Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I need from Sims 4 before EA moves on...Update

MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
1) More world choices. I feel stifled a bit with our choices, Still. I LOVED Strangerville, Del Sol too... but they're soooooo small not too many places to build. I would also love it if we got another big city with a different vibe from San Myshuno... My sims love the city life....

2) More careers!!Freelancer Careers where awesome to me because I love family play. I have a couple of legacies I'm playing so this works for me. Howeve, I'm still missing some rabbit hole careers...I still feel like Sims 2 was the golden standard for careers. Hopefully there will be more in the extremely near future an new FREE one with the next patch?

3) The biggie...Expansion Packs!! OKAY so they have been delivering with this, I TOTALLY didn't expect Get Famous so soon after Cats & Dogs. However, the expense kills me sometimes. I just hope that IF we get any kind of Education content it will be fully fleshed out. The Acting Career is a huge favorite of mine so far.

4) Okay on to my new complaint. Gameplay content for the ages. Scouting Career is great for the child/teen ages, but what about events like the private school challenge ( Sims 3 even had boarding schools), or more after school activities that build skill and character values? What about after school activities like band, cheering, debate, study groups for teens? Obviously I want University to be an expansion pack with the Frats, degrees that add to career pay and starting levels. Graduation and Scholarships too. And lastly my elderly sims have nothing!!! As far as gameplay goes I usually have them continue to work to have something to do. Wills would be a cool feature to add to the game too....

5) Something I feel that is missing too is own-able venues and additional residences. It would be cool if the Landgraabs actually owned the Landgraab Tower and were give rent. Our for the wealthy sim to buy a vacation home or have an apartment in the City

EA/Maxis just some suggestions....
Post edited by MINEZ on

Comments

• GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    MINEZ wrote: »
    1) More world choices. I feel stifled a bit with our choices. Right now we don't really have that many places to move sims. I REALLY love San Myshuno and Windenburg, but I want more. Yes Forgotten Hollow came out with the Vampires pack, but I don't have that pack (not really a fan of the vamps) and by not it seems like we'd have more variety.

2) More careers!! I love the new careers in City Living, but that was forever ago. My sim families have been through pretty much all of the careers we have. Even if there was no new expansion packs at least six or seven new jobs for my sims would be awesome.

3) The biggie...Expansion Packs!! I love there are stuff packs but the draw with these is that I'd rather have had at least one more expansion pack by now. Personally University with several new careers and degrees is something I would love to see. Secret Societies and Frats would be fun. Careers like Teaching, Law, and Acting. I don't know but it seems like I'm being teased with appetizers instead of a good meal with all the stuff packs.

EA/Maxis please give me something, a hint that buying Sims 4 was not in vain

Worlds aren't as important to me, although it doesn't hurt to have some variety. But new careers definitely. I also really enjoy completing aspirations, but I guess that's a story for some other thread :) Great ideas on the University pack. Acting comes close to a Superstar pack, which I'd also like to see in TS4.
  • FancyKitty795FancyKitty795 Posts: 64 Member
    I love your ideas! EA must add those to the game indeed!
    Part of the 82nd Sim-borne Division!
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    PETS EP;
    SEASONS EP;
    GENERATIONS EP;
    SHORTER SKIRTS FOR FEMALE SIMS.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Agree... We definitely need MORE worlds/neighborhoods to expand our sim's living environments and places to live. I would like to see a "Mountain Town" type neighborhood which would also tie in with a Seasons EP.

SEASONS EP

PETS EP

GENERATIONS EP

AND FIX ALL OF THE BROKEN GAME ELEMENTS!
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Bug fixing would be the best a thorough comb through is needed.
    I would like some more things to do with my kid sims and a way to home school so I can then do more with said kids.
    Also some vacation stuff that are
    mountain themed
    beach themed
    them park themed

Also I know this is unlikely but I would like to see dragons. I could be convinced t settle for pets though :)
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    -More hairstyles and clothing for toddlers
    -More vacation worlds, especially a beach world!
    -Teaching, law, and military careers
    -Cars
    -Pets, seasons, and university

Basically anything else would just be extra for me :)
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    More World choices, definitely.

I can't play San Myshuno, I actually dislike Windenberg, not too keen on Willow Creek, either.

Forgotten Hollow is lovely but way too dark and New Crest needs to be built from scratch.

I've thought about trying to make the shopping district residential, but it's more work again.

Thank goodness for Oasis Springs, how I love that place :)

Careers, we absolutely need more.

I've just been having a good old rant about the ones we have in another thread.

More variety, clear instructions on job requirements and no homework/daily task, whatever it is would be great. Ordinary, low end jobs, too. The player can get just as much fun out of the Slacker career, for instance, if the chance cards are varied and amusing.

Sims' interactions with each other.

These could be improved. I recently watched a hotheaded Sim get into a bit of an argument with an evil Sim. That should be interesting... well no. After the meanness they started chatting as if nothing had happened.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited April 2017
    I see that we'll be designing our own stuff pack...none of the content seems that exciting
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Vehicles
    Terrain Tools and customization
    Flexible Foundation Tool
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    More Vacation worlds (specially beach one with hotels we can manage) and seasons!
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    TubbieHead wrote: »
    More Vacation worlds (specially beach one with hotels we can manage) and seasons!

Hotels we can manage never crossed my mind. Love it!
    edited April 2017
    I do like the thought of ownership. And vacation spots B) takes me back to sims 2 days...
  • Emily04Emily04 Posts: 22 New Member
    More clothing options, vacation worlds - I like the idea of hotels! Pets, seasons and preteens. :)
    With the new family GP I'm excited to here more about that I wonder though of we're even going to get another EP...or worlds, or careers...
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Personally I wish they would move on to sims5.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I would love the ability to place different sized lots wherever you want, like in The Sims 2. I have a save file with all the remade sims from 1 and some from 2 and wanted to keep them all in Newcrest but ran out of lots. :(
    Definitely need more careers. I've started downloading some offline because I'm bored with the current selection.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
    I like the idea of more lot sizes. Then have a blank slate like Newcastle could be more fun. I think that for me I could tell a better sorry that involves the whole world. They've gotten away from the whole story part of The Sims
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The ability to place lots in the empty space in current worlds, snapshot folders per household not the current dumpster, agree on more careers, emphatically agree on fixing all the broken stuff, more floor and wall patterns, a proper sim memory system, what Sims2 has but this doesn't.
    Ooo memories!!!
    Also with this new family pack I wonder if we could get inheritance back? That would add another layer to legacy stories. Getting to chose who gets the family fourtune...
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    I would like Sims 2 style lot placement. The lot size is built into the lot package and they are placed together. Sims 3 made you jump through hoops to place the right sized lot, figure out what type it should be, then place your house or community place. With Sims 4, the lots are predetermined and you can put whatever you can fit on it. I loved Sims 2 where you just moved the lot WITH the building around until you found a nice place for it to fit.
    I forgot about that!! That would be a cool feature to have in building mode :)
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    More more careers and more more more personality traits! Part of what makes Sims 4 so fun is interecting with sims with different personalities.

Designers, actors, lawyers, firefighters, accountants (cook the books!), inventors, craftsmen, mechanics... so many options and it would tie in so nicely with a university addition... yes I say additional content not an EP so they can make those education to career ties. Only in the sims worlds can they become doctors and astronauts with only a high school diploma.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I still feel like the sims 4 has 3 and maybe 4 years left on it. So I wouldn't worry about there not being a enough time left. I feel like they're really going to milk the sims 4 for as long as they can.
    Ikr!! I'm JUST starting to like it. We still need more careers and worlds