Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TUTORIAL: Create Gallery NOCC-Paintings with Legacy-Edition

Comments

• RheydnJadeNRheydnJadeN Posts: 17 Member
    Heya, @Raichisims The 2 adjacent lots are to keep the artwork being tagged CC. Until recently it's been working great, though with the ROM update something for me has gone amiss and mine are all being tagged again. But yea, if you just choose to replicate the CC on the homelot, it'll still be tagged as CC when you upload it onto the Gallery.
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    This is a great tutorial, but I do have a question. My sim, level 10 painter, always ends up painting pointillist paintings. How do I avoid that and get crisp clean paintings?
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • lilbeebuildslilbeebuilds Posts: 2 New Member
    could someone please upload a tutorial or pictures to further explain this ;-; i keep trying to do the two plots set up but its not working for me... i would love to upload my CC art without it being labled CC for the gallery )':
  • lilbeebuildslilbeebuilds Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rinkydinxx said:
    > Hey guys, i know i'm a bit late to the party but i recently spent ages trying to decipher this (i'm a visual learner) to make non cc art!! So, if it helps i have created a video tutorial for anyone who struggles in the future :)
    > Just search Rinkydinxx in youtube (im not allowed to post links yet and ive just created the one video so you wont struggle to find it)

i looked and cant find your video, please upload it! i need to see how this is done so i can do it myself, these instructions arent working for me!
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hello, thank you for the awesome tutorial! I think I'm starting to get the grasp of how to do this but what keeps confounding me is figuring out the canvas sizes that my CC needs to be so that they fit nicely in the painting frames when my sim is painting them from reference. Does anyone have the pixel sizes for the small, medium, and large canvases?

@rosemow you seem to pretty awesome at these things... any help you can provide?
    Post edited by icanhassims on
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Dont know what happened but now every custom art I make its now mark as CC I I place them in a room, but if I place them in a single wall they are ok

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I've been having the same problem as @D2Diamond with the paintings, and the same as @KojiK with photos. It keeps getting tagged as CC, even on a single wall. I have no CC on the lot I'm playing, so idk what's happening :(
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Hi, I think the problem was a i dont know which one, I removed all of my mods and tried again and that seemed to solve the issue that was marking the paintings/Photos as CC

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

edited August 2021
    UPDATE: There are now extra steps required to make no cc paintings that I do not have in this tutorial. Check out the link to the YouTube tutorial below by another user for more information! :)

Hello everyone, I've just completed a more in-depth tutorial on how to create no cc art. Please feel free to share my tutorial wherever you think it may be useful. I'm also taking special requests if it looks like too much.

Links for ease of copying:
    How to create no cc art: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/no-cc-art-tutorial.html
    Special requests: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/special-requests.html
    Post edited by icanhassims on
  • FireFancyFireFancy Posts: 11 New Member
    @icanhassims thank you so much for your tutorial, but I had a question! the latest update to the game says it flags custom paintings as "modded." does this mean ANY painting uploaded to the gallery is flagged as custom content? :( I was going to upload a renovation of the Goth family house where Bella has family paintings around the mansion.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    The tutorial is no longer working with the latest patch - which was the whole point of the patch, so I clearly doubt they'll change it back.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @FireFancy I'm afraid the latest patch has thwarted us. :( I just playtested to make sure and it is indeed trying to upload as CC. So far, at least, it would seem that previous paintings are still considered noCC.
  • FireFancyFireFancy Posts: 11 New Member
    @icanhassims @83bienchen I know this thread/tutorial is about making no cc custom paintings of cc artwork, but my question/problem is about just regular base game "paint from reference" paintings, and just having Bella Goth paint family paintings :(
    I wanted to decorate a base game renovation of the Goth Mansion with family paintings and family photos of the Goth family. No custom content, no trying to make paint from reference paintings of cc artwrok.

I can understand why they would flag "paint from reference" paintings of custom content artwork on another lot. But I don't know why they would flag ALL paint from reference paintings as cc all together!

If this is true and they keep it this way, then my whole plan is ruined. I'm very upset. I wanted to make a renovation of all the base game builds and have paint from reference paintings and family photos of the sim households that live in those homes, to mimic sims 2 and sims 3 as kind of "memories" to tell a backstory. I could test and see if photos from the cellphone/camera stay in the inventories of sims when uploaded to the gallery, but this recent update is very discouraging.
    edited April 2020
    @FireFancy do you use MC Command Center? I noticed that whenever I used that mod my paintings would upload as CC. Maybe it's doing the same for regular paintings too.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Folks, I just wanted to understand what the patch did. Does this mean that all "no cc" paintings made before the April 7 patch are still "no cc" and able to be used in builds w/out flagging as cc OR does this mean that all paint by reference painting are now CC and that ANY builds after April 7 using the "no cc" paint by reference pics will be considered to have cc.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    @lsnishi so far, all my previous no cc art seems to still be no cc. I have no idea if they're planning on trying to cull them in the future, but for now they're fine.
  • mysimsdreamhousemysimsdreamhouse Posts: 2 New Member
    I have found a way around it and made a tutorial on youtube. I just uploaded on the gallery paintings made yesterday and they are NOT flagged as cc https://youtu.be/n37Y6zVB5ok
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Just saw your response @icanhassims. Thanks for clearing that up!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    @mysimsdreamhouse wow! Great job figuring that out! It's a bit too much work for me but I'm so glad that you (and hopefully others) will be continuing the NoCC paintings!! <3
  • ketfouketfou Posts: 6 New Member
    > @mysimsdreamhouse said:
    > I have found a way around it and made a tutorial on youtube. I just uploaded on the gallery paintings made yesterday and they are NOT flagged as cc https://youtu.be/n37Y6zVB5ok

I saw your video, and you see I try and it does not work :(
    In her process she changes the game from 64bit to 32bit, and when I do the game refuses to leave !!
    Too bad, I liked creating canvas for people!

If anyone has another solution, I listen to you!
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    @icanhassims I love the tutorial, however, when I click on the painting, the option to "Set Filter..." Isn't there. I made sure to update the XML Injector and all other recommended mods, but it's not working. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do?
    TSR%20Banner.png
    Hi @D2Diamond, I stopped making no cc art when the extra step of having to go to the Legacy game became required to get it done, so unfortunately I can't help you. I hope you find the resources you need! :)
  • npc5579npc5579 Posts: 20 Member
    The last time I used XML Injector, it didn't work. It might be a problem with the game patch.
  • Nekohime49Nekohime49 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone.
    Here is my concern, to which I have not yet found an answer.
    I was "forced" to install the EA App, and therefore to uninstall Origin. So I no longer have the possibility to use SIMS 4 Legacy as before to do my NOCC paintings (as shown in this fabulous tutorial)
    Does anyone know the solution to be able to continue making non-CC content? I tried a lot of things, but nothing to do =(
    I'm really jaded that I can no longer continue to share my creations as before.
    Looking forward to reading from you, and hoping for a solution.
    Thanks in advance =)
  • bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    Well I downloaded the EA app and I had no problem with it at all and it didn't touch my mods either. The only thing I don't like about the app is every time you type to a friend you have to keep scrolling down to see what they typed.