Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dangerous SP? Really?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Orchid13 - They made that statement just recently about things changing and how we could not go by former or even how this game went. This was said maybe a month or two ago. It was after Vamps came out I believe. So yeah even the way we have been getting games is subject to change.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Kiwi_MonaKiwi_Mona Posts: 5 New Member
    When it comes to Dangerous SP I wouldn't mind seeing return of the burglar or other means for a sim to die accidentally or otherwise. But personally, I have absolutely no interest what so ever in the idea of funerals when it comes to the game and for me it would probably be a deal breaker and would not buy it. Perhaps if it had a disabling option for them? But that's just my opinion regarding if I'd play it or not.

But not going to lie, new accidental deaths ect would tempt me a lot however.
  • SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I think that this stuff pack will be a great addition to the game, because in my opinion I think that I will deffinly pay more attention to sims that die, because as of now my sims die and thats it. I think having the family around for a funeral will be so much better and also a graveyard to go and show your resepects.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Orchid13 - They made that statement just recently about things changing and how we could not go by former or even how this game went. This was said maybe a month or two ago. It was after Vamps came out I believe. So yeah even the way we have been getting games is subject to change.

Still, I'm expecting a SP not a GP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Heliel22Heliel22 Posts: 37 Member
    I voted for Dangerous SP the most because of the funeral experience
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Where do you vote for this?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I really can't say I found any of the 5 appealing but honestly the Dangerous SP sounded best of the choices that were available to me. The laundry thing always seemed pointless to me in every iteration it was a part of. It had no purpose except to clutter up the sims already too short day with one more chore that doesn't allow them to really enjoy their short little lives. So... on with the death and decay I say :D!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Still, I'm expecting a SP not a GP

Well so are we as that is what this is all about. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

In dreams - I LIVE!

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If it comes with some additional gameplay, I would LOVE some more happenstance in the game. Everything always seems to go pretty much according to plan. I loved alien abduction, but that has been cut to nearly non-existent, and now there's noise about vampire visits so I assume they'll be patched out of sight soon too. Fires actually don't occur very often, it would be fun to have some random mishaps befall the sims once in a while since in life you rarely know what's around the next corner. So "Danger" was my first choice.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I'd LOVE it if we could manage ghosts/tombs but that may be a bit much in terms of how the game is set up. But funerals and graveyard management jobs would be awesome.

Ideally, it would be content a little more involved than the usual stuff pack, but I would take what I can at this point. And hopefully we could get some fear emotions at some point with/before it, too. Brave/thrill seeker/Reckless or Weenie traits could be a thing that would go along well with the pack.

yes I want
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    Only thing i'd like more than a Dangerous SP is a Dearly Departed EP or GP. :blush:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    Only thing i'd like more than a Dangerous SP is a Dearly Departed EP or GP. :blush:

Lol not Get to Dying huh?
    Yes, I want a big death pack but omg so excited for this small pack idea.
    egTcBMc.png
    I want more things to do with grim he's so fun and funny
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »

Lol not Get to Dying huh?
    Yes, I want a big death pack but omg so excited for this small pack idea.

lol.... being that we didnt get a get to bowling, get to biting or get to crawling i think its time for some originality, theres enough re-hashing in this franchise lol. Dearly Departed has a ring to it and i could even imagine a really cool cover using monochrome colors and a cemetary and... i'm just gonna stop there. it doesnt matter though cause im thinking of the cover designs that they use for all previous SP's GP's & EP's and they all use too much bright color anyways with the logos and pack type labels. so my idea wouldnt look right. but i'd love the name though lol.

ok how bout this "Dearly Departed: we put the fun in FUNeral" lol that way it goes with all the happy colors they will add to the labels lol.
    maybe they could add hang gliding
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2017
    I am a sadistic Simmer who likes killing her Sims. >:) So yes, it would be a pack I would like that would be different from Stepford or Truman Show land. Sims are so fake happy all the time still, I want something to make them completely miserable because at least that would feel more real. Life is full of positive and negative things and honestly in order for something to be truly positive, it has to have some negative to balance it out. I guess kind of like the yin and yang concept in a way or the force and the dark side. That depth is the difference between light and dark. Without it, something is shallow which the Sims 4 really needs to widen their horizons in a ton of areas that aren't just safe or shallow concepts.

I was raised on the original Sims game which is a lot darker than even the dangerous SP idea. Plus the Goths have always been my favorite household in all the iterations and major reason why is how dark and multidimensional they are with the graveyard of family members.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Funerals, graveyards, goth and mourning clothing, new coffins and tombs, a funeral parlor, undertaker, gravedigger, playable Reaper.....DEATH....my GAHD, the possibilities!!

It really could be a game pack vs a stuff pack. The new map could be the graveyard and then like you suggested, a career where at the end you are a grim reaper...

I like this idea. Maybe an inclusion of special quests or tasks or items that can also only be found there as well (or involving the new career path?)?
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I read "Dangerous" and my first thought was Firefighter or Daredevil or Martial Arts.

Exactly but that's not what they're adding at all. They should've just called it The Afterlife.

We don't really know what we're adding yet @Chazzzy. While we've narrowed down 5 broad themes based on the community's feedback, we don't yet know what features will be included. That'll largely be driven by community feedback, which will influence our brainstorms, which will lead to designs for features which can be voted on. For this particular theme... death, danger, and adrenaline are all distinct directions such a pack could choose to explore.

I would love adrenaline activities.. for example: Hang glider, death globe, rafting, base jump, Street Luge, moto wheeling etc.. and the Sims can master these abilities or die trying ><. They can really have fun doing this, have some of their closest friends to worry about it or to be proud of them.. maybe then can do these activities for a audience, alone or with only a few friends. This would be amazing, And something totally different from everything we already have in the game!! :3
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I hope we can get a dangerous package in the future with these things, it will be incredible .. and I read that 2 more packages of those 5 that we voted on will be released as well. So I still have hopes. :)
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    This was my lowest rated as least interesting pack. :unamused: I like the idea of funerals and cemeteries, perhaps even wills for legacy play, but I don't think this SP was supposed to be about death but more about just killing off sims--no thank you. I don't like to see sims die even of natural causes.
    it was my number 1
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    Honestly I would like to see it in a future pack. I don't think its devoted to just killing off sims - I think it would be great for adding more challenges to the game and more realism. Personally don't think it would have gone well in a stuff pack, though, so I'm glad it didn't win.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I play my sims from birth to death. The main feature I would like from the dangerous SP would be a funeral event.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I play my sims from birth to death. The main feature I would like from the dangerous SP would be a funeral event.

Funerals aren't dangerous :unamused: The adjective implies life meets danger meets death--if that weren't the case, I think they should have picked a better name. @Cruelhumanbean - I'm pretty sure this SP was about killing off sims.

But I agree with you, @kokoro80, funerals would be nice.