Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Super Dating (SEASON 3 CHAPTER 1 IS UP!!)

Comments

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited May 2017
    The boys are back in this chapter but for how long?

suRdkSd.jpg
    edited June 2017
    There's a big surprise in store for Erin in this chapter of Super Dating!

suRdkSd.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    You go girl! It's time for Erin to start dating herself ;)
    edited June 2017
    Someone gets a second chance in the new episode of Super Dating <3
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Missed this one somehow! Off to read !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Missed this one somehow! Off to read !

I must say I got a little worried when there was no like or comment from you. I was like did she give up on me ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I wonder how Erin and Jason will work out, I'd give my heart for Khal Drogo to make a return in GoT by the way :lol:
    Just letting you know that I probably won't get the next episode out until late next week. I have a convention to get ready for that is living little time for anything else. But don't worry it will be worth the wait ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Sorry for the delay, it's been a crazy busy last two weeks getting ready for the con. But a new episode of Super Dating is here! This season is almost at an end. Next episode will be the season finale!

2F1uW6gl.jpg
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I hope poor Erin figures out how to deal with her struggles! She should have that talk with Jason.
    Don't let that sexy hunk of a man escape!
    Heads up I will posting the season finale of Super Dating tonight! Now's your chance to catch <3
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Here it is the season finale of my story Super Dating! I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's continued to read my story. It has been a pleasure writing this story. This was truly a work by the heart <3 I had wanted to write a story like this for a while now but didn't know how it would be received. As you know the character of Erin is based on myself. It's scary to put yourself out there. Sharing your insecurities and fears. All of you're lovely comments about this story has meant so much to me. So once again thank you! Oh and don't worry Super Dating will be back with a whole new season, full of new adventures and of course new boys ;)

suRdkSd.jpg
    Oh Erin, you sure know how to make a mess!

I guess she has three constants in her life, comics, boys abs getting into messes ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I was wondering if you guys would be interested in doing a little wrap up discussion now that season one is over. I'd love to hear any questions or comments you might have about my story. I could also think up some questions for you guys.

Oh and don't worry I'm working on season 2. Hopefully you're excited about as much as I am!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I was wondering if you guys would be interested in doing a little wrap up discussion now that season one is over. I'd love to hear any questions or comments you might have about my story. I could also think up some questions for you guys.

Oh and don't worry I'm working on season 2. Hopefully you're excited about as much as I am!

Oh, I'd love to! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    One thing I'm curious about is how did she not notice Chris Evans living next door?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Here are a few questions of anyone os interested. I'd love to answer any questions you have for me about this story. I was playing season 2 last night and I cant wait to share it with you!

What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story?

This story mentions moving on and starting over a bit. Do you think Erin ever truly moved on from Chris? If not do think she ever will be?

Obivously dating all these mega celebs is a lot of girls fantasies. But do you think the out come would have been different had they been everyday guys? Was there celebrity one of the reasons these relationships didn't work? Who would your fake superhero choice be?
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes just wanted to let you know that I'm in a busy few days ... I read your questions yesterday and I'm thinking about them and I'll answer this weekend at the latest ! So glad you're doing this conversation !

@swcheppes just wanted to let you know that I'm in a busy few days ... I read your questions yesterday and I'm thinking about them and I'll answer this weekend at the latest ! So glad you're doing this conversation !

Awesome! I will think of some more questions as well. I look forward to your answers :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • SydcupcakesSydcupcakes Posts: 79 Member
    My opinions and expectations on Super Dating (this is honestly me just typing out whatever comes to mind and what I'd like to see next season) -

I like Erin, though I think she talks about how she is terrible at relationships over and over again. I would like to see her make some progress in her life in general. Now that she basically has to choose who she wants to be with, which she ultimately has 4 choices (Jason, Henry, Chris, or none of them). Personally, I don't like how Jason was just for fun, and I don't really see them together for very long.
    I also wish she would get over Chris, like they need to sort out their relationship somehow (I kinda ship them even though he cheated on her but them being friends would be good too).
    Hopefully the next season will have her make more friends instead of lovers, she seems like she needs them :)
    Yay! Time to answer these questions! :)

What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story?

Erin is so relatable to me! I love how she just talks--she doesn't mind being silly, being inward-turning, being intellectual, being dorky, being embarrassed--she just shares everything like a good friend would. There's this really neat affection and trust that develops between narrator and reader, and I always feel like I'm sitting down with a good friend or cousin whenever I read these chapters! I like how she'll share everything, honestly, without trying to impress or be someone other than who she is. I find that--and her--very endearing.

This story mentions moving on and starting over a bit. Do you think Erin ever truly moved on from Chris? If not do think she ever will be?

Of course not! She's so stuck! And that's part of what makes this so charming... because, you know what? I think, honestly, my first love has a very special place in my heart--even though I've been with someone else I adore for over 37 years! That little corner of our heart that we give to our first love... it simply sometimes stays occupied!

Obivously dating all these mega celebs is a lot of girls fantasies. But do you think the out come would have been different had they been everyday guys? Was there celebrity one of the reasons these relationships didn't work? Who would your fake superhero choice be?

I'm totally clueless. I'm out of popular culture sooooo far! The only guy I knew was Jason, because he was in this neat Netflix thing we saw about Hudson Bay Company.

Because I don't know any of the pop culture references, I found myself interpreting these superheroes as archetypes. And so, in that way, I really just superimposed the archetype onto a regular guy. In my mind, these were regular guys who fit the specific archetype for that actor and superhero. The story was written in such a way, with a matter-of-factness about celebrity, that allowed this interpretation to work really well for me! It took on an almost magical realism type quality, which I enjoyed a lot.

Each of the guys seemed really interested in Erin, so I don't really think their celebrity got in the way of the relationship... But most of them were pretty full of themselves, too--so that seemed to get in the way.

So, my superhero of choice... does Scooby-doo count?

My opinions and expectations on Super Dating (this is honestly me just typing out whatever comes to mind and what I'd like to see next season) -

I like Erin, though I think she talks about how she is terrible at relationships over and over again. I would like to see her make some progress in her life in general. Now that she basically has to choose who she wants to be with, which she ultimately has 4 choices (Jason, Henry, Chris, or none of them). Personally, I don't like how Jason was just for fun, and I don't really see them together for very long.
    I also wish she would get over Chris, like they need to sort out their relationship somehow (I kinda ship them even though he cheated on her but them being friends would be good too).
    Hopefully the next season will have her make more friends instead of lovers, she seems like she needs them :)

Thank you for your insight. I love hearing what people are thinking about my story :) Season 2 will definitely focus on other aspects of Erin's love besides her love life, of course there will be some of that too ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Yay! Time to answer these questions! :)

Erin is so relatable to me! I love how she just talks--she doesn't mind being silly, being inward-turning, being intellectual, being dorky, being embarrassed--she just shares everything like a good friend would. There's this really neat affection and trust that develops between narrator and reader, and I always feel like I'm sitting down with a good friend or cousin whenever I read these chapters! I like how she'll share everything, honestly, without trying to impress or be someone other than who she is. I find that--and her--very endearing.

Of course not! She's so stuck! And that's part of what makes this so charming... because, you know what? I think, honestly, my first love has a very special place in my heart--even though I've been with someone else I adore for over 37 years! That little corner of our heart that we give to our first love... it simply sometimes stays occupied!

I'm totally clueless. I'm out of popular culture sooooo far! The only guy I knew was Jason, because he was in this neat Netflix thing we saw about Hudson Bay Company.

Because I don't know any of the pop culture references, I found myself interpreting these superheroes as archetypes. And so, in that way, I really just superimposed the archetype onto a regular guy. In my mind, these were regular guys who fit the specific archetype for that actor and superhero. The story was written in such a way, with a matter-of-factness about celebrity, that allowed this interpretation to work really well for me! It took on an almost magical realism type quality, which I enjoyed a lot.

Each of the guys seemed really interested in Erin, so I don't really think their celebrity got in the way of the relationship... But most of them were pretty full of themselves, too--so that seemed to get in the way.

So, my superhero of choice... does Scooby-doo count?

It means a lot that you think so highly of Erin and can connect with her. I really want people to feel like they are reading a story about themselves or someone who has aspects of them.

I'm surprised you didn't choose Jughead :p
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I was playing season 2 tonight (which by the way I can't wait to share with you all) it made me think of another question. What would you like to see in season 2? Is there something from season 1 that you loved that you want to see more of or maybe something you want to see less of?
    suRdkSd.jpg