Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding/Romance Content + Ideas

Comments

• Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    Wish they add where sims can throw their bouquet for someone to catch.

If the wedding pack wins I'm hoping for this :smile:

I wouldn't even care if the flowers magically appeared, they throw it and the flowers disappear after its been caught. I've never seen it in sims game and think it would be cool to have. :D
  • moonswanotakumoonswanotaku Posts: 1 New Member
    asking for the parents for your signaficant others hand before proposing
    wedding dress and ring shopping
    interupt wedding option
    objects to marriage option
  • suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2017
    @LeGardePourpre Thx for your suggestions :). As @SimGuruGraham stated himself there is not really a limit what becomes a part even of a stuff pack but sure it depends on the available resources, what is possible to realize within the time, budget & team size. He also stated that Patio Stuff Pack is the biggest one until now. ;) So in this state we are only collecting ideas. If Wedding/Romance wins we have enough things to discuss later during the design phase, then it is important to have enough ideas because if some ideas aren't possible or too time intense we still have enough ideas which can make it into a pack. That's how a development team works in all branches ;) l have myself some experience with such teams :DB) not with the sims though, but I wouldn't mind, lol
    Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
    Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
    Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
    Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
  • suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2017
    interupt wedding option

Hmm what do you mean by "objects to marriage option"? I'm pretty good and fluent in English I guess but yet never read this constellation :D heeelp ;)o:)
    Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
    Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
    Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
    Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    suelady wrote: »
    interupt wedding option

Hmm what do you mean by "objects to marriage option"? I'm pretty good and fluent in English I guess but yet never read this constellation :D heeelp ;)o:)

"speak now, or forever hold your .."
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Wish they add where sims can throw their bouquet for someone to catch.

If the wedding pack wins I'm hoping for this :smile:

I wouldn't even care if the flowers magically appeared, they throw it and the flowers disappear after its been caught. I've never seen it in sims game and think it would be cool to have. :D

I like the idea of throwing the bouquet! I think it would be nice if we could take it home and display it too.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2017
    suelady wrote: »
    interupt wedding option

Like 'Does anyone here see any reason why these two should not be married?'

'I OBJECT!!!'

So a way to oppose a marriage.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Let's combine packs!

Death by flower toss!
    Death by chocolate wedding cake!

Death at a wedding. There's an idea for a pack!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited April 2017
    Personally I'd love to see a Wedding Venue, one of the huge cakes that people hide in, I'm not sure what the name is but I usually call them Stripper Cakes xD and on that note maybe some special NPCs for the Bachelor(ette) parties? ;)

Honestly, I want a better Memories System implemented if we do get a Wedding SP, and maybe something special for Promise and Engagement Rings/Proposals? More rings would be nice too! As well as more varied Wedding Cakes (I'd love for some slightly customize-able ones - pick the color, trim, type of topper and even layers).

Also, would be cool to have scenarios where a Sim has two romances and decides to marry one but the other romanced Sim that gets left behind stands up during the wedding and speaks out during the 'forever hold your peace' part!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Personally I'd love to see a Wedding Venue, one of the huge cakes that people hide in, I'm not sure what the name is but I usually call them Stripper Cakes xD and on that note maybe some special NPCs for the Bachelor(ette) parties? ;)

Honestly, I want a better Memories System implemented if we do get a Wedding SP, and maybe something special for Promise and Engagement Rings/Proposals? More rings would be nice too! As well as more varied Wedding Cakes (I'd love for some slightly customize-able ones - pick the color, trim, type of topper and even layers).

Also, would be cool to have scenarios where a Sim has two romances and decides to marry one but the other romanced Sim that gets left behind stands up during the wedding and speaks out during the 'forever hold your peace' part!

I loved that cake! It was in the sims 1. Would love to see it back!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This pack would interest me if it had things like a separate wedding-outfit category, best "people", maybe an adorable Flower Toddler (I used to work in a tuxedo shop, and we saw every kind of adorable! And heard the "incident" stories the next week), and veils. But I'd be largely looking for what CAS and build/buy it has. I'd hope it would have veils that come in black as well and that I can use separately from weddings, corsage wristbands, and some good new hairstyles - maybe some elaborate updos.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Love the idea of stripper cakes for Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties. My sims might start actually getting married if we got that :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    One of the things mentioned in the survey was cultural diversity, and one thing I would like to see is different types of ceremonies (with the option to choose which one you want when either planning the wedding or clicking on the arch). I've got ideas for a couple different types:
    - One that's pretty much the same as what we have now except without the kiss at the end (for your ace couples or for couples who aren't big into pda)
    - One that involves the couple standing under a sort of veil/blanket and then there's a mirror under there that they look at each other in (I think this is what a Muslim wedding looks like?)
    Another thing I'd like to see is having a sim play music during the wedding ceremony (you could either hire someone to do it or choose someone you know).
    And obviously I'd love wedding veils (maybe with a new animation involving pulling the front part away from the face?) and honeymoons (which could be similar to ts2 where if you have Outdoor Retreat or any future packs with vacation destinations you can go there and play through it, otherwise they just disappear and become uncontrollable for a few days) and either way they'd get an extra moodlet from it.
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Yeah in TS3 we had ' i believe ' 2 female dancers for bachelor parties and 2 male dancers for bachelorette parties and they had the funniest names to go along with the theme. I remember some dancers with the name Candy Bar, Jack Hammer, Ray Gun, Suger Free and Lex Dance.

• Quania2007Quania2007 Posts: 14 New Member
    Golden Wedding Anniversaries like the sims 2 please!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Quania2007 wrote: »
    Golden Wedding Anniversaries like the sims 2 please!

Omg yes and they renew vows yaaaas I like it.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    We actually can already renew vows on the arch, but it would be nice if it connected to a social event like an anniversary party.
  • Cupcake79864Cupcake79864 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really like the idea of customizing the cake, being able to pick the ring, asking the parents to propose, slow dancing and honeymoon!!!
  • MeganW97MeganW97 Posts: 11 New Member
    I would love to be able to plan a beach wedding. If only there were beaches! :neutral:
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MeganW97 wrote: »
    I would love to be able to plan a beach wedding. If only there were beaches! :neutral:

It may come with Seasons
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    All kinds of wedding ceremony and celebrations. The ceremony could be in any of the following - registry office, church (they might have to call it something different for legal reasons), the beach, hotel, stately home, woodlands even for those nature loving sims, The reception again could be in a fancy hotel, a garden, the beach etc . There could also be elopements, perhaps even polygamous marriages or bigamy.

How about wedding cars or a horse and carriage? Oh and of course the new wedding clothes should be both traditional and non-traditional - how about some alternatives to the traditional white dress for those ladies who don't care for dresses?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • tamarakorrtamarakorr Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm not too excited by wedding stuff generally BUT I would just love it if they added a wedding planner active career to the game. Imagine it: two Sims come into your wedding planner's office. You have to talk them into doing something reasonable that they can afford. You might have to get them to compromise. You might have to deal with various freakouts throughout the process. You have to make sure the right sort of invitations are sent out to the right people, hire the right band, and choose the right venue and caterer. Then you attend the big event. You do some of the setup, make sure everything goes smoothly, keep the waiters from slacking off, distract the mouthy drunken uncle during the toast, and ensure the photographer is on task. It would be amazing!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I am all for the Wedding pack
    if it give us a slow dance back!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited April 2017
    Since it was describe with cultural weddings, I think it would be cool to have the option to get married without already being romantically involved already. That would give players who maybe are doing certain challenges, or even want to try a different playing style, the option to have a wedding without the sims being in love first. Once married, then comes the love.

A special cake for the Groom. It could also have small customization, like cake toppers, or simlish messages.

Instead of having to make extra wedding cake, there could be an option for mini cupcakes for each wedding guest - an option with the tables when having a wedding party - and it would match the main wedding cake. So all sims get cake.

Wedding gift bags that all the guests get to take home after the ceremony and party.

A customizable wedding menu: with a few new dishes - appetizers, salad, main dish, possible dessert (but since there's wedding cake, maybe not).

Rehearsal dinner - ties in with the new meals. You can set the menu for the wedding and it would save for the real wedding dinner.
    Post edited by GoldenBuffy on
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!