Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What shall we call this place?

Are we going to stick with SimGuruGrahams Corner, or do we want to rename this area?
I think it's fantastic that we're all going to take place in making a Stuff Pack. What do you think about renaming this area to reflect that?
Any ideas? Suggestions?
7mQr8Yt.jpg

Comments

• keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    The StuffPack Brainstorm? SimGuruGrahams Corner is a bit confusing to find!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited April 2017
    I wish for nice looking sheep, angora rabbits, mohair goats, cotton to plant and harvest, and in addition, sims being able to create their own food and material when they slaughter and/or cut fur. A bit like sims 2 Free Time but better.

BTW I think the "place" has a good name.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Are we going to stick with SimGuruGrahams Corner, or do we want to rename this area?
    I think it's fantastic that we're all going to take place in making a Stuff Pack. What do you think about renaming this area to reflect that?
    Any ideas? Suggestions?

If we are, there should be an apostrophe in the title!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited April 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

If we are, there should be an apostrophe in the title!

You're absolutely right. "SimGuruGraham's Corner." Unless there's more than one SimGuruGraham, in which case it would be "SimGuruGrahams' Corner."

I apologize, @SimGuruGraham (or Grahams) for not asking you (or all of you) before I started this thread. This is your playground, after all, and you have the right to name it whatever you like. Or what the more than one of you agree upon.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited April 2017
    I like the name it has now. And it's not always a good idea to put apostrophes in forum names as some forum software gets in a mess with them.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Funny thread - I didn't name this section; so I'd be perfectly happy to call it something else ;) I imagine it will be renamed at some point down the line as we have more details on what pack we're creating.

It's also an opportunity to learn a little tidbit about why even little details sometimes have thought put behind them. In discussing internally what we would call this project publicly, a few different names were thrown around - names which could have also been used for this forum section. The one that came the closest to being used was calling this a Player Choice Stuff Pack. Ultimately though we decided to keep it ambiguous, and to not give this initiative an easily referenced title. Why? Well, we didn't want a name to get attached to it early that people would become familiar/comfortable with, and which might end up sticking as the final name. There will be a vote in the Fall to select this pack's actual name, which will reflect the winning theme, and we didn't want the pack to be branded before that.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Graham's Grotto

I love the sound of this one. It sounds so cute and magical :joy:
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Graham's Grotto

Alliteration FTW!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    And we could be Graham's Crackers!
    I like Graham's Grotto too.
    Graham's Happy Funtime Place?
    KanGuru Korner?
    Funny thread - I didn't name this section; so I'd be perfectly happy to call it something else ;) I imagine it will be renamed at some point down the line as we have more details on what pack we're creating.

It's also an opportunity to learn a little tidbit about why even little details sometimes have thought put behind them. In discussing internally what we would call this project publicly, a few different names were thrown around - names which could have also been used for this forum section. The one that came the closest to being used was calling this a Player Choice Stuff Pack. Ultimately though we decided to keep it ambiguous, and to not give this initiative an easily referenced title. Why? Well, we didn't want a name to get attached to it early that people would become familiar/comfortable with, and which might end up sticking as the final name. There will be a vote in the Fall to select this pack's actual name, which will reflect the winning theme, and we didn't want the pack to be branded before that.

We could just call it the Grahampack.

Either way, this whole project is... Graham-bitious!

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    SimGuruGraham's Mind Meld.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    KanGuru Korner?

graham's happy funtime place sounds so creepy haha
    kinda like your profile pic
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I like 'Graham's Corner' as it is.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Community Stuff Pack
    Dreams are Made Stuff Pack or Nightmares lol
    Simmers Development Corner
    Brainstorm
    Obviously, now that Eco Living won, we would be "Graham's Eco-Chamber."
    I'll see myself out.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    KanGuru Korner?

I legitimately snorted at Graham-bitious. :D
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Graham's Grotto

This seems even more fitting now that eco won. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    The Landromat. ;)
    900woh.png
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm putting my vote down for Graham's Grotto! :D
  • TrudyLiteTrudyLite Posts: 8 New Member
    Graham Grotto! So busy talking about that name (which is real fine) that I missed the fact that Eco Living won? I would have preferred something else: Different eras; different countries. But alright

This eco theme screams for fun and condensed ways to garden. ~(^^)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Leave it as it is and keep it on a professional level. I would hate people changing the titles of my own threads. Bad manners.

edited April 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Leave it as it is and keep it on a professional level. I would hate people changing the titles of my own threads. Bad manners.
    We can't change it. Only SimGuruGraham can do that. But we can offer suggestions.

Speaking of Himself, and I quote: "Hey everyone, and welcome to our corner of the forums! We don't have a true name for this section yet, because well... the stuff pack we're building together doesn't have a name yet. Don't worry, you'll be helping us choose a name later!"

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Lets just call it This Place
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif