Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kingdom of Dallùbach!

mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 2
Hallo!

It's official. I have been dragged so far back into The Sims 2 that I may never surface, and I have never been happier with my game :) I've been sharing my progress with friends elsewhere but have recently started documenting everything on LiveJournal and Tumblr and figured I would share here as well.

It's not a story, per se, it's more of a chronicle of the evolution of my little town and its weird little families.

I've been building my world for months and am loosely following the rules laid out in the Medieval Charter Challenge. It is a Medieval Game (in case you haven't guessed) which is a style of game that I've wanted to play for years, but was too intimidated to do so before. I'm so happy that I finally bit that bullet and I hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy playing it.
Iv0G4Nt.jpg

ETA: Sadly, I can't reverse the order of the posts on LJ, so the easiest way to get to the very start would be to go to the Archive button and find the first post, which was sometime in mid-March. Hope that helps!

Comments

• mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Thought I'd drop some of my favorite gameplay pics here while I'm at it. As far as in-game graphics go, I use Gunmod's Radiance, Almighty Hat's firelight tweak to Radiance and Pineapple's PostEffects Mod with my game and I think that combination does godly things and make it all look like Skyrim. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a pretty solid gaming comp and graphics card, though! We're pretty lucky to still have such amazing modders doing wonders for the game over a decade after its release :)

Pic Spam incoming!
    The Kingdom of Dallùbach
    yrALDVP.jpg

And some of its residents!
    U0LcX3H.jpg
    D6VTqV7.jpg
    ube1lwL.jpg
    mL4wotH.jpg
    Nd63ubN.jpg
    UIB9bdQ.jpg
    PtE8J5E.jpg
    pu0uezV.jpg
    mUuW1Gc.jpg
    SJHaTLA.jpg
    m1mxFo9.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    That looks pretty amazing. You have so much cc I hardly recognise it as being ts2, it almost looks like a totally different game.
    That looks pretty amazing. You have so much cc I hardly recognise it as being ts2, it almost looks like a totally different game.

Thanks @elanorbreton ! And, yep, need a good bit of CC to make a realistic medieval game, though my computer probably hates me for it :persevere:. We're all pretty lucky to have such talented creators who are making game-changing content for TS2 even now, though. Makes the whole thing even sweeter!
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I agree, it looks awesome, actually like a totally new game. Especially the Sims look very unique. :)

I am sure it is fun to play a medieval themed Sims, maybe I will also play like that one day. I guess with the huge amount of CC out there you can replace pretty much everything in the game so that it fits to medival times. ;)
    Nindl wrote: »
    I agree, it looks awesome, actually like a totally new game. Especially the Sims look very unique. :)

I am sure it is fun to play a medieval themed Sims, maybe I will also play like that one day. I guess with the huge amount of CC out there you can replace pretty much everything in the game so that it fits to medival times. ;)

Thanks @Nindl :smiley:

It is a lot of fun, especially if you've been waiting all of your simming life for Maxis to give us an actual official version of a traditional Sims game set in a historical period. With the mods and cc out there, the community has pretty much done it all themselves. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but I'm glad I stuck with it because I'm completely in love with my game and the Sims in it.

I'll try and post some more pics later, but it's hard at this point cause I have so many favorites, lol.
    You're welcome. @mortia

I browsed through Medieval Sims 2 CC today and there is soo much! I am glad the community provides us with so much great stuff for our game. :)

I can't wait to see more pics of your sims! ;)
  • CoreyTessCoreyTess Posts: 48 Member
    very cool characters.. love the detail!
    Catch Up with My Sims Stuff Here simfablife.blogspot.com
    tumblr_oa663idSUS1v00mydo1_500.gif

• Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Wow, so cool. :smile:
    It's great and very inspirational to see how you transformed your game in something so new, unique and medieval. :blush:
    It's a pleasure to look at your screenshots and nice to see what is possible in the Sims 2! :smiley:
    I have a question :smile:
    How did you handle the townies? I mean, did you delete them or replace them? (I don't really know what is possible there.)
    I mean the default Sims 2 townies would be pretty immersion breaking for a medieval or any historical neighborhood.
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    I have a question :smile:
    How did you handle the townies? I mean, did you delete them or replace them? (I don't really know what is possible there.)
    I mean the default Sims 2 townies would be pretty immersion breaking for a medieval or any historical neighborhood.

Ha, I removed them! It was the first thing I did! Nothing like having some leopard-printed-tights-wearing townie walk along while you're immersed in your game :) Plus, I want all that room for my own families.

I used this tutorial to make sure that only MY sims would populate the world. Of course, there are the NPCs that will be generated no matter what (mailman, newspaper delivery, etc.) but you can find Default Replacements for all of those on either MTS or Plumbbob Keep or both. There are very, very few things that I haven't been able to find a replacement for.
    More pic spam! Some of my favorite images from the game and builds so far :)

PB9oNw4.jpg
    x5IKeCF.jpg
    islY7OR.jpg
    xVcrPYy.jpg
    CfFGnTg.jpg
    HxOrcHm.jpg
    OQMfJCV.jpg
    vb4XeDD.jpg
    voBTapN.jpg
    J1mqnW1.jpg
    dU7Ayhg.jpg
    wJvz1Vj.jpg
    3x3i7t4.jpg
    QJkAySM.jpg
    XJsv0xZ.jpg
    oapxXrD.jpg
    And a few more!

xGwC8Pf.jpg
    WzZgMV7.jpg
    tIxicYd.jpg
    XFHNSI1.jpg
    NouNKkk.jpg
    bJwR8mI.jpg
    JYbekqi.jpg
    e1IvuSU.jpg
    0KSvXQ1.jpg
    vdnhfNf.jpg
    W3eIrG3.jpg
    wDM1CEi.jpg
    9uWG24R.jpg
    tSxo8d8.jpg
    MnYi9yf.jpg
    ZNvuviI.jpg

@mortia
    Wow your screenshots look so awesome! If I didn't know it was Sims 2 I wouldn't believe it. :)
    It's so cool how everything looks so new and medieval. You really inspire me to do a medieval sims too one day. ;)
    I wonder, do you use a graphics mod or do you edit the pictures to look that way?
    @mortia
    Wow! That pics are just amazing :smile:
    It would have been awesome if The Sims Medieval would have been like your game.
    Thanks a lot for the information and link to the tutorial on the townies :blush: . Unfortunately I don't think I am skilled enough to do that... Also, I already created my neighbourhood (I am creating a Victorian one :smile:). The default townies are gonna kill the immersion a little. :unamused:
    But I would probably break my game if I tried to delete them in the proper way, which would be even worse. :hushed:
    Nindl wrote: »
    @mortia
    Wow your screenshots look so awesome! If I didn't know it was Sims 2 I wouldn't believe it. :)
    It's so cool how everything looks so new and medieval. You really inspire me to do a medieval sims too one day. ;)
    I wonder, do you use a graphics mod or do you edit the pictures to look that way?

@Nindl
    I use Gunmod's Radiance Lighting and also Pineapple's Post Effects Mod in-game. I don't do any edits aside from a slight vignette and sometimes a little desaturation.

TS2 can look like a new game altogether with the things like skydomes, weather-enabled skylines and water enhancements that are out now. I wouldn't suggest trying the graphic mods unless you have a pretty good PC and graphics card, though.
    edited April 2017
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    @mortia
    Wow! That pics are just amazing :smile:
    It would have been awesome if The Sims Medieval would have been like your game.
    Thanks a lot for the information and link to the tutorial on the townies :blush: . Unfortunately I don't think I am skilled enough to do that... Also, I already created my neighbourhood (I am creating a Victorian one :smile:). The default townies are gonna kill the immersion a little. :unamused:
    But I would probably break my game if I tried to delete them in the proper way, which would be even worse. :hushed:

@Sally1502, Yeah, you definitely shouldn't try removing them unless you're starting a clean, new game. It'd be terrible to mess up your current game! You could always just grab the townies and dress them in your own clothes using a hacked dresser or something like that :) Good luck with your Victorian 'hood!!
    @mortia
    Thank you for the info and links! It's amazing what mods can do to the game graphics. :)
    I also think that your Sims looks like Sims Medieval should have looked like. :D
    Do you actually plan on sharing the lots you build?
    @Nindl
    Thanks again :)!

And no, I don't plan on releasing any of my builds. I'm sorry :(
    @mortia

What a pity! I understand it though. :)

Would you share some links of the CC you used, or websites you used? That would be cool. ;)
    @mortia
    Thanks a lot! :smile:
    And thanks for the recommendation about re-dressing townies. Do you know where I could find a hacked dresser or something of the sort?
    @Nindl
    I won't link to every piece of CC in my game, but I get almost all of my medieval content and mods between these sites:
    Plumbbob Keep
    The Medieval Smithy
    Almighty Hat

You can also find good things if you search through MTS, Garden of Shadows, Kativip and Tumblr in general :)

@Sally1502
    This one is pretty good!
    @mortia
    Thank you for the links and info! It will help a lot when I create my own medieval sims one day. :)
    @mortia
    Thanks for the link! :smile:
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @mortia Wow your pictures are amazing! I always wanted to try a medieval game, but was to lazy to get all the pieces to really make it work. :D Your game looks fabulous! :smiley:
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    These photos are gorgeous! I believe I follow you on Tumblr. I also had a medieval neighborhood, but it always got corrupted because of some bad CC I had, that I couldn't pin-point. Keep up the good work!