Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow is beautiful, but...

There's nothing to do there.
I appreciate why they had to make it a world with only 1 neighbourhood, but I can't help thinking if it had 2 neighbourhoods/10 lots total there would be room to place community lots and there would be more to do.

I get very few sims appear there and they just walk through from one side to the other and disappear; no one even makes use of the chess tables.

It seems like it would be a great place for vampires to live, but in practice it feels lonely being there.
Does that make sense?
I'm trying to come up with ways to give my sims more to do there but it's proving difficult.
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just kind of see FH as a breeding grounds for vampires. The entertainment it provides doesn't come directly from the world, but rather the fact that there are tons of vampires there to interact with. Plus it came out of a game pack and not an expansion so considering that, I think it's pretty good for what it is.

what did you have in mind to make it more interesting? i can't really think of too many things vampires would enjoy going out of their homes to do (besides feeding or interacting with each other)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Did you put vampires on every lot? I would think the Sims that live there would be the ones you'd see most often using the stuff in the open neighborhood areas. I don't mind that FH is somewhat 'closed off' so to speak. I think it's supposed to be a place where few dare to tread. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've deleted that small house and replaced it with a gothic-style bar from the gallery. I went even further and gave the lot the Vampire Nexus trait and have set the lot as the fixed hangout for my vampire club.

I'm hoping the bar is going to be a place only foolish sims dare to tread!

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    it might be a nice world but needs to be more bright and less dark so not chosing that world to have my sims live in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I just see it as a place for Vampires to gather but not to live except for the ancients

I dunno I'm just used to movies and shows where vampires have a secluded area but it's usually one building run by a leader.. basically each coven have a turf..

I used one of the lots as a cemetery for the funeral mod
    I would like to have a club gathering of just vampires (I have other clubs but They aren't for coven purposes) but I don't think we can use generic lots yet but who knows
    I might just use Vlads house
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• StrappysStrappys Posts: 22 Member
    Does anyone know the spots of crystals/fossils/metals in this world? Because I can not find any except the place near the cave and on the cliff but their respawn takes forever..
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I appreciate why they had to make it a world with only 1 neighbourhood, but I can't help thinking if it had 2 neighbourhoods/10 lots total there would be room to place community lots and there would be more to do.

I get very few sims appear there and they just walk through from one side to the other and disappear; no one even makes use of the chess tables.

It seems like it would be a great place for vampires to live, but in practice it feels lonely being there.
    Does that make sense?
    I'm trying to come up with ways to give my sims more to do there but it's proving difficult.

There is a fishing spot there.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was hoping it would come with a hidden world. Somewhere underground like catacombs or an underground cemetery. I have added the mine shaft to Vlad's lot so my vamps can explore the Grotto.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I was hoping it would come with a hidden world. Somewhere underground like catacombs or an underground cemetery. I have added the mine shaft to Vlad's lot so my vamps can explore the Grotto.

Hmm never thought of that.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Forgotten hollow is too small for my taste.
    4 lots are just MEH.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I am thinking of buying this pack when the price comes down, but I definitely wish it came with more space.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'll agree that it's super small, but a new "darker" world was definitely needed for vampires, and I've just come to expect tiny towns with GPs.

Now when it comes for things to do in Forgotten Hollow, granted I don't really play vampire sims that often at all. But, I did download a spooky hangout from The Gallery; which I placed in the only empty lot. While it's not much, it does give vampire sims one local area to hangout and socialize before venturing off into other towns/worlds. :)
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

There is a mine shaft opening hidden in all those rocks, that bats fly out of sometimes. I got all excited when I found it, but it turned out to be decoration only. :/

FH is a good world for those who like collecting, some new plants, a couple of fishing areas & lots of rocks spawning. If you explore it a bit, you can find a few nooks & crannies, including a clearing where several rocks can be found.

I was wary at first, thinking it would be all dark like Midnight Hollow was, but it's not too gloomy. I'm not interested in playing vampires at the moment, so I currently have a mere mortal family living there, and it suits them just fine.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Strappys wrote: »
    Does anyone know the spots of crystals/fossils/metals in this world? Because I can not find any except the place near the cave and on the cliff but their respawn takes forever..

i usually do my collecting in the park in oasis springs. a lot of rocks to dig up there. once you dig them all up, they don't respawn again until around 2 am. so i do other things and return later to dig up more rocks after they have respawned.
  • Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2017
    Wrong thread...sorry
    Post edited by Cookie4sims on
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Does that make sense?

There is a fishing spot there.

People are forgetting that certain things in The Sims 4 are portable meaning you can place it in your inventory and do anywhere including forgotten hollow as long as the packs are installed. You can go camping essentially at Forgotten Hollow, sell your art works with the portable art gallery item (including a street sale), play with a tablet, star/cloud gaze, fishing as @catloverplayer mentioned, collect collectibles, photography, etc.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    How did you do that? Sounds interesting.

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2017
    How did you do that? Sounds interesting.

Debug mode.

If you Are in build mode, enable the cheat "bb.showhiddenojects" your can acquire the entrance to the the Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade. you can access those areas where ever you want. not sure where you will emerge from tho when you exit, your spawned entrance or the original default entrance
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Thank you!
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    For Sylvan Glade, you need the magic tree. The mine shaft takes you to the grotto. Both can found (next to each other) in Debug mode.
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    I just got Sims 4 Vampires and I'm having trouble figuring out exploration in Forgotten Hollow. My camera won't pan far beyond my home lot or whatever lot I'm on. If I click on an area I can see, like the town square, my Sim disappears when they go there. The other neighborhoods I could freely explore the area and forage for collectables, but I can't figure out how to do that with Forgotten Hollow. I want to get some of the native plants for my garden but it's no good if my camera won't follow my Sim.
    9ndehwc.png
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Nevermind... Seems it was just a glitch. I went into build mode in top-down view and all of a sudden my camera can pan the whole island. I guess it just got stuck on stupid for a bit.
    9ndehwc.png
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I agree, I wish they had more lots. There was an open lot so I placed a bar from the gallery there for vampires to hang out, similar to what @calaprfy did. Since it is considered a bar, It attracts humans, which then becomes a great opportunity for vampires to suck their blood. In my town, that is their main source of entertainment. I expanded the bar and included an indoor pool, karaoke machine, games, indoor basketball hoop, etc for them in case they get stuck there during the day.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 2018
    Five lots isn't much at all in the first place, and when there's only three of them that I feel free to edit (I don't wanna move out Vlad and the Vatores!!), that just makes it even smaller. I want to put community lots there. I want to put residential lots there. More than just 3. It's hard, hahah.

Then again, it is also just a gamepack, the neighborhood is about the right size for the content.
    But still!!! Please, I need more lots there....

it might be a nice world but needs to be more bright and less dark so not chosing that world to have my sims live in
    Lol, this is the vampire neighborhood, of course it's gotta be dark. What do you expect? Vampires chose this dark, secluded little place for a reason. They don't like that big burning sun out there.
    There's no need to pretend the vampires pack wasn't made primarily with vampires in mind.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr