Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Those poses are adorable! I've already started downloading them and can just see Juniper lose her mind with whoever she ends up with those hearts (if she doesn't accidentally kill him).

Okay. The 'if she doesn't accidentally kill him' means I'm going to have to read that story of yours as soon as I finish up some others. LOL :)
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I wanted to switch my story for this group to my Super Dating story if thats cool.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    edited April 2017
    @LillyDoves Welcome! could you link your story and maybe tell us something about it and yourself?

@ everyone maybe we could do a introduction round?
    Post edited by TheGeekGamez on
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is, but Tumblr gets on my nerves!!! I mean, I have an account, and I used to promote all my sims 3 poses, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. It's like it's set up backwards!

/rant over

Edit: (temporarily)

2nd Edit: I have 95 followers?!

3rd Edit: LOL let's make it 100! my whatever-it's-called, "page thing"

I added one more :smile:
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    I'm so glad to hear that. I just recently started my first story, but I also love reading other members stories.

Welcome :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Sure, I don't mind at all. Thanks for letting me join, everyone seems so interesting and I'm sure it will reflect in your stories.

As for myself, I'm currently 20 years old and live in South Carolina, I'm a student at Clemson University. I've recently decided to change my major to English because I love to write and read of course. I have one cat, her name is Beatrix and she is hilarious when she isn't keeping me up at night. I've recently started my very first SimLit story called the Bay Chronicles. It only has two main characters right now, Juniper (the mother) and Isobel (Junipers daughter, she's a toddler). The Bay Chronicles will follow Juniper and Isobel and their descendants until the last one has passed away, which will be a while from now. There should hopefully be a new addition in the future in which I'm hoping Isobel will understand.

Speaking of Juniper, does anyone know any fair skinned and blonde haired male sims? Or something that is in contrast to black hair? Haha, I'm hoping that once she gets there the new addition will look opposite of Isobel for future chapters. That reminds me, the third Chapter of the Bay Chronicles is scheduled to come out at 9:00 am Pacific Daylight Time.

TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Hi @LillyDoves :)

I make my introduction as well.
    On the forums my name is Marialein. This comes from my name Maria and a form in my home country to make something sweet or little.
    I am from Austria which means my native language is German. I am working as graphic designer for several restaurants and hotels. Since officially it is not allowed to say on the forums how old you are I say it this way. I am a mid 90s kid.
    I love writing, reading, playing sims and to make graphic stuff. I have a dog called Boots and she is such a sweet little Chihuahua. Playing with her is always great and it makes me smile no matter what.

My main story is Angel in the darkness. It is sometimes a bit dark but where darkness is, is also light :)
  • Options
    It's lovely to meet you! And I really like your banner/signature, very intriguing. Haha, Boots sounds like a nice little fellow.

TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    @ Marialein
    Just read the prologue for Angels in the Darkness, it sounds really good and I can't wait to see what happens. I probably would have called the police if some guy came into my house like he did.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    I should probably write my own introduction as well.

My forum name is TheGeekGamez, wich I thought was a great idea 2 years ago. most people just call me geek. I am female, still in high school and my tommorrow is my 5 somethingth birthday. (technically I didn't say my age) I work as a babysitter and am applying for a somehwhat more steady supermarket job. I enjoy watching TV shows, playing indie videogames, horse riding, drawing and writing. I have a dog named Boogy and a cat named Bo. I am from the Netherlands and love going to events like Comicon to cosplay.
    I write an apocalypse story called We Could Change It All. It used to be mainly gameplay driven but now it's about 80% plot driven. I consider it my first Simlit story although I used to write a diffrent one. It is the First thing written by me that has more then five chapters before I Gave up. :D
  • Options
    Posting this really quickly before class starts. I'll be back!

CR2-34.png
    2.34: Near Misery
  • Options
    I'm going to jump on the introduction train!

My name is Erin in real life. Swcheppes was my first aol email/aim. It was after the gingerale but I didn't realize I had spelled it wrong until it was too late. I'm in my thirties so I've been playing sims a long time. But Sims 4 is the first time I read or wrote simlit.
    I love Disney and comic books. I also love doing crafty things like making jewelry and scrapbooking. I'm a stay at home mom who works part time at my local comic book shop. Born and raised in New York.
    I currently have 3 stories going at the moment, Disney Bachelorette, My Disney Legacy and my new story Super Dating. The sim in Super Dating is my simself!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    @lisabee2 Thanks! 3 more to go! :) I like your new avatar.

Introduction of me:
    I've been playing sims since 1999 when I became a stay-at-home mom. (so guess my age from there. My oldest is about to graduate high school.) I've worked various jobs from time to time, but mostly, I've been a stay at home mom. I'm now a student at West Georgia, majoring in Mass Communications. I want to be a copy editor, but being a script supervisor would be freaking awesome.
    I used to write for sims 1. When Sims 2 came out, I kept my stories in the separate family photo albums in game, not even realizing there was a whole community of writers still. For Sims 3, I went public again with my stories, starting in the forums and then going to Blogger.
    I did NOT want to switch to Sims 4, and part of me still hasn't. I'm still very much in love with my Sims 3 stuff, but I do have to admit that having the game load in one minute instead of 45 is VERY NICE. I can't play without writing about it later. Since Sims 2, that's just how I play. (not saying I always go that route. 2 of my S3 stories are write-first-shoot-later.) As you've seen, I make poses. If they look similar to what you've already seen, that's not on purpose. I can make a pose faster than I can find it--as in, find EXACTLY what I'm looking for because if I'm going to go through the trouble of posing my sims, I'm going to get exactly what I want.

And class is starting again. They do that. :P
  • Options
    So I have a question. Juniper used to be a vampire and then I used the cheat to turn her back to a Human but she still has vampire weaknesses. She can't eat anything because she throws up afterwards, is there a way to fix that?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    New Blanc update!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2017
    @TheGeekGamez Happy Birthday!!! <3<3<3 As a birthday gift let me make an offer to you. I noticed you mentioned you'd like to move your story to your own website. When I'm done helping @pammiechick I can help you with that as well if you want and if don't mind using Weebly to host your site.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    @Maladi777 That would be amazing! I've been messing around with wordpress for a while now, but it just isn't working for me. Thank you so much!! <3
  • Options
    Happy Birthday!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm back! I had an amazing weekend and my boyfriend and I really got the chance to play tourist! :lol:
    I'm happy to be back, though. And have an entire afternoon to catch up :)
    Here comes one heck of a post...

@Maladi777
    Do you ever feel bad for making your characters suffer?
    I don't think I make my characters suffer enough to feel guilty about it... yet :lol:

And I love the Tony fanart and the fanart @Marialein made! You must feel so honoured! <3

@mypalsim1 Those pose packs are amazing! You are super talented! I wish I had the patience to learn how to do that!

@lisabee2 Congratulations on your MaxisFavourite! <3

@LillyDoves Welcome to our reading circle! So glad to have you here, I'll take a peek at your story soon-ish! Good luck catching up, I believe you have quite some stories of monstrous sizes to read. Binge-reading is the best reading ;)
    I'm a cat person too, I'll do an introduction of myself :)

I'm Sterretjeee or Sterre, whichever one you prefer.(Just like MariaLein, tjeee is a way to make something little) Adult in age (Barely) and kid in heart. I'm also Dutch and a cat-, dog-, horse-, basically just an animal-person!(My 5 cats and dog prove that) Right now I'm studying at a university of applied sciences, and soon I will start studying Pedogical sciences at an actual university. No time for a job, barely time for sims :lol:
    My story is a BuildNewcrest legacy challenge, because I fail at building big time and hope to learn! It's currently at gen 3 and follows the Graces and whatever happens in their lives.

@TheGeekGamez I can't build you a website, I can congratulate you in our native language :lol:
    Gefeliciteerd en een hele fijne verjaardag!
    70cc40437e3b042d26fa826a16482600.jpg
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee Bedankt! :) Zoveel mensen spreken er nou ook weer geen nederlands, dus het is nog steeds uniek! :)
  • Options
    I hope everyone is having a good day or night depending on where you live. Isobel aged up into a pretty interesting child, she's gonna give Juniper gray hairs no doubt. I somehow managed to post three chapters today. Isobel
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @LillyDoves Hello and welcome! It's lovely to have you here!

My name is Maruska, which is an old-fashioned diminutive of name Maria in my language. I'm currently living in Czech Republic, although I was born and raised in Slovakia (it's almost the same thing, though :smile: ). I study medicine - that means I don't hang around here as much as I'd like and I have exams pretty much all year long and I annoyingly whine about it here all the time, so yeah, brace yourself! :lol:
    And if I was a sim, I would be a foodie, nature lover, geek, hopeless romantic and unfortunately, hot-headed.

My main and only story is More than a Princess and it's a disney legacy story. It's my first attempt at writing, so it's rather clumsy, but in my humble opinion, I'm getting better with time.

@Sterretjeee @TheGeekGamez Wow, Dutch language sure uses a lot of double vowels! It looks interesting, though. Very exotic - if I just saw it somewhere without context, I would never guess it's european! :smile:
  • Options
    New episode of Super Dating!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options