Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy Stories

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm having an eventful day! I just had a burglar come to my house. The spooky music played and my brave sim, Vicky Palmer jumped out of bed and she casually walked downstairs. I directed her to fight, but she was being disobedient. The policeman showed up and he fought with the burglar and he lost. I decided I would not let him away that easy. The policeman tried to talk to vicky, but I directed her to fight. She ran outside (as the burglar tried to run away) caught him, and kicked his butt! The burglar got handcuffed and sent to jail! This is a win for vigilante justice.

Update: The policeman gave me $500 for stopping the burglar. Nice!
    Screenshot-915_zpstkeh0ups.jpg
  • Marshal_BananaMarshal_Banana Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Anthonydyer said:
    > @Marshal_Banana I love your story. I've heard bad things about the mascot, but sounds like for you maybe not so much. I've had a similar situation with attraction. This applies to all sims in my current house, but there is one in particular who has the charismatic trait and has like 40+ friends. He will be asked on a date and while he is on the date, he will be asked on another date by someone else. I have been noticing this more and more up to the point where I have declined some people. I should point out that some of these people are married. Yikes.
    >
    > I've had an experience with meteors too. My sims were minding their own business and then all of a sudden all my neighbors ran just outside of the kill zone. I ended up leaving two of my favorite sims in the kill zone because I didn't know what was going on and they were under a roof, so I did not see the shadow. What is scary is I hear that sims that are not in your active house cannot be moved if they are in the kill zone. I don't know if that is true or not. I guess as a last resort I could use moveobjects and move them away. Common sense tells me not to stand in a shadow if there is a meteor coming. Next time I will be prepared! See May 13 for further details on the meteor incident.

Thanks! The only problem she has is that she's flirty so I'm worried that she'll cheat on my sim, but I'm crossing my fingers that everything will be okay. Oh wow, that's crazy XD I've had several sims ask my sim on a date too, back when my sim was in university, someone I didn't recognize asked him out on a date right before class lol.

Yikes, that sounds rough :'( I wonder if adding them to a group will possibly move them?

> @Anthonydyer said:
    > @Marshal_Banana Also, funny you mention about scientist. My sim just was promoted to mad scientist. I love it and the look of the sim. Now I can perform experiments on random objects. One time I wanted to pull a prank on my brother who had one of his sims working as a mad scientist and had his sim do experiments on almost every object in his house. Those objects were making noises and giving aversive effects to anyone who interacts with those objects. His house was going haywire. When he saw that he thought it was funny.
    >
    > I was having fun and performing some experiments.
    That's hilarious! I have yet to get mad scientist, but I can't wait for it, it sounds like a lot of fun! So far I'm just leveling my sim in the Science skill till he maxes it out(he's currently at level 7 I think?), after that I'll probably level up his Gardening skill since he got lucky a while ago and got a Forbidden Fruit seed during a experiment.
    (sorry if my replies are in the qoutes or something weird like that, I'm still not used to the qoute system of this forum XD)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Anthonydyer Never, ever move sims with the move objects cheat. It will corrupt your game big time. If you want to get inactive sims out of the kill zone, use the reset sim cheat. If you need to, pause the game while you reset them one by one. Or you could reset everyone in the entire town by entering resetsim * into the cheat box.

If you have NRaas Master Controller mod, probably with the cheats module besides, you can reset everyone on the lot at once, which will send them all home. Of course, if the meteor is going to hit your sims' home, you'll still have to send them all running elsewhere, but you should have time to get them all out if you do it as soon as you get the message about it getting dark.
    @IreneSwift Thank you for the resetsim advice. I changed my previous post to reflect that.
    This one is a sims 2 special. I have had a little sims 3 obsession, but I decided to give sims 2 a try. They both are addicting. I moved myself and a friend into an apartment along with a roommate and here is my finding.

Brenda Ku and Craig Ray from Belladonna Cove somehow developed an intense hatred of eachother and they have been fighting. One day me and my friend left for work and the two of them spent the entire time I was gone slapping eachother in the face along with an occasional fight in the front yard of the apartment building. I have got a lot of work cut out for me.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I have a pretty weird story that happened to me a few years back. When TS3 first officially ended, I decided to finally add in the nrass story progression and master controller mods. I was playing a legacy challenge in Sunset Valley and would periodically check in to see how the other sims in town where doing. One day I sent my sims teens to school as usual and it said they had met two new teens I hadn't heard of before. I checked their relationship panel and it claimed they were the children of Gobias Koffi. It started to get weird when I realized both of these teens pictures were just silhouettes so I couldn't see what they looked like in the relationship panel or the lot photo when you go in to edit town. What was even weirder was the fact that, as far as I knew, Gobias hadn't previously had a wife or children before. It fact, the last I had heard from him was that his dog had just given birth to puppies...

I got curious and switched over to his house to see what was going on. The two glitched teens, Gobias, and the dog were there but no sign of the puppies or a mom so I checked the family tree. Turns out they had Gobias listed as the father and the dog as the mother! The game had somehow turned the puppies in to Gobias' kids. I was able to fix the teens so they weren't glitched anymore and, with the help of the mods, fixed the family tree so the dog was no longer their mother. I uninstalled both mods not to long after and haven't used mods since.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    @fruitsbasket101 Wow. That is pretty crazy! That most likely is a result of the mod. I'm pretty sure that Gobias's biography hints that he doesn't get along with woman or something like that. I haven't gotten too much into him, but he is a neighbor to my current house. I wonder how the dog got involved like that.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @Anthonydyer Lol yeah I kinda got that from his biography as well. I have no idea how the dog got involved or how the two puppies turned in to teens. It was pretty weird and I actually found one other family where this had happened in that same save.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    @fruitsbasket101 - I can assure you that yours was not a typical experience of NRaas mod users. Game corruption can and does happen to players with or without mods. Usually NRaas Overwatch and ErrorTrap, for those who use them, step in to prevent and fix that sort of glitching before the player might even notice. Or at the very least, provide some early warnings that something is going wrong.

(sits down and uses foot to scratch behind his ears...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Apparently food only rots when you are actively in a house. I sold my house and moved into a new house. In the process of moving, one of my sims left behind a cooking in process and they moved into the new house. I did not notice the left behind food or it may have bothered me.

So then I repurchased that home as an additional property 4-6 sim weeks later and upon returning to the house I noticed the food left on the counter. It was as good as new. I instructed my sim to cook the food, which turned out to be waffles, and he cooked them and ate them. They were as good as new.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @fruitsbasket101 -That sounds like what happened to one of my early saves after Malcolm Landgraab was taken away by the social worker and my toddler had the family dog in his family tree as his mum and the family cat was listing as his dad.Other sims had vehicles or household objects in family trees and I lost it because it got corrupted.It sounds like yours might've gotten corrupted that way without you knowing it.I lost three saves from social workers removing children and one was taken from my family.I'd got with using almost the entire Nraas Mod collection as I am using 109 NRaas Mod files and haven't had saves corrupt like that for a long time and I would also get a no social workers Mod to remove them as they can delete sims from your save outside of your control and that corrupts saves.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @fruitsbasket101 It was not the NRaas mods that did that. Other people who weren't using mods reported similar experiences in the past. I have been using NRaas mods for three years now, and they have saved my games many times, when the game's inherent glitchiness would have ruined them. But the only problems I've had with the mods themselves were temporary, known issues that were fixed long ago.
    For some reason I can't seem to learn my lesson about letting the game run while not paying attention. This time I was letting the game run while I sat in front of the computer playing with my cell phone. I had 3 sims swimming at the time and I directed them to go for a swim. I had the game running at normal speed and everything was good. The camera was showing my second floor hallway where I had music playing. A minute or so later I can see out of the corner of my eye, the camera quickly pans over to the pool and one of my sims have drowned. It was that phase where the sim is dead, but that grim reaper thing hasn't happened yet. It is my favorite sim that was killed in the meteor incident a few weeks ago.

I am pretty sure in the past I would have sims in the pool and they would never drown. So no warning? He didn't attempt to get out of the pool or ask for help from the two sims swimming next to him? I shake my head and quit without saving.

I even had my speakers on loud so I can hear disaster music so I can intervene quickly. I guess that is not good enough. Take it from me folks, watch your game like a hawk!
  • CanthelpbutusecheatsCanthelpbutusecheats Posts: 6 New Member
    I got 2 sims who were divorced because of a mid life crisis. Out of curiosity I tried to get them to woohoo to see what would happen. They couldnt do it on the bed but for some reason these 2, with a full red bar,somehow Could woohoo in the shower. I thought it was bc They were married? so I got into a New save and tried it with sinbad and goodwin. For some reason They Could also woohoo in the shower. Im so confused
  • CanthelpbutusecheatsCanthelpbutusecheats Posts: 6 New Member
    I got 2 sims who were divorced because of a mid life crisis. Out of curiosity I tried to get them to woohoo to see what would happen. They couldnt do it on the bed but for some reason these 2, with a full red bar,somehow Could woohoo in the shower. I thought it was bc They were married? so I got into a New save and tried it with sinbad and goodwin. For some reason They Could also woohoo in the shower. Im so confused
  • AlienStarsAlienStars Posts: 62 Member
    This one is actually sort of sad and funny at the same time lol.
    So I was playing this one explorer family, two parents and a toddler child. The parents were in the backyard, practicing Martial Arts, while the toddler was in the kitchen/dining room/living room area, playing with her Xylophone.
    The dishwasher had broken, so a mechanic came and fixed it, because I wasn't about to let the parents possibly die trying to fix it.
    So I'm watching the kid and the mechanic, and suddenly the mechanic died. In front of the toddler. Who just kept playing music and laughing. Grim Reaper came, took him away.
    As soon as he was gone from the camera, I get a pop-up.
    From the mechanic. Saying he's done, and taking 50 bucks from me.
    Really? You gonna bribe the reaper or something? Sheesh.
  • AlienStarsAlienStars Posts: 62 Member
    > @Canthelpbutusecheats said:
    > I got 2 sims who were divorced because of a mid life crisis. Out of curiosity I tried to get them to woohoo to see what would happen. They couldnt do it on the bed but for some reason these 2, with a full red bar,somehow Could woohoo in the shower. I thought it was bc They were married? so I got into a New save and tried it with sinbad and goodwin. For some reason They Could also woohoo in the shower. Im so confused

All sims can do this, I'm pretty sure it was in a patch on the...Generations? Generations pack? I'm not sure, but its part of the game lol. I thought it was funny too when I first saw it.
    edited June 2017
    This one is a treat! It has two parts.

My sim was cooking waffles in the morning. He put waffles in the oven and of course he receives a phone call. He ignores the oven and answers the phone. I am trying to get him to go back to the cooking but it is too late. A fire starts in the oven and causes a disruption. I was pretty annoyed with that sim.

Here is the fun part. The firefighter shows up (Valentin Frye), who my household is friends with. Someone must have done the hot tub towel prank on him because he showed up in a towel. He is still wearing the helmet and boots. Ladies, if you want your firefighter to look like this, take away his clothes while in the hot tub.
    Screenshot-936_zpsffa2fwec.jpg
    Screenshot-937_zpsx5nltzfs.jpg
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    AlienStars wrote: »
    This one is actually sort of sad and funny at the same time lol.
    So I was playing this one explorer family, two parents and a toddler child. The parents were in the backyard, practicing Martial Arts, while the toddler was in the kitchen/dining room/living room area, playing with her Xylophone.
    The dishwasher had broken, so a mechanic came and fixed it, because I wasn't about to let the parents possibly die trying to fix it.
    So I'm watching the kid and the mechanic, and suddenly the mechanic died. In front of the toddler. Who just kept playing music and laughing. Grim Reaper came, took him away.
    As soon as he was gone from the camera, I get a pop-up.
    From the mechanic. Saying he's done, and taking 50 bucks from me.
    Really? You gonna bribe the reaper or something? Sheesh.

Lolz. I guess the repairman needed to pay the ferryman...
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm currently building a haunted house, so I created 6 Sims to kill in various ways. The first one, drowning, worked perfectly. But then I tried to kill a teenager by fire, and it was harder than I expected...
    I used the trick of leaving food on the oven for this one. Or rather, this three. I have to put spoilers because it's so many pictures.

Attempt 1/3: Three tables around the oven.
    Result: She just resumes cooking and then walks outside of the table "trap" with a perfect plate of food.
    R7uUnMK.jpg
    9FjwR2v.jpg

Attempt 2/3: Walls instead of tables. She sits on a chair. Technically no way to continue cooking.
    Result: She just gets up from the chair and walks between the burning oven and the walls. Then extinguishes the fire.
    TCMJcUQ.jpg

Attempt 3/3a: I technically made the stove a room, so there is no escape. She gets a park bench to take a nap on while she is burning. As you can see, I'm annoyed of her survival skills by now.
    Result: She can't get up to die (routing error?), so she just decides to survive again. While the rest is burning down until the fire even vanishes on its own. Her butt being on fire counts as a fire having broken out, so I can't use build/buy mode.
    92yH85T.jpg
    YEJStjz.jpg

Attempt 3/3b: I use the "AlwaysAllowBuildBuy true" cheat (that I had to search on my phone for this) to even let anything happen in the game. There weren't any cheats used previously, except for the money used to create the house.
    I delete the walls around her and cancel the action of sitting on the bench. No response still, so I do a bit of "testingcheatsenabled true" and object-delete the bench. She doesn't even care. And yes, her butt is still on fire.
    KqcP3k9.jpg
    I use "resetsim" and she appears near the front door, then finally dies. The rest of the household (minus the guy who drowned) gathers around her burnt remains.
    W1Yay7i.jpg
    9epjjNt.jpg
    And here, she is probably saying "But Death! I have defied you so often! I don't wanna die now!"
    vHQPw12.jpg

The interesting thing is that the game gave her the name Lynette Nopens. So I like to think that she always said "Nope death, not today!" when each of my attempts failed.
    Lynette is also a rather major part of the story I planned for the living family that's gonna live there after they all died. So I enjoyed having to kill her the hard way, that makes her much more special to me. As an opposite example, the drowning Sim just shaked hands with the Grim Reaper and happily went away, while Lynette was clinging on to life so much I had to use godly powers to get rid of her.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I'm currently building a haunted house, so I created 6 Sims to kill in various ways. The first one, drowning, worked perfectly. But then I tried to kill a teenager by fire, and it was harder than I expected...
    I used the trick of leaving food on the oven for this one. Or rather, this three. I have to put spoilers because it's so many pictures.

Result: She just resumes cooking and then walks outside of the table "trap" with a perfect plate of food.
    R7uUnMK.jpg
    9FjwR2v.jpg

Attempt 2/3: Walls instead of tables. She sits on a chair. Technically no way to continue cooking.
    Result: She just gets up from the chair and walks between the burning oven and the walls. Then extinguishes the fire.
    TCMJcUQ.jpg

Attempt 3/3a: I technically made the stove a room, so there is no escape. She gets a park bench to take a nap on while she is burning. As you can see, I'm annoyed of her survival skills by now.
    Result: She can't get up to die (routing error?), so she just decides to survive again. While the rest is burning down until the fire even vanishes on its own. Her butt being on fire counts as a fire having broken out, so I can't use build/buy mode.
    92yH85T.jpg
    YEJStjz.jpg

Attempt 3/3b: I use the "AlwaysAllowBuildBuy true" cheat (that I had to search on my phone for this) to even let anything happen in the game. There weren't any cheats used previously, except for the money used to create the house.
    I delete the walls around her and cancel the action of sitting on the bench. No response still, so I do a bit of "testingcheatsenabled true" and object-delete the bench. She doesn't even care. And yes, her butt is still on fire.
    KqcP3k9.jpg
    I use "resetsim" and she appears near the front door, then finally dies. The rest of the household (minus the guy who drowned) gathers around her burnt remains.
    W1Yay7i.jpg
    9epjjNt.jpg
    And here, she is probably saying "But Death! I have defied you so often! I don't wanna die now!"
    vHQPw12.jpg

The interesting thing is that the game gave her the name Lynette Nopens. So I like to think that she always said "Nope death, not today!" when each of my attempts failed.
    Lynette is also a rather major part of the story I planned for the living family that's gonna live there after they all died. So I enjoyed having to kill her the hard way, that makes her much more special to me. As an opposite example, the drowning Sim just shaked hands with the Grim Reaper and happily went away, while Lynette was clinging on to life so much I had to use godly powers to get rid of her.

Well, that was one heck of a ride from start to finish XD and that name! Nopens! Sometimes I truly wonder if the game likes to mess with us on purpose.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2017

R7uUnMK.jpg
    9FjwR2v.jpg

TCMJcUQ.jpg

92yH85T.jpg
    YEJStjz.jpg

KqcP3k9.jpg
    W1Yay7i.jpg
    9epjjNt.jpg
    vHQPw12.jpg

Well, that was one heck of a ride from start to finish XD and that name! Nopens! Sometimes I truly wonder if the game likes to mess with us on purpose.
    @TinySpaceFox
    There are hilarious examples in the German last names too. Like "Schwupp" (like the "poof" effect when something vanishes) and "Pfosten" (literally translated: pole; but also used as a word for someone who is dumb).
    But Nopens is the best one I've seen so far in the English(?) list :D

The Sim who drowned had the last name Grasnick. In German there is the saying "ins Gras beissen" (to bite into the grass) which means dying. So it was fitting perfectly for his purpose, which was to just die.
    edited June 2017
    @Pancakesandwich That is mean... yet funny. I ought to send you my sims. They start cooking, get distracted with some pointless thing such as a phone call, and then start a fire. Or when I had the fryer they obsessively fry their food, I cancel their interactions as an effort to get them to eat the countless amount of leftovers in the fridge, and then a fire starts because they left food in the fryer. They are guaranteed to start a fire in your sim home!

Maybe that is your haunted house right there. That girl is immortal! :)
    Thank you for your story and for the pictures. This is a great story.
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
    The name of this story is Downtown Dilemma. I have my sims living in Bridgeport now, so consequently they live in a high rise. There is no way to plant a garden in the apartment, so I improvised! I planted my garden right in the front of the building. They seem so out of place there! It is pretty funny. They make a pretty decent income though. Monetized skill + part time job = easy money.

Screenshot-952_zpstshpaijv.jpg
    Screenshot-954_zps0um0qgk4.jpg
    The name of this story is Bowl Bothering! I have seen this happen a few times. My sim will be cooking and then he glitches out and he walks around with the bowl on his arm, yet the game doesn't recognize as it there. This problem is not exclusive to my sim. I used the resetsim cheat to get it off. That is my simself featured in this picture.
    Screenshot-957_zps9nqnxgtf.jpg
    Screenshot-958_zpsmguelehm.jpg