Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy Stories

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2017
    Screenshot-958_zpsmguelehm.jpg
    @Anthonydyer That honestly looks like something I could be expected to do if I'm hungry :D (well, not as extremely as in this picture. But basically, yes.)

@Pancakesandwich That is mean... yet funny. I ought to send you my sims. They start cooking, get distracted with some pointless thing such as a phone call, and then start a fire. Or when I had the fryer they obsessively fry their food, I cancel their interactions as an effort to get them to eat the countless amount of leftovers in the fridge, and then a fire starts because they left food in the fryer. They are guaranteed to start a fire in your sim home!

Maybe that is your haunted house right there. That girl is immortal! :)
    Thank you for your story and for the pictures. This is a great story.

Thank you :)
    And I do plan to revive her, and only her, to eventually marry one of the living Sims. So yes, Lynette Nopens could be called the Immortal Girl.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    We all know the legendary freezer bunny. Well today I went to the store and I saw this product in the freezer. I call it the freezer polar bear! He kind of looks like he belongs with the freezer bunny. I couldn't resist purchasing one. They are pretty tasty. I love the whole freezer bunny thing. Does anyone have any freezer bunny stories?
    Sometimes I make my sim sunbathe just to see the freezer bunny towel. It also is fun to take a look in the freezers in TS2 and see those things in there.
    0607171428_zpsazp7lmos.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Anthonydyer - The product you've got there is a supermarket brand version of the original Creamsicle. I think I like your supermarket brand's packaging better. There's no cute polar bear that I can remember on the more expensive brand's box, maybe there used to be? :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited June 2017
    They got that polar bear on all of their store brand ice cream novelties. It is pretty funny.
    edited June 2017
    Guidelines for this thread
    Hi everyone. I figured I would post this so everyone knows what this thread is about. I haven't noticed any problems; I just thought I would clarify.

Like the title says, this thread is about crazy stories. I will usually post...
    1. Crazy Stories from The Sims
    2. Stories that are funny from The Sims
    3. Things from real life that are sims related that are amusing
    I will focus most on number 1, but you may see 2 and 3 from time to time.
    You are welcome and encouraged to contribute to this repository of Sims stories.
    You are welcome and encouraged to reflect on others' stories as well.
    edited June 2017
    I screwed up adoption once. In my defence, I never did it before (the adoption thing, not the screwing up. That's something I did more than once :D ). Basically I had those two Plumbots, one that my Sim built at home and one bought in the dystopian future. I gave them both the ability to love, which they absolutely used, but then I wanted them to have a child too.
    Unfortunately there are no tiny Plumbot toddlers (that would be so cute!), which meant that I would either have to build a Plumbot the same size as them who probably wouldn't count as the child/creation of both, or I could adopt a child for the first time in this game.
    I took the latter option, and that one kind of destroyed the timeline. I HATE temporal mechanics.

Still in the future, I let one of my Plumbots adopt a child. I didn't know being a Plumbot would mean the child wouldn't get a last name, and I didn't realise I had adopted a boy either. So here comes Veronika, the boy without a last name :D
    He is a child with a pretty snobby and kind of evil attitude. Which of course meant he would start insulting the Plumbots supposed to be his parents, who he just viewed as "Household Plumbots" though. Some timey-wimey stuff made the creator of my Plumbot the child's grandmother by the way. lel. I put my not-yet-sentient Plumbots into Angry Mode and let them fire back a little. Veronika still didn't like them, and she he didn't like Sonia (the creator) either.
    So he basically is so snobby and evil that he hates all non-Simlish life including robots, even though Sonia has just got the alien ears and nothing else. He is so evil, even I stopped liking him at this moment :joy:
    SMdAplw.jpg

And me, in my infinite wisdom, couldn't figure out a way to get rid of this child. I still haven't. So I just went back (hoping Veronika wouldn't come with them, but he did). So I let him move in with Erin Kennedy who still lived in the present because aging is off in that savegame.

I'm not sure what kind of effects Veronika's existence in the present may have on the future. I mean, if it wasn't for my incompetence still being active in the future, he basically shouldn't exist. Now he lives with a random woman none of my Sims know. And none of my Sims like him anymore, not even his supposed-to-be parentbots. I really should get around to visiting the future again.

At least I got some nice space rocks from the constant futuristic meteor showers.

And I just noticed how my incompetence already made for some epic stories of stupidity :joy: I should really start writing such things down as soon as they happen...

By the way, in case you wonder what Sonia looks like:
    mPVFxnk.jpg
    Guidelines for this thread
    Hi everyone. I figured I would post this so everyone knows what this thread is about. I haven't noticed any problems; I just thought I would clarify.

Like the title says, this thread is about crazy stories. I will usually post...
    1. Crazy Stories from The Sims
    2. Stories that are funny from The Sims
    3. Things from real life that are sims related that are amusing
    I will focus most on number 1, but you may see 2 and 3 from time to time.
    You are welcome and encouraged to contribute to this repository of Sims stories.
    You are welcome and encouraged to reflect on others' stories as well.

I JUST realised you are the creator of this thread. So that's why you've been posting so often here :joy:
    Here is the craziest incident to date. I have an apartment in Belladonna Cove with two of my sims. I have a roommate in addition to that. She is very high on the nature enthusiasm so on many occasions she will go outside of the apartment building and sniff the flowers outside. Here is where it gets good! She will sniff the flowers, stand up, get the 'in the zone' glow, and then repeat all night. On several occasions she will do this from 10 PM to 4 AM nonstop sniffing flowers. The 'in the zone' glow makes a weird sound, so when I am unsuspecting I always think something bad is happening. She does this several times per week.
    0608171718_zpsckcmnarl.jpg
    0609171037_zpsvuaux56t.jpg
    This one is a little corny. My one sim is a vegetarian and he must have eaten meat. I didn't direct him to. So I got the 2 hour nauseated moodlet. When the time expired, he jumped out of his chair, changed his clothes, and then vomited in the toilet. I like how he felt the need to change before vomiting in the toilet.

I remember when I got the update that introduced vomiting. I started up the game and within a few minutes, I had one sim vomit and I am pretty sure I said 'what the heck was that'?
    This one is a little corny. My one sim is a vegetarian and he must have eaten meat. I didn't direct him to. So I got the 2 hour nauseated moodlet. When the time expired, he jumped out of his chair, changed his clothes, and then vomited in the toilet. I like how he felt the need to change before vomiting in the toilet.

I remember when I got the update that introduced vomiting. I started up the game and within a few minutes, I had one sim vomit and I am pretty sure I said 'what the heck was that'?

Update: He did it again. He just can't seem to learn his lesson about eating meat.
    edited June 2017
    I find the whole date system strange on the sims 3. I seem to be asked out on a date once a day across my 8 sims. They always seem to go to strange venues when they do. This one time stuck out to me when I noticed that my sim and her date went to the junkyard. Is that really the kind of place you would go for a date? Doesn't seem like a very good date venue to me. I can understand people doing something they really enjoy like motor bike riding, but the junkyard is over the top. The garbage dumpster adds a lot to the romance ambiance, doesn't it?

Btw, i am making fun of the game, not criticizing it. I know when reading, it is hard to detect tone.
    Screenshot-969_zpshetdmapd.jpg

Post edited by Anthonydyer on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I find the whole date system strange on the sims 3. I seem to be asked out on a date once a day across my 8 sims. They always seem to go to strange venues when they do. This one time stuck out to me when I noticed that my sim and her date went to the junkyard. Is that really the kind of place you would go for a date? Doesn't seem like a very good date venue to me. I can understand people doing something they really enjoy like motor bike riding, but the junkyard is over the top. The garbage dumpster adds a lot to the romance ambiance, doesn't it?
    What if they were both Inventors in need of scrap? Besides, you are totally ignoring the fact that there is a dumpster for each of them. Sounds like a perfect date in the making to me. What kind of music goes best with synchronized dumpster diving? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited June 2017
    @igazor Sounds like a romantic evening to me... Synchronized Dumpster diving. :D lol electronica music? I've had a certain electronica song from TS3 stuck in my head for a few hours now. My sims autonomously play the radio 24/7 and they drive me nuts.
    edited June 2017
    I just couldn't resist bringing this up! Sims with the evil, inappropriate, and mean spirited (maybe) traits can go on the computer and troll on forums. Then you can go back later and see distressed sims post like in the image. Jesse Higgins has been spending a lot of time on the computer trolling. Some sims get upset and say they will quit the forum.

I recommend not trolling on The Sims forum. Lol ;)
    0604171646_zpsqg1rzqfj.jpg
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
    If you went to work and got this notice in real life, what would you do?

I think he was all set to vomit, but he was in a rabbithole and missed the vomiting. :p
    0605171517_HDR_zpsylhl6qk7.jpg
    One of my sims felt the need to eat spoiled food called "disgusting food" by the moodlet. I love how it is called disgusting food. Now back on topic: she got the lovely nauseated moodlet. Toward the end of the 2 hours. I directed this sim to stand by the toilet to throw up in. Instead of vomiting in the toilet less than 1 meter from her, she ran downstairs went to the elevator (high rise apartment) ran just outside the lobby door, did some kind of angry rage thing, and then the vomit interaction disappeared without actually vomiting.

If my sims are too dumb to avoid food with green fumes coming from it, then I give up. Let them eat disgusting food.
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I don't know if this counts as a "crazy" story but I encountered a sort of a glitch that caused one of my sims to go naked for the whole day. He didn't have the always naked trait or the insane trait but he just up and decided one day that he would be naked. I made a story of it but it didn't come out as a happy story. Check it out if you'd like :)

https://patchoulisims.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/what-is-wrong-with-bradan/
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    @Anthonydyer I guess ringing the doorbell at such an early time counts as "doorbell prank" even though it wasn't a prank at all. In real life who would visit at 5AM unless maybe you're going hiking or something.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
    @Anthonydyer I guess ringing the doorbell at such an early time counts as "doorbell prank" even though it wasn't a prank at all. In real life who would visit at 5AM unless maybe you're going hiking or something.

@PatchouliNitt I would run in to trouble with the game's time restrictions. For example, I had a sim work at night and sleep during the day because she was a criminal (and good at it too). She could not call, visit, etc these people because of this. If you ask me it depends on your situation. Some sims can be pretty angry if you call them at night.

What's weird is I haven't had that doorbell thing happen to me again despite me trying to recreate the event. Perhaps it was a teen thing or came from an earlier update? The police took my sims home without arrest, so that probably is the teen thing.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Teens can prank houses by ringing the doorbell and running off. I found that out when my mean-spirited, insane teen wish to throw eggs at a house while she was having a mood swing. That was the first time I ever looked at the menu for pranking a house.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I don't know if this counts as a "crazy" story but I encountered a sort of a glitch that caused one of my sims to go naked for the whole day. He didn't have the always naked trait or the insane trait but he just up and decided one day that he would be naked. I made a story of it but it didn't come out as a happy story. Check it out if you'd like :)

:D I have this glitch too, sometimes. My recent sim sometimes stays naked after a shower. I've directed her to get the mail and she walks outside naked! :#
    Odonata68 wrote: »

:D I have this glitch too, sometimes. My recent sim sometimes stays naked after a shower. I've directed her to get the mail and she walks outside naked! :#

@PatchouliNitt @Odonata68 I have not had that glitch occur, but I must have unknowingly set my sim to wear underwear only for his sleepwear outfit because now I see him walking around the outside of his high rise in his underwear. He loves to play tag, so he does it a lot.

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It was late in the winter of 1620 in Deery Meadows,Maine once when my sims failed to notice the leftovers starting to go bad before eating them.I just let them eat the food anyways as they're both slobs and would never get sick from eating bad food.
    Eli got some leftover goopy carbonara out and failed to notice that it had begun to go bad when she started eating it.
    21538878701_79fcef6fa9.jpg
    She ended up playing a social game on the iPad while Ami ate some of the carbonara though it was spoiled.
    21519025052_199729683a.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    The name of this story is bathroom breakthrough! I have 8 sims living in one house. I noticed the area I made for the bathroom had a funky shape, so I thought back to those changing rooms in the sim-gyms where they use an arch to separate showers from the rest of the bathroom. I put in a wall and an arch so this is my way of getting around the 1 sim in a bathroom at a time rule while keeping the bathroom open concept.

When you have 8 sims in a house, there has to be a little bit of sharing. And that is the theme of my bathroom. I put in urinals because male sims can use the bathroom simultaneously. I have had too many incidents where sims try to shoo eachother away from the bathroom and then they both pee their pants. They seem to rather pee their pants than use the bathroom in front of someone.

This does deviate a little from the normal, but it does work. My brother made a crazy house where he put in toilet stalls and put the tub behind a room with huge picture windows.

Screenshot-997_zpsoonsdqnw.jpg
    Screenshot-998_zpsdunjs6l7.jpg

@PatchouliNitt That sim is nuts. I know there was originally going to be a nude trait but that got taken out. I wouldn't recommend having a game full of naked sims, but maybe they could have directed sims to walk around in their underwear or for females a bra and underwear.

I went on a tangent. I couldn't imagine the game purposely triggering this on your sim. Must be a glitch.