively thought that I'm going to have one fish in the aquarium and then the same fish mounted above the aquarium and then I can set the mounted fish for sale and that acts as a "token" basically so if I switch families and find the mounted fish in their inventory I just switch it out to a live fish. I don't know, what I'd really like is a retail freezer thingie that looks like an aquarium or a mod that makes fish retain their set for sale tag when they're in an aquarium.