Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No other bowlers?

StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
I couldn't find another thread about this, so started one. Anyway, I built a bowling alley and set it as a bar with the teen hangout, convivial & fast internet traits. I got maybe 4 or 5 people max at the bar, but no one bowling on any of the five lanes. Did I miss something?? Here's a pic of my place, The Rialto Bowling & Bar. The first two lanes with the pins down are from my sims playing yesterday.:

03-30-17_9-28-04_PM.png
Post edited by Starfree on

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I'm still working on my Bowling Alley. I did add a small one to the Shrieking Llama. And I made this guy, he is a level 5 bowler, if you want to download him.

https://www.thesims.com/gallery/ADD6B62D15B411E78BEF66AA568FC1CB
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    As long as it's a Bar, Lounge, or Nightclub it should get bowlers.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I notice the most bowlers generally seem to occur before the Happy Hour. My lanes seem busy until the bartender announces it is Happy Hour then the bowlers seem to go to the bar - well the YAs do anyway and elders - people with kids and all the teens seem to leave then.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Writin_Reg , maybe that's it for tonight. Happy Hour was announced just seconds after my sim arrived. Will see what happens tomorrow; if it continues I'll try removing my mods folder in case it's something there. Thanks for the info ☺.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The teen hangout lot trait works it brings teenagers and sometimes a club of teens from get together and it don't care fi they are suppose to be in school, also change it too night club and you will get more bowlers because they are open from 1:00pm to Daylight 5:00am to 6:00am plus you don't have the other events competing except for the DJ both and Dance floor plus Night Clubs have a bar, but no happy hour.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    As long as it's a Bar, Lounge, or Nightclub it should get bowlers.

Lovely just spent two hours making a diner/bowling alley:/
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    I'm actually a little disappointed bowling alleys didn't get their own venue type.

Seems it'd be simple to just tweak object affinity to ensure NPC sims will use the bowling lanes...guess not.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm actually a little disappointed bowling alleys didn't get their own venue type.

Seems it'd be simple to just tweak object affinity to ensure NPC sims will use the bowling lanes...guess not.

That is disappointing. :/
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    To be fair this is the only thread that I've seen people mention a lack of bowlers. All the pics I've seen show a lively atmosphere. I've had lots of bowlers in my game.
  • Options
    The only npc that bowled at my diner/bowling alley was a waitress:(

And I made it a teen hang out and like 3 teens showed up.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017

Bowling attracts NPCs specifically to bowl if the venue is a Bar, Nightclub, or Lounge. Other venues it won't attract them away from the main venue functions any more than any other item will. (https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-bowling-night-stuff-announce) Not sure why the OP's Bar venue didn't attract bowlers, as it seems to be working for other people.

Teen hangout attracts teen walkbys going past the lot. (@SimGuruGraham said they'd look at renaming the lot trait, as it's really not clear from the name alone. The description is much more clear than the name.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Bowling attracts NPCs specifically to bowl if the venue is a Bar, Nightclub, or Lounge. Other venues it won't attract them away from the main venue functions any more than any other item will. (https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-bowling-night-stuff-announce)

Teen hangout attracts teen walkbys going past the lot. (@SimGuruGraham said they'd look at renaming the lot trait, as it's really not clear from the name alone. The description is much more clear than the name.)

Oh boy. This game loves to dictate how I play.

I've had a diner/alley combo in every iteration.

This is soooooo disheartening.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, and Apple wants to dictate how you and what you use as computers and phone, I can't decide which new cell phone to get apple or google both are crappy in my opinion, Windows phone I love them, but Apple and Google are pushing them out of the market. Also, the only Apple computer I like is the old ACI and ACII.

Edit: Sorry a little off topic but you said dictate and I am on a rant about apple today, I just don't know how they can sale a computer that is on the verge of obsolete for 1,099.00 just because its a Mac Book Pro.
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Maybe it's the location if mainly visited by neighborhood plus if there is a limit to size the neighborhood, then the might need to placed somewhere else to attract a lot. But i don't know for sure i would be my guess nevertheless.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think the bowling ball racks are too far away from the lanes. Maybe move them closer and see if Sims start bowling? No idea if that's the issue though.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Yes, and Apple wants to dictate how you and what you use as computers and phone, I can't decide which new cell phone to get apple or google both are plum in my opinion, Windows phone I love them, but Apple and Google are pushing them out of the market. Also, the only Apple computer I like is the old ACI and ACII.

Edit: Sorry a little off topic but you said dictate and I am on a rant about apple today, I just don't know how they can sale a computer that is on the verge of obsolete for 1,099.00 just because its a Mac Book Pro.

Get a Google phone (Nexus / Pixel) :D imho, those are the only Android phones that are worth it, but I understand you don't like Google very much, still wanted to throw it out there while we're OT anyway ;) Also, why are you upset about the cost of an Apple laptop? Just buy another one? Plenty to go 'round (if you're looking to buy one at all that is).
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I uploaded a re-build of the Narwahl Arms lot in Windenberg with a 4-lane bowling alley and two additional bathrooms in the basement. I made a Club with two couples in my game and they went bowling in the early evening and were there until midnight. No-one else bowled at all - a few NPC's were dancing to the new music speaker that was installed in a corridor alongside the bowling lanes. Twin brothers and one friend from other households I play were also there - all dressed up in matching bowling outfits - but they didn't bowl, either. :(
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I sent my sims bowling at the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl. there was plenty of bowlers there.. my sims did change into bowling shoes but they kept on the same clothes they were wearing.. the mother was in her bathing suit lol
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I sent my sims bowling at the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl. there was plenty of bowlers there.. my sims did change into bowling shoes but they kept on the same clothes they were wearing.. the mother was in her bathing suit lol

You have to add their outfit to the wardrobe and then tell the sims to change into that outfit or they will wear the same clothes they came in - except for the shoes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    If I'm not mistaken, most of the venues have population ebbs based on the time of day/night. Unless it's changed recently, bars and nightclubs attract more business during the later afternoons and evenings. So that may be a factor on how many Sims are around. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options

Bowling attracts NPCs specifically to bowl if the venue is a Bar, Nightclub, or Lounge. Other venues it won't attract them away from the main venue functions any more than any other item will. (https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-bowling-night-stuff-announce)

Oh boy. This game loves to dictate how I play.

I've had a diner/alley combo in every iteration.

This is soooooo disheartening.

Well in past sims games the bowling was not in it's own pack but part of an ep and it was connected to a world and the content of that ep. It is not Maxis dictating how you play the game - but how you received the content and what it was programmed to actually work with.

It was basically programmed to work in a bar so naturally that is what it will work with the best. Also sims were not programmed to eat and bowl so expecting it to happen because it did in past games is sort of out there. At least you can build a bowling alley and dining place together with out a conflict but the fact the two were not meant to be done together is the issue. Dining had it's own pack also and was not an ep so you have that issue as well. If one or the other was part of an ep it would have probably been easier to do. Programming is specific more often than not.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    I couldn't find another thread about this, so started one. Anyway, I built a bowling alley and set it as a bar with the teen hangout, convivial & fast internet traits. I got maybe 4 or 5 people max at the bar, but no one bowling on any of the five lanes. Did I miss something?? Here's a pic of my place, The Rialto Bowling & Bar. The first two lanes with the pins down are from my sims playing yesterday.:

03-30-17_9-28-04_PM.png

Certain venues are time synchronized so if you go to a bar during the day your going to find very few people but like nightclubs if you go at night that's when it's most populated. Have you tried going at night?
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

My Sim will be bowling naked when I get my hands on the new stuff pack within the next few days...
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

They will only put on bowling shoes, and if they're maxed level with the skill, they'll wear a bowling glove. You can either change their outfit manually (by making one of the outfit categories in CAS a bowling league one, I'd suggest the sports one), or if you have GT and a family of Sims, put them in a club and set their outfits there and when you start a gathering, they'll put them on automatically for you. Clubs are handy in that you can also set the hangout location, and get there faster by starting the gathering. :) And bowling is a club activity so you can get the whole group to bowl together a bit easier too.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

They will only put on bowling shoes, and if they're maxed level with the skill, they'll wear a bowling glove. You can either change their outfit manually (by making one of the outfit categories in CAS a bowling league one, I'd suggest the sports one), or if you have GT and a family of Sims, put them in a club and set their outfits there and when you start a gathering, they'll put them on automatically for you. Clubs are handy in that you can also set the hangout location, and get there faster by starting the gathering. :) And bowling is a club activity so you can get the whole group to bowl together a bit easier too.

Good oldgamer - actually putting their out fit in everyday is better as bowling does not use the sporty outfit automation on its own - I had the best luck adding it to everyday. Of course if you use clubs then I am sure that is best - but I never use clubs so I can't test that. Well I could, but don't want to. They annoy me enough as it is not activating that system. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!