Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post pictures of washers and dryers you would love to see in the eco stuffpack clothes line included

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @SageRainWillow, those laundry rooms are fantastic! Are they available on the Gallery?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    @SageRainWillow, those laundry rooms are fantastic! Are they available on the Gallery?

Unfortunately no. My laundry rooms use SO much custom content I wouldn't even know where to begin tracking links to all of the items. If we get laundry though, I'm sure we'll have a bunch of cute, fully functional ones uploaded to the Gallery!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    I'd love a space saving one, as well as both modern and retro washers and dryers! I'd also like a clothes horse or a washline!

Definitely need a clothesline! It wouldn't be Eco without it :)

Also voting for a clothesline!
    I don't know if it's feasible with the animations, but I'd love it if kids could do their own laundry too.

• harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    edited April 2017
    gotta have some used ones for starter homes. 1388-ifb-washing-machine.JPG&h=350

latest?cb=20160515183412
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Thanks for the fun pictures... I'll leave some food for thought.

If I were to start thinking about how we'd go about adding laundry to the game, part of what comes to mind is how much animation time we have for a stuff pack, and how we can best use it to include the right mix of new features. Do I go all out on laundry and have top loaders, front loaders, and stacked machines for space saving? Or would I include one machine that can use the same animation, and offer it with both an entry level, and a luxury model? That would free up animation time to add other features like clothes lines, washing tubs, etc.

There's no wrong answer, but these are the types of questions we ask ourselves during development.

That all being said, I don't know how much specific animation time any of these things would take yet. We have a general sense in advance if we can accomplish a feature in a Stuff Pack's schedule, but I don't have any hard numbers in front of me. As votes come in and more details of this pack take shape, I'll be chatting in more detail about decisions like these that we're facing and getting input from all of you :)

If the machine save time to develop more stuff I would chose the machine. :)
    Because I love the ideia of a tech house, like this:
    *smart home wall tablets. They could give sims a wide array of features like, climate control (mood-let), house wide stereo systems, perhaps access to premium delivery services (groceries, food, clothes ect), and direct control over other appliances (fireplaces, TV's, showers, baths ect).
    jotajeje wrote: »
    Thanks for the fun pictures... I'll leave some food for thought.

If I were to start thinking about how we'd go about adding laundry to the game, part of what comes to mind is how much animation time we have for a stuff pack, and how we can best use it to include the right mix of new features. Do I go all out on laundry and have top loaders, front loaders, and stacked machines for space saving? Or would I include one machine that can use the same animation, and offer it with both an entry level, and a luxury model? That would free up animation time to add other features like clothes lines, washing tubs, etc.

There's no wrong answer, but these are the types of questions we ask ourselves during development.

That all being said, I don't know how much specific animation time any of these things would take yet. We have a general sense in advance if we can accomplish a feature in a Stuff Pack's schedule, but I don't have any hard numbers in front of me. As votes come in and more details of this pack take shape, I'll be chatting in more detail about decisions like these that we're facing and getting input from all of you :)

If the machine save time to develop more stuff I would chose the machine. :)
    Because I love the ideia of a tech house, like this:
    *smart home wall tablets. They could give sims a wide array of features like, climate control (mood-let), house wide stereo systems, perhaps access to premium delivery services (groceries, food, clothes ect), and direct control over other appliances (fireplaces, TV's, showers, baths ect).

See, I don't know how that fits very well into eco-friendly. What's eco about it?

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @jotajeje a sims house can be modern as well as being eco
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited April 2017
    @SageRainWillow
    Looking at the description, you see it could be included.
    "Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology..."

Edit: I think we also can't look literally to the title because it can change.
    jotajeje wrote: »
    @SageRainWillow
    Looking at the description, you see it could be included.
    "Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology..."

Ah, true. That just didn't pop out at me like the other items I guess.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    right now i think we can all agree that at the moment and the reason for the poll is because @SimGuruGraham and the other guru is asking for or input and or ideas:)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited April 2017
    @SageRainWillow I understand, I had not realized it at first too... Maybe because of the title. ;)
    @friendlysimmers for sure! :)
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    should have a choice in washers- a top loader and a front loader, that's the same with dryers too, a front loader dryer and a built-in dryer on the wall would be nice and some odd colours too not just silver or black, just saying! :blush:
    I definitely would like some bright colored options for the washers and dryers. Something fun and modern in addition to the old throwbacks.

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    dc5af35fad0374b180ec2b8a3009d996.jpg

Clearly the pinnacle of washing technology...

Actually I legitimately wouldn't mind having this in the game.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    This is what I was mentioning earlier, about a drying rack for small spaces:

It would be nice if toddlers (and pets?) could curl up and sleep in the laundry basket too, and also play in it.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

It would be nice if toddlers (and pets?) could curl up and sleep in the laundry basket too, and also play in it.

I'd like that. I'd like it even more if it was wall mounted - simply because I could see it being used in more ways. Many countries use it hanging over a bathtub (space saving in apartments, and countries that have washer/dryers in bathrooms) or even in a shower (not possible in our game). It is used hanging over counters in laundry rooms. It is used hanging in garages/carports/sheds for protection from the elements without causing humidity issues indoors, etc etc
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    In the Sims 3 the washing machines don't look normal to me, theres a lid at the top you put clothing in, I am guessing its what they have in the US. In the UK and around Europe I have only seen washing machines have circular lids at the front. I would like the option to have this so my Sims kitchen looks more realistic. (from what I am used to seeing)

2vtdrq0.jpg

Also I would like the option of washing lines as growing up in England I have never seen a 'dryer' as people mostly dry clothing in airing cupboards, washing lines and a washing rotary (which most people here use). So I would like to see this option as again that feels more realistic to me.

29nt3ea.jpg

It would be nice to have a Utility Room in the Sims 4. So it would be great to have other Utility related cleaning equipment (even if it's not usable)

zs3r6.jpg
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    @Cinderellimouse what would be fun with laundry in the game would be if the sims mom see her kids with messy clothes she gets a negative moodlet as well as her emotion being angry if she organizing a fancy dinner for her husband 's boss where she ask her own children to entertain her husband boss children if he has kids and he brough them with his wife if she see after spending all morning doing laundry and house cleaning as well as preparing the meal that her own kids mess up there clean clothes?

That's very specific.
  • RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Does anyone else ever step back and look at how weird this game is lmao
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Personally I'd prefer the front loading machines, as we in Europe don't tend to have the top-loading ones quite so much. Clotheslines, laundry baskets, yes - there's a load of really good ideas on the list of simmers that signed up to expressing and interest in this pack. Sewing machines and knitting would be amazing too, maybe even rug-making?

these are also easier, esp. if the game lets you stack them up, to save space.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »

I'd like that. I'd like it even more if it was wall mounted - simply because I could see it being used in more ways. Many countries use it hanging over a bathtub (space saving in apartments, and countries that have washer/dryers in bathrooms) or even in a shower (not possible in our game). It is used hanging over counters in laundry rooms. It is used hanging in garages/carports/sheds for protection from the elements without causing humidity issues indoors, etc etc

I'd be happy with that too.
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    Also I would like the option of washing lines as growing up in England I have never seen a 'dryer' as people mostly dry clothing in airing cupboards, washing lines and a washing rotary (which most people here use). So I would like to see this option as again that feels more realistic to me.

I couldn't live without my dryer. But my garden is England's equivalent of the Amazon rainforest so a washing line involves a two day trek and I need to take a guide for safety reasons. But yes, I do agree we need a line too.

I have one of the ones that have been in the news because they keep on setting on fire, that could be a feature of the cheap ones! :D Then they could be upgraded to be safe.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Cinderellimouse what would be fun with laundry in the game would be if the sims mom see her kids with messy clothes she gets a negative moodlet as well as her emotion being angry if she organizing a fancy dinner for her husband 's boss where she ask her own children to entertain her husband boss children if he has kids and he brough them with his wife if she see after spending all morning doing laundry and house cleaning as well as preparing the meal that her own kids mess up there clean clothes?

That's very specific.

It's a cute story line though! And relatable to anyone who has ever tried to keep their kids clean.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I guess the dryer could have a "remove lint" option, instead of "clean" to minimize risk of fires?
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    I guess the dryer could have a "remove lint" option, instead of "clean" to minimize risk of fires?

I like that. Dryers could introduce a new way of starting fires!

• Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    I think to keep it manageable for coding, it's looking (to me, anyway) like front-loaders would be the best option for the team - as a pp pointed out, having front-loaders would mean:
    - the ability to tweak existing animations for loading/repairing/upgrading dishwashers.
    - make them able to be placed under counters.

Additionally, the idea to tweak/re-use the waste animations for piles of laundry/collection/depositing would work well, I think, as well as possibly for composting.

This might free up more time for the dev. team to make clotheslines/knitting/sewing machines. (Can you tell I really want these?)

Solar panels might be tweakable from the dance-floors, (as currently some people use them as skylights) or just be a roof-style or a placeable roof structure, similar to a chimney/roof decoration?