Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dangerous SP? Really?

Comments

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Ideally, I'd LOVE it if we could manage ghosts/tombs but that may be a bit much in terms of how the game is set up. But funerals and graveyard management jobs would be awesome.

Ideally, it would be content a little more involved than the usual stuff pack, but I would take what I can at this point. And hopefully we could get some fear emotions at some point with/before it, too. Brave/thrill seeker/Reckless or Weenie traits could be a thing that would go along well with the pack.

I don't know if they would add a trait in a SP

They may not, but they could easily patch in some before the pack is released. Tbh we've been needing more traits anyway, and the Coward/Brave/Daredevil traits from Sims 3 were good, imo. Same with the Fear emotion that is pretty badly needed (esp after Vampires).

But yeah, I play multiple generation kind of family style, and while most of the time I like old age deaths for my classic sims, I do miss the
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Dangerous is my first choice. I would love funerals in the game! I like generational play and my sim die in that process. New deaths would be welcome too.

Definitely this - seeing we don't even have legit graveyards in the game - so that took my first place vote.

The dead should not be culled - it should be up to the player only when a dead sims goes to the Netherworld, or comes back or just stays a ghost in their new cemetery home... or where ever one chooses to plant them. We should not have to have sims that died missing because we were not there when they passed to wager the death with Grim - and treating a dead sim like an NPC is ludicrous - they should never - ever be culled. I need to rule and this is the Sims 4 YOU RULE GAME after all - right? Hmmmm still waiting to rule.....

I totally agree.
    It's especially heartbreaking to see distant relatives and close friends being culled like random NPCs. It should never happen. Our sims should have the possibility to honor their dead family and friends, and why not have the possibility to inherit their urn even though they weren't originally part of the active household when they were alive. It's just too sad we can't. I've disabled aging in my game so it can't happen as long as we can't ensure that ghosts aren't culled.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I just want the funeral experience. I can imagine clothing for grieving of course...
    The rest well if it comes out we get a hand in seeing where they are going with it step by step. Didn't Graham mention graveyards was on the to do list? I thought one of the Gurus did anyway...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Ideally, I'd LOVE it if we could manage ghosts/tombs but that may be a bit much in terms of how the game is set up. But funerals and graveyard management jobs would be awesome.

Ideally, it would be content a little more involved than the usual stuff pack, but I would take what I can at this point. And hopefully we could get some fear emotions at some point with/before it, too. Brave/thrill seeker/Reckless or Weenie traits could be a thing that would go along well with the pack.

I don't know if they would add a trait in a SP

They may not, but they could easily patch in some before the pack is released. Tbh we've been needing more traits anyway, and the Coward/Brave/Daredevil traits from Sims 3 were good, imo. Same with the Fear emotion that is pretty badly needed (esp after Vampires).

But yeah, I play multiple generation kind of family style, and while most of the time I like old age deaths for my classic sims, I do miss the

Well ts3 has waaaay more traits
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    They could make a trap door object we could put in front of the fridge.
    If Sims stand on it too long....poof...down the garbage chute.... :p
    It should be like in Sims 3, where you can go pick up the tomestone of a relatively that died that you weren't actively playing, and bring it over to your household/custom graveyard.

Also, regarding the culling thing, they could easily have some kind of "warding" feature that prevents souls being lost, but the player has to designate certain tombstones for it. Now Grandma Josephine can watch over you FOREVER.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    It's my 1st choice :)
    funerals, cemeteries, new death types and more options with grim reaper would be soo much fun
    Also, would be nice if you could...romance the Reaper. Make some Reaper babies and all that. Plz, Maxis. It's messed up I can date him but can't woohoo him. Let me properly seduce death!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's a pretty cool idea. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    It was my second choice because of the funerals.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I do play Sims till they die. A lot of my sims have died. I miss the funeral experience. I have downloaded a mod which provides a funeral, but I'd rather have an EA funeral.

I would love to see more potential for danger, consequences and death in this game. Except for vampires and death by sunlight, it is very very hard to die, outside of old age, in this game, compared to previous games. Lest you think I'm overly focused on death, the consequences could be also something like losing a chunk of money or getting demoted or fired (or in the positive direction as well).
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    number 3 choice.
    Could you imagine? Maybe there would be an underworld, where you can play your sim having babies with the Grimmie...
    #bestday #truelove #itcouldbeanabyssdarkerthanmysoul

toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    sophtastic wrote: »
    number 3 choice.
    Could you imagine? Maybe there would be an underworld, where you can play your sim having babies with the Grimmie...
    sophtastic wrote: »
    number 3 choice.

Doesn't that sound a bit complex for a SP?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is a $10 stuff pack. Which means one unique item, and stuff. Not ten million ways to die and a magnificent, datable reaper. Let's be realistic. We're talking a funeral, some caskets, headstones, and grieving attire. :/
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Also, would be nice if you could...romance the Reaper. Make some Reaper babies and all that. Plz, Maxis. It's messed up I can date him but can't woohoo him. Let me properly seduce death!

We could when the game came out but the Grim is not a regular sims and as always created conflict in the game play being used in that way - so they had to program him not to be used as an ordinary sim. He is actually an object - not a sim. We had the same issue with Mrs. Crumplebottom in other sims games and they always corrupted the game when we used cheats or mods to make them behave out of their programming. After all objects should not procreate - now should they?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is a $10 stuff pack. Which means one unique item, and stuff. Not ten million ways to die and a magnificent, datable reaper. Let's be realistic. We're talking a funeral, some caskets, headstones, and grieving attire. :/

Yeah you're right. I'd still buy it for the funeral though.
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Funerals and funeral attire would be nice to have. It would also be great if they could add/patch in a feature where you can set the likelihood of random deaths or something similar. I don't ever purposefully kill my sims so they only ever die of old age. However if there were random deaths I definitely wouldn't turn them down. I feel like it would add something to my game for when I feel like it's getting a bit of the same old.

If they were to add a new death, maybe we could see the return of the meteor death from TS3. I never actually saw that death and I played TS3 a LOT. But it was nice that it was there.. but it might be too much for a SP unless they have it as a replacement for the gameplay object.

I also think if they add a new death or funerals it would go down really well if they patched in a better mourning system. My sims won't be sad that their father died just because they were at work at the time.. and even if my sims are 'sad' some good decor usually lifts their mood considerably. So that would be fitting.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Actually it is what the Team wants it to be - doesn't matter what it has been but what they determine it should be. They have always said we shouldn't judge the Sims 4 by former sims games - remember their Vision for Sims 4 was not to be like it predecessors - but a new direction. They have also stated they like to see new directions as the game progresses too - so this seems to be one of those new directions - and we really cannot judge this on the past or will set ourselves up for failure or disappointment at most. It is new territory.

I think it is like a Sims adventure - and maybe we will enjoy the ride. Who knows. You can't decide if you don't step up and join the ride. You have nothing to lose you know. If you don't like the results - at least you got the ride. So what's the issue here? Truthfully none of us knows....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2017
    This pack is my number one. Grieving attire would be beautiful, especially if it includes streaked mascara, dark dresses, maybe even a mourning veil. You can call me macabre, but the idea of a funeral excites me. It's so important to give my beloved sims a proper send off to the afterlife.
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    I find the idea of funerals funny (#outofcontext) in the Sims 4. Ghosts will probably be attending their own funerals.

I put this pack as #1 mainly because I thought a stuff pack centering around death (pretty much) was really unique. (and seems pretty out of character for the sims, though I doubt it would be that morbid)
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I play all my sims until they die (except the siblings who aren't heir; they're kicked into the world where they die). :p I think I put Dangerous stuff right before the Wedding one? Those two were at the bottom for me.

Tbf, this is all what was brought up in the overview itself. It mentioned sim deaths and focusing on the grim reaper. I can't go and quote it cause I can't view the original summaries. But there was a lot of potential stuff mentioned there, and while it certainly sounds like it wouldn't fit the normal stuff pack quota, Maxis can make what they want of it. If it turns out too much for a stuff pack, they can always break it up through out other packs or expand upon it into a bigger pack (like a gamepack of some kind).

In my opinion, the concept of death in sims is something that's always been there but never been really focused about. ESPECIALLY funerals. And considering how this is such a social and emotion-based game, this would be a fantastic place to expand upon that and also look into other things that folks would be interested in.

Also, there is also room to expand upon ghosts too, even if just a little bit.

So yeah, the chances of them doing groundbreaking content in a stuff pack is next to nil, but at this point I'm just shooting out ideas at the hopes of maybe someone at Maxis reading it. Or something.

Funerals have never been done in Sims games before, and that'd be making some headway/leaning for hte Sims 4 entry to make it's claim on. There is a lot of fun ways you can handle funerals too. From somber, realistic funerals that brings families together, versus chaotic, embarrassing disaster funeral that ends up with Great Aunt Jane passing out on the floor. Not to mentions wills, inheritances, etc.

Idk, there is just a lot of untapped potential there and regardless of how it comes out, I think it'd be wise for Maxis to look into it. Even if they decide not to do a stuff pack, or they do and just come back to some of these concepts later (like maybe in a generation-esque pack), it would be ideal, imo.

But worse comes to worse, I can settle with some death-centered items and clothing and a funeral venue/social avenue. Could always use more dark decor to goth up the Goth house.
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    edited April 2017
    My number one vote!! if its a dangerous pack , please please can there be burglars?!! I think the title is wrong aha before I read the description made me think of natural disasters like a meteorite hitting my sim (again :'D) and burglars ahaha though guess it sounds better than just funeral pack aha I think it should called the ashes to ashes pack or deadmans party stuff pack if it wins :smiley: x really hoping the eco pack doesn't win I get bored of doing laundry in real life let alone in my game aha thank you sim gurus for allowing us to be apart of this!!

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I only play one family, legacy. So my sims die all the time.

My sims definitely don't need the arcade stuff though.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)