Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World edit mode, NOT YET? or NOT Possible?

Backdrops are wonderful in the Sims 4, but every time I see way too spacious empty spots scattered here and there in the worlds, I can't help but SIGH and feel that I want to do something about them, when in fact I can't!!!!

Those large empty open spaces, especially in NewCrest and Windenburg, no sims visit.
And those public benches here and there no sims sit on them!!!
Duh...

Since adding a toddler stage was technically possible, shouldn't "Edit World Mode" be possible too?

Come on, smart and wise gurus, please please I am so hoping you make "world editing" possible.

Comments

• rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Ts4 was built on backdrops and fx, I sadly don't ever think it will be possible.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Editing and creating new neighbourhoods is possible.

How do you think they do it?

They just haven't handed it over.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    I hope that the free-stuff team turns to basic neighbourhood editing soon as a project, now that they brought us Toddlers. Personally I don't feel a need to do stuff with backdrops or terrain levels, but I'd really like to be able to add and remove objects, change their colors, and that sort of thing. (I do think that Toddlers were the right thing to prioritize, though.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    You never know toddlers are now here and I'm pretty sure there trying to do more but stay hopeful I am of course see ya at the bowling alley
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Neighborhood editing is my #1 most desired feature now that we have toddlers. It drives me absolutely crazy that I can't make these worlds my own. Of course, I'd love to add and move lots, or shape the terrain. But I'd take anything. We can't delete trees or put down a basketball court. We can't place a bench or a street sign. We can't fix the RANDOM FLOATING GRASS they left all over Windenburg and Granite Falls (🐸🐸🐸🐸?). We can't even rename these worlds! 0_0

I'd be happy with at least as much editing control as we had in previous games, even if we never get a program like TS3's CAW.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I would be happy if we could edit festivals...
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    They experimented with public space customization, but I don't think they got that far. The worlds are already pre-set and editing an exisiting world could easily damage the save file. This is all they said about that topic that I can recall, I am to lazy to search for all the references.

I think if there ever is public space customization, then it's only about adding new objects to the world than editing the existing neighborhood. (Just like how objects appear in festivals)
    a256aFi.gif
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think if there ever is public space customization, then it's only about adding new objects to the world than editing the existing neighborhood. (Just like how objects appear in festivals)

Even just that would be better than nothing :# Zerbu was working on some tool for it, but I guess that's not going to happen now :(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2017
    When I look at San Myshuno where we can't modify the apartment walls, I think we won't be able to edit the existing worlds.

The only way I see is if they make customizable worlds.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Even just that would be better than nothing :# Zerbu was working on some tool for it, but I guess that's not going to happen now :(

Sadly.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    As much as I want world editing.. didn't they already say that it would never happen? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe close to launch they were asked and gurus completely dismissed it? With toddlers they said they couldn't talk about future content but with world editing I think they just shot it down.

Could be very wrong though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    As much as I want world editing.. didn't they already say that it would never happen? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe close to launch they were asked and gurus completely dismissed it? With toddlers they said they couldn't talk about future content but with world editing I think they just shot it down.

Could be very wrong though.

They actually had, about 6 months in, a guru-led topic asking what we'd look for in world editing. So I don't think that some degree of it is impossible or completely off the table. Just maybe lower priority on the Things That Have to be Free list than Toddlers were. Or so I like to think the evidence suggests.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    For players to create their own worlds, they would have to:

- Create their own maps.
    - Create their own backdrops.
    - Would have to be able to render their own worlds (unless we were given templates)
    - Would have to program routing etc.
    - And would have to create their own decor items to fit the world.

The Sims 3 worlds were build using an existing program, that was a square ocean, with some terrain. It was basically a more complex SimCity program, but all the hard work was done for you, BUT there were limitations too.

The Sims 4 worlds are build from the ground up, so it's unlikely we'll get them.

All I ask for, is the ability to edit what Buy Mode items are in the worlds outside the lots.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    At least what we had in Sims2, the ability to add lots into the vast vacant space and basic terrain editing.