Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leashes and Skirts [PART ONE OF EP 1 RELEASED]

KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
WELCOME TO LEASHES AND SKIRTS
This is an interactive reality show where RL players submit an animal of their own and play in numerous challenges with other RL players to win the ultimate 8,000,000 pet-moleon prize (notice that this amount of reward will not be given out to any RL winners, we are not here to play for cash). However, there is a destructor among themselves trying to undermine the group effort and to steal more money from the group pot to their own private pocket.

The Gameplay involves numerous roles of animals as I shall introduce them right now:

1. Good Companion
They are the vanilla players that will try to survive on this show as long as possible in order to earn more money to their group pot.

2. The Alsatian
The Alsatian is the detective/police of this show. Their mission is to identify the saboteur correctly and make the arrest.

3. The Saboteur
They are the destructor. Inside and out. They will try everything possible to prevent the group from having a smooth journey. The Saboteur's ultimate goal is to become the sole winner of the show. They will try to sabotage the challenges while remain undetected by the others.

4. The Fox
Despite being the saboteur’s accomplice, they will possess a ‘Hidden identity’. This Hidden identity will give a false information to the Alsatian as them being a normal player when picked for questioning. Their Hidden identity will expire once the original saboteur has been removed from the game and at the same time the fox will simply ‘inherit’ the role of the saboteur.

Challenges are some sort of activities where RL players need to participate. It will either be a group challenge or an individual task. The highest achiever of the challenges will be rewarded with immunity which they can either choose to use or save it for later.

The Saboteur MCQ is the quiz with questions regarding the saboteur that each RL player needs (everyone, including the Saboteur) to complete. Those who gain immunity will be exempted from taking the quiz for that particular round.

Elimination/Execution is the process in which one player with the lowest mark (except the saboteur) being asked to leave the game and the elimination ceremony will take place in the following episode.

Group Challenge plays a key role in determining the direction that the animals will be heading towards. They need 'sponsors' to help them go on with the journey. And in order to gain help from the sponsors, they need to complete certain assignments (group mission) in return.

Sponsors are those who assign missions/challenges to the contestants.

The Twist

tumblr_oqw20etOV91uk3nv1o1_1280.png

These stickers (from left to right) have following functions:

Sticker 1. The Umbrella
Your role will be hidden for that particular round

Sticker 2. NO SWITCHING!!
You can only prevent your MCQ result from being switched by using this card

Sticker 3. Captain Revival
Put your cap on, you’re now in charge. For players with normal role (Good Companion) only. Causes permanent role switch to the Alsatian

Sticker 4. Switch My Ranking/MCQ Score with…
Automatically switches your result with any one player you choose… You sure about that? This card cannot be used by the saboteur

Sticker 5. False Alarm
You are now automatically marked as an Alsatian for that one round which means you are now susceptible for removal if picked by the saboteur

Sticker 6. Save the Alsatian/or the Fox!!
Secretly pass-on the elimination penalty to the player who got the second-lowest mark if the Alsatian/fox scored the lowest in a challenge. This card will lose its use once the corresponding role has been eliminated

Sticker 7. Additional FIVE points added to your quiz
Not sure if 5 points really helps but it's still better than nothing, right?

Sticker 8. Let Me Solve the Case
Choose one person who you think might be the saboteur

Sticker 9: Immunity
Excuse yourself from sitting MCQ once by using this sticker

CA6BUWO.jpg

Welcome to Leashes & Skirts, a Sims 3 interactive reality show exclusively open for animals! :D
chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
._.
Post edited by Kelvin on

Comments

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited May 2017
    Q & A

1. How do I submit my animal to you?

You can either choose to send me the files through email: chocolat.gruppe@gmail.com (highlight for the address) or upload your animal to the exchange, whichever suits you better :)

2. So... what the plum is this thing again? Is it a show or a story or a role-play or a legacy challenge?
    This is not a legacy challenge or a pure story. This is an "interactive series" where RL players submit their characters (usually sims but in this case, animals) into the show. It does involve some elements of role-playing as those from the Reality Show Community shall be very familiar with. All RL players will contribute to the making of the story by either submitting an "Action Diary Entry" or "Diary Entry (DRE)" where the individuals are given a chance to reveal their thoughts about the situation, the other characters and weather and so on. They are written by the RL players only. The destiny of the characters is dependent on the performance of RL players who will need to compete with each other to guarantee their safety to stay in "the journey".

3. What are the requirements for me to sign up?
    Well, this will be hosted on the forums where participating players may be expected to complete the tasks and various missions so I would expect you to be time-commitment. If you cannot submit your task on time, please at least let me know.

4. What animals can I submit?
    You are allowed to submit any animal that you can create (if you've made an ostrich and wanted to submit it onto the show, I will be absolutely encouraging you to do so). Even if the animal is identified as a dog from the game, you could always makes it look like a fox or wolf or even raccoon. I'll not be setting the limit of the number of dogs/horses/cats/unicorns (hey we should have a unicorn squad that would be sparkly fantastic!! no, please don't :joy:) for this show but if you choose to submit a minor animal that I cannot control fully (such as parrots or snakes or guinea pigs or fishes or turtles or other wild birds), I am not saying that you are not allowed to do so, but considering the limit of freedom these animals have themselves, your character will more likely to end up having a shorter "air-time" or would be unlikely to "interact" with other animals easily.

5. What expansion packs/stuff packs do you have?
    Pets, of course. Because we won't be submitting sim contestants this time so the other expansion packs/stuff packs play a relatively small role here on your animals. If you don't have the Pets EP, send me a picture of your animal and I'll try my best to create them for you. You could always ask for help from other players such as M13Vulpecula (Vul) ;) But in case you'd like to know, I have all expansion packs and some of the stuff packs (except for Katy Perry Sweet Treats).

6. Will players be eliminated one by one, or will it be more sporadic? [asked by TURNER]
    After each challenge, they will be allocated to attend another session called "The Saboteur MCQ (multiple choice questions)" where RL players submit the quiz and the player that scores the lowest will be eliminated from "the journey". However, instead of doing normal MCQs, the selected "Saboteur" will try and figure out who's trying to hunt them down by an attempt to retrace and submit the name of whom they think is "the Alsatian". If the "Alsatian" has been correctly identified then they will be eliminated from the game with the other player with a lowest quiz score. (this is extremely similar to the 6th season of the Mole where two spies try to take each other down)

7. What language will be spoken amongst the animals? [asked by TURNER]
    Of course English, my best friend. I believe it's the common language that all simmers on this forums understand. However, it doesn't stop you from submitting animals that speak with unique accents or dialect variants (such as Tristan Van Gould from the first half episodes of Abnormality Season 5 and Marsha Marshall from Hunt or Be Hunted, both created by Vul, who is pretty good at ideas like this)

8. Where do we get the stickers?
    Each of you will be given 2 stickers to begin with. These can be traded via a 'trading station' which we all should be very familiar with from the Mole. Remember to invite me into the PM and keep me informed.

An alternative way to get the stickers is from the sponsors. Sponsors will ask your animals to perform certain tasks and they will reward you with stickers (not sure if that's a fair trade though) :b

9. For how long are we allowed to keep the stickers?
    You are allowed to keep them as long as you wish. But remember some stickers may lose its value/effect (please refer to the instructions for more detail) so you might want to trade or use it before that.

10. Do these stickers have permanent effect?
    No, unfortunately, they don't. Except for Sticker 3 which results in permanent role change. Most of them are 'one-off' which means they can only be used once for that particular round. In addition, you are not allowed to use more than 1 sticker each time.

11. What will happen to my stickers once I got eliminated?
    You will not be allowed to transfer them to any other players. Once you are eliminated, your stickers will be taken away by the production team.

12. What will happen if the Alsatian or the saboteur gets eliminated?
    Once the Alsatian has been eliminated from the show, the saboteur will no longer need to worry about being caught UNLESS one or even more players remaining used Sticker 3: Captain Revival that changes themselves into Alsatians. In this case, the saboteur will only be informed that someone has used the sticker and they will have to catch and get rid of them as before.

If the original saboteur gets eliminated, the fox will take over the role and become the new saboteur while, at the same time, losing its undetectable identity and the Alsatian must arrest this new saboteur.

Any questions please feel free to ask! I won't bite or scratch or kick or peck :p
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited November 2017
    edited September 2017
    PLAYERS

tumblr_oqs6g4MBOH1uk3nv1o1_1280.png

:warning:POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW, PROCEED WITH CAUTION :warning:

:mrgreen::wink:Baxter, the Hyperactive Chew Monster by Iceman
    tumblr_oqvkfb8alM1uk3nv1o1_1280.png

:warning::mrgreen::wink:Esme, the Flower in a Field of Garbage by Tiger
    tumblr_oqvkfb8alM1uk3nv1o3_1280.png

:mrgreen::wink:Galaxy, the Finder Who’s Kinder by Lo
    tumblr_oqvkfb8alM1uk3nv1o5_1280.png

:mrgreen:Kenai, the Larger-than-life Adventurer by Alleen
    tumblr_oqvkfb8alM1uk3nv1o4_1280.png

:mrgreen:Bubbles, the Cutie Bubbly Bubbles by Keyen
    tumblr_oqvkfb8alM1uk3nv1o2_1280.png

:mrgreen:Doro, the Starving Fluffy Ball by Yannik
    tumblr_oqvkfb8alM1uk3nv1o6_1280.png

EMOJI LEGENDS:

:mrgreen: - Still in the competition
    :grey_question: - Missing something from you
    :wink: - Holds Immunity
    :cold_sweat: - Executed (aka eliminated)
    :warning: - Strike

STATEMENT OF MISSION ACHIEVEMENT:

[ Mission 1 ] Find Your Sponsor

- 38 points awarded to the group, equivalent to P§38,000
    - 80 points awarded to saboteur & fox, equivalent to P§80,000

- Immunity to Baxter
    - Immunity to Galaxy

- Additional 2 marks to coming Saboteur MCQ for Bubbles
    - Additional 2 marks to coming Saboteur MCQ for Doro

Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited September 2017
    CURRENT MISSION

None at the moment

Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited October 2017
    TIME ZONE*
    E2T6t.jpg

xMus2f4.png

Lo: GMT -4 (US East Coast)

imyGsd3.png

Choco: GMT +1 (Northern Ireland)

ek1NMqQ.png

Alleen: GMT +2 (South Africa)

HDLWeQz.png

Yannik: GMT +2 (Germany)

UpnOn9Z.png

Keyen: GMT +3 (Saudi Arabia)

wfaoSck.png

Iceman: GMT +8 (The Phillipines)

HvEqUtd.png

Tiger: GMT +10 (Australia)

*please note that some timezone do not have daylight savings which is not included above
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    Good night folks, I'll try to sort other things out from my draft tomorrow in the morning :p
    ._.
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    Hold Me a spot please
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
    Hold Me a spot please

You got it! :wink:
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm in :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited April 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm in :)

Gotcha! :D
    ._.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Can I reserve please? :3
    Banner.png
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Wow, this looks super interesting. :o I'll just watch for now though.

I'm curious to know how all of this will even work, but I'm sure that's intentionally unknown for now.

Will players be eliminated one by one, or will it be more sporadic?
    edited April 2017
    I also really like the intro stuff you wrote. I've been realizing more and more lately that my calling career-wise is to study animal behavior, and communication is a big part of that. Because you're right, even though we have done a lot of research and THINK we know how most animals communicate, there is likely still a lot under the surface (of course, you were exaggerating because you need to set up the fact that they will be communicating in the show, but still :p ).

I'm guessing all the animals will be talking in English? :lol: Or will you say that the show has automatically translated it for the viewer? haha
    edited April 2017
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    You do not need a golden-bone to reserve :D

Lol, good to know. ;-p

edited April 2017
    Can I reserve please? :3

Gotcha too! :p
    ._.
    edited April 2017
    Turner wrote: »
    Wow, this looks super interesting. :o I'll just watch for now though.

So are you going to sit this out or would you like to join later seeing how it turns out to be?
    Will players be eliminated one by one, or will it be more sporadic?

I don't know, possible plot twist >:)
    ._.
    I also really like the intro stuff you wrote. I've been realizing more and more lately that my calling career-wise is to study animal behavior, and communication is a big part of that. Because you're right, even though we have done a lot of research and THINK we know how most animals communicate, there is likely still a lot under the surface (of course, you were exaggerating because you need to set up the fact that they will be communicating in the show, but still :p ).

I'm guessing all the animals will be talking in English? :lol: Or will you say that the show has automatically translated it for the viewer? haha

Thank you, and of course I'm over emphasising the fact that's far beyond our current knowledge of animal communication just because this is an interactive series where they are supposed talk to and work with each other ;)

What language will they be talking in? Mandarin Chinese of course ;)
    ._.
    edited April 2017
    Updated Q & A

-included questions asked by Turner
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    Application form up :)
    ._.
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    This sounds so brilliant and hilarious, and so unique too! I've been reading the application and it's oh so hilarious. I'm definitely in. :)
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    This sounds so brilliant and hilarious, and so unique too! I've been reading the application and it's oh so hilarious. I'm definitely in. :)

Haha, this will surely be a lot more lively than GHMV. ;) Welcome onboard!
    ._.
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Yes, I am interested! I was just reading through :3 I might need help getting a pet in though if I can't get my Sims 3 to work :3
    I would definitely do a unicorn though, just saying XD
    edited April 2017
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    Yes, I am interested! I was just reading through :3 I might need help getting a pet in though if I can't get my Sims 3 to work :3
    I would definitely do a unicorn though, just saying XD

Welcome welcome!! XD

I'm fine with unicorns ;) Ooh, and don't worry about getting a pet, we'll definitely sort it out later
    ._.