Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really?

Those are our 5 decisions? Not crazy about any of them, they all got 4 and 5's from me, sorry. I'd like to explore more mid-century modern furniture.
I'd like a stuff pack that's just all objects, like clutter objects, we need way more of those. More books to throw around, magazines, hand held games, stuff like that.
Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You were not rating them - it was a poll from the Guru's to help them pick these an sp to work with with simmers working with them each step of the way. The most popular one will be the one we all get work with. Didn't you read the blogs and such? But you had to vote 1-2-3-4-5 from the one you liked best as 1 all the way to the one you liked least a number 5 - each one can only have one number and all need to be different numbers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'd rather them add game play than stuff. There's tons of creators out there that have made custom content for every taste. I'm a huge fan of clutter, but I don't rely on Maxis to give it to me. If you wait around for them to fill the niche items you specifically want, you may never be happy.

32961999765_60a42fc467_b.jpg
    32847681146_c26debfba7_b.jpg
    32763668631_3d58ebc936_b.jpg
    32005265944_0854406e0e_b.jpg
    32724525941_6f3bc20d93_b.jpg
    32676831612_f0c3339dd9_b.jpg
    31875175594_557fe00fb8_b.jpg
    33783076326_bdfe8424bc_b.jpg
    33603778396_8b5cefcc27_b.jpg
    33501056876_5e4a366e18_b.jpg
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

edited April 2017
    I don't use CC or mods while a game is in development - I am not a fan of hoop jumping. LOL. Given the choice to choose things we want I believe is a good thing to do - and something I support. If by the end of the Sims 4 run and I feel something is still missing - then and only then do I go finding CC I want.

Take Sims 2 I have 10 gigs of CC for that game - yet Sims 3 has no CC or mods - I was happy with all the packs and the entire store - nothing I wanted is missing. So I will see where Sims 4 goes. I prefer things that actually work and work right - I am not a big fan of statues of items that needs my imagination to make them work or work right so I prefer waiting. I don't care for pretending something functions or has a purpose. If it is in my sims house - it needs to have a purpose or use or I pretty much don't want to see it.

I was glad to get options and hopefully what I liked the best gets chosen - but even if it doesn't that's okay too. I am sure I will still most likely enjoy it.

I am weird in the fact that laundry room would make me nutty for that stuff not to really do anything.

The bunk bed with the mom sim floating - I'd go nuts over that. Feet do not hang naturally like that and that would bother me - never mind sims not properly climbing ladders and such to get in bed. I really do not want mix and match furniture and useless clutter - it is great if that is what you like - but not for me.

Never mind the hoop jumping or waiting for a patch because CC was borked by a patch or a mod does not have an update yet. Not my idea of fun to constantly have to remove things -or add things, just to remove them a week later. I like to play the game - not tinker with it 24 - 7. I fix things the way I want once back it up - and go on from there. I play many households and do not want to tinker with family 30 because I had not played them for two months while playing the other houses. But if you like that - that is fine for you - just not me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't use CC or mods while a game is in development - I am not a fan of hoop jumping. LOL. Given the choice to choose things we want I believe is a good thing to do - and something I support. If by the end of the Sims 4 run and I feel something is still missing - then and only then do I go finding CC I want.

Take Sims 2 I have 10 gigs of CC for that game - yet Sims 3 has no CC or mods - I was happy with all the packs and the entire store - nothing I wanted is missing. So I will see where Sims 4 goes. I prefer things that actually work and work right - I am not a big fan of statues of items thaat needs my imagination to make them work or work right so I prefer waiting.

I was glad to get options and hopefully what I liked the best gets chosen - but even if it doesn't that's okay too. I am sure I will still most likely enjoy it.

I am weird in the fact that laundry room would make me nutty for that stuff not to really do anything.

The bunk bed with the mom sim floating - I'd go nuts over that. Feet do not hang naturally like that and that would bother me - never mind sims not properly climbing ladders and such to get in bed. I really do not want mix and match furniture and useless clutter - it is great if that is what you like - but not for me.

Never mind the hoop jumping or waiting for a patch because CC was borked by a patch or a mod does not have an update yet. Not my idea of fun to constantly have remove things - add things just to remove them a week later. I like to play the game - not tinker with it 24 - 7. I fix things the way I want once back it up - and go on from there. I play many households and do not want to tinker with family 30 because I had not played them for two month while playing the other families. But if you like that - that is fine for you - just not me.

To each their own, but I grew too bored with the vanilla game. I've played Sims for 17 years and no iteration have I modded more than this one. TS3 contented me with the store, save for a few mods to make game play better. But 4 just needed... something. A lot of something. And hopefully, the laundry room will one day be functional. The point is, if you have a particular style or flavor that the Sims team is not addressing, your best bet is to find a modder you like and pick up a few pieces you will use often.

And as far as the hoop jumping... that is game scripts that break. I've never had a piece of furniture or decoration break my game, and I currently have over 7,000 pieces of CC, not including scripts.

edited April 2017
    I do believe you are doing what you need to enjoy your game - and that is all that matters. LOL. I am all for choices and even though I don't use the CC content in a developing game, I would most definitely always support your right to do so -
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You were not rating them - it was a poll from the Guru's to help them pick these an sp to work with with simmers working with them each step of the way. The most popular one will be the one we all get work with. Didn't you read the blogs and such? But you had to vote 1-2-3-4-5 from the one you liked best as 1 all the way to the one you liked least a number 5 - each one can only have one number and all need to be different numbers.

Um yeah, that's rating them....as to how much I wanted those ideas.
    I'd rather them add game play than stuff. There's tons of creators out there that have made custom content for every taste. I'm a huge fan of clutter, but I don't rely on Maxis to give it to me. If you wait around for them to fill the niche items you specifically want, you may never be happy.

Oh trust me, I do NOT wait around for the creators to give me the clutter I need....I also use CC. I love the ones you have posted here!

Oh and btw..where did you get that fab laundry room?
    edited April 2017
    GARYZGAL wrote: »

Oh and btw..where did you get that fab laundry room?

I build my all my own homes. I made my laundry room and saved it to my Library so I can throw it into my builds and then change it up for that particular build. I just love decorating so much and the game content just doesn't meet my needs at all. I need more options! Many of the cleaning items and the washer/dryer came from The Sims Resource. Don't get me wrong, I like Maxis game clutter too, but there's just not enough of it. I like my homes to look really lived in and used. I can't stand sterile houses.

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    for the OP, when I read the list my heart sank a little. I'm not sure if I'd buy any of those. OK, I've never bought many stuff packs ever since Sims2 so maybe I'm not the right audience. Give me Medieval Stuff, South Pacific Island Stuff, Outdoor Sports Stuff, Retrofuture Stuff. Not Dirty Laundry and Recycling Stuff.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Oh wait. Are you saying we were supposed to rank each option from 1-5 and NOT say pack #1 is rank 1 because I want it the most, pack 2 is rank 2 because I want it the second most? What is the truth
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Oh wait. Are you saying we were supposed to rank each option from 1-5 and NOT say pack #1 is rank 1 because I want it the most, pack 2 is rank 2 because I want it the second most? What is the truth
    It was clarified by @SimGuruGraham the intent was 1 - SP most interesting/wanted 2 - second most wanted etc with 5 being the least interesting/wanted.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It was clarified by @SimGuruGraham the intent was 1 - SP most interesting/wanted 2 - second most wanted etc with 5 being the least interesting/wanted.

Ok that's what I thought. Hearing people been struggling with the vote.