Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet irony

I was thinking earlier about the Arcade stuff pack idea mentioned in the recent survey that came out today.

Now my dream bedroom is to build a massive arcade complete with sculptures of classical antiquities, neon pop chinoiserie art, an erupted japanese garden feature on one side of the room complete with a small lotus pool. Plus human sized plushies scattered everywhere & more armour set displays.

I had wanted more arcade machines for so long...... but now I realized they're just gonna be features that again would rarely be used. I get bored watching my sim play games on the PC, console & arcade. The Gaming Rig is friggin rad but gets old after a while.

I'm pretty much playing a game of a virtual dude also playing a game.
If I have him playing sims on his PC it's literally Me playing a game of a virtual dude also playing a sims game. To infinity & beyond.
Plus I'm a recently graduated game dev in rl.

I actually don't know where I'm going with this. May I rest in peace.
tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I had the exact same thought. Initially, I ranked Arcade stuff as #2 on my list, but the more I've thought about it, the more I regret it. I recently was in a thread were the OP was looking for a community lot like Chuck E. Cheese, and while an arcade could lend itself to making a better lot, I'd rather see a pack that was more like a family fun center, with mini golf, bumper boats, play places, in addition to games. The idea of a pack devoted to arcade games bores me. I don't play computer games to watch my character play computer games.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Definitely!

I want more for my pixel personas than to just make them emulate already mundane things rl.
    A family fun center has much more pontential & wont be so restrictive in terms of play-ability.
    More outdoor activities with mates & families would be super appreciated.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif