Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me understand FPS?

2...Next

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    I'd just like to add, don't focus on your FPS as the end-all-be-all of your game play. Unless you are noticing a problem, just turn on V-Sync and enjoy your game. Checking the FPS will drive you crazy because this game fluctuates so much and there is nothing that can be done on our end to really fix it.

Whenever you play any kind of 3D game, or use a visually demanding application, it's fairly typical that your computer will get louder as the fans speed up to keep up the needed cooling. :)

Agree with this, as long as you know Vsync is working then just play the game and don't let fps bother you.
    @mariah6194
    The general fan noise is normal too. it's the high pitched noise that can indicate extremely high fps. Known as coil wine it can typically come from your gpu or power supply.. if you want to know what that noise is just youtube it LOL.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Awesome, thanks for the responses! I definitely feel at ease and more knowledgeable on the whole thing haha.

And yeah @chesterbigbird I actually searched it on YouTube the other night, I definitely don't hear that noise thankfully :D
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the responses! I definitely feel at ease and more knowledgeable on the whole thing haha.

And yeah @chesterbigbird I actually searched it on YouTube the other night, I definitely don't hear that noise thankfully :D

That's good.
    Just enjoy your game, everything is running as it should ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide