Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

Comments

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I'm in contact with UK's consumer rights right now as it seems sort of wrong that a developer can sell you a product, then break it with an update and then you can't refund it :/
    EA has a 30 day refund policy but the games dont break during that time. The problem is that software is handled differently than a car or other electronic devices which all have at least 2 years warranty.

On that note the patch revealed another issue. The visual blasting radio bug. Obviously a new animation was designed for no appearent reason and turned off radios are visually blasting music without sound. Did we get a fix? No. A player in his/her free time designed a mod to patch it. How do we know about this mod? Because rose is promoting it.

I dont understand this policy. In any other comment rose advises people to disable mods to see if they cause problems and now rose promotes mods we should use. And probably didnt test them before promoting them because the devs obviously are unable to do what a player does in his free time.

This is beyond irrational and irresponsible!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2017
    I
    Zasz wrote: »
    I'm in contact with UK's consumer rights right now as it seems sort of wrong that a developer can sell you a product, then break it with an update and then you can't refund it :/
    EA has a 30 day refund policy but the games dont break during that time. The problem is that software is handled differently than a car or other electronic devices which all have at least 2 years warranty.

On that note the patch revealed another issue. The visual blasting radio bug. Obviously a new animation was designed for no appearent reason and turned off radios are visually blasting music without sound. Did we get a fix? No. A player in his/her free time designed a mod to patch it. How do we know about this mod? Because rose is promoting it.

I dont understand this policy. In any other comment rose advises people to disable mods to see if they cause problems and now rose promotes mods we should use. And probably didnt test them before promoting them because the devs obviously are unable to do what a player does in his free time.

This is beyond irrational and irresponsible!

Hello @Zasz
    I am not connected with the Developers. I am just a simmer.
    I posted the name of the mod because of what ClaimingTheFifth helpfully posted about it,

]
    It seems that someone over at MTS has done a mod fix for the stereos. I was in a hurry when I saw it and am way too tired to dig it out but it's a very recent - like today - post. :/

This is what I then posted :
    Hello
    The link to the mod is
    Stereo VFX Fix
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=595014
  • Options
    I am not connected with the Developers. I am just a simmer.
    I apologize in that case. Indications make it appear that you work full time as some form of forum mod with certain responsibilities.

But that doesnt change my opinion about the issues. It actually makes it worse. I had a little hope that one representative or ambassador-ish person were here but now I know for sure, there isnt. This also helped me to decide if I buy another pack for this game. I wont. This isnt your fault. You helped, as usual.
  • Options
    DuvernoyLysisDuvernoyLysis Posts: 28 Member
    @zasz, can you tell me why I have all the expansions packs, and I have no lag? I play with the same family since september 2014, and I have a lot of générations...
    However I play on a laptop and it has only 4gb ram... and my graphic card is a nvidia 820M!
    The only thing I made is playing without internet...
  • Options
    First of all Im abit skeptical about your claim. Second, the issue isnt necessarily connected to our hardware as a vastly superior hardware to a 3 years old laptop should be capable of handling a 4 year old game. At least thats the general experience with "older" games.

Someone made the argument that games sometimes cant cope with certain hardware. I wonder how other game developers managed to not have that issue with older games. Hardware and games are connected through the operating system. If the operating system can work with the hardware, so can a game. Unless there is some exotic piece of hardware involved. Then I might agree.

But as I explained several times, if the game runs smooth (graphics, animations) but the sims just stand around, checking out the room but not really responding to commands then I have a hard time accepting the claim that my hardware is preventing the command queue to execute commands. In any other games thats a code issue, not a hardware issue.
  • Options
    MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    @zasz, can you tell me why I have all the expansions packs, and I have no lag? I play with the same family since september 2014, and I have a lot of générations...
    However I play on a laptop and it has only 4gb ram... and my graphic card is a nvidia 820M!
    The only thing I made is playing without internet...

Not every PC or laptop is the same and you could indeed just be very lucky to not have those bugs! :smile:
    Or you might and you do not notice it since it's not so bad? Maybe it also depends on the way you play. They are bugs after all and these things usually don't affect everyone.

I wish I could say I don't have these problems with the game. But unfortunately I do and my PC is not even that bad... at least I thought it could handle Sims 4 since it can easily handle far heavier games :(

I really hope the devs find a way to fix this. Because I fear the game might set itself on fire once pets arrive and nothing has be done about this. It would also be a horrible solution to just let it go without giving out a proper fix. I remember how frustrating Sims 3 was in that regard. That was not fun and I sincerely hope they can fix it in a better way than just: "Disable some expansion packs and it will work again."

It would be nice to hear if they're actively working on this or if there has been any progress or more things we could do on our end to prevent these issues.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Zasz wrote: »

Which is why I'm in contact with UK's customer rights. They gave me legal grounds on which I could claim for a full refund, or even take them to court. Unfortunately due to hectic schedule I was not able to chat with EA yet, but I fully intend to.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I've cleaned my mods out, there's nothing corrupting in them.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it's running a bit more smoothly but not as smoothly as it should.

Hope they fix this soon.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    The 8am schoolbus lag is driving me insane.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    lmusic wrote: »
    The 8am schoolbus lag is driving me insane.

@lmusic I haven't had this, but a friend told me a specific kid would cause schoolbus lag while others would not. Any truth to this? Have you tried having certain kids stay home sick while others attend to see if some cause this while others don't?

I imagine if my friend was correct, that might be useful info for the bug fix team.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I absolutely agree. I have a empty save file with all my custom lots and everything ready to start playing. Every 4 generations or so, I have the trouble of saving all my families and replacing them in this new save. I envy players with huge family trees, I don't know how you guys do it because my save is unplayable after some time. I experience all you described and I fear the day we will be back to The Sims 3 standard all over again. EA needs to step up and quick.
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member

Clearing your cache can prevent gameplay issues.

The Sims 4: Clear Cache, Manage Saves & Fixing Broken Games
    www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Art wrote: »
    Clearing your cache can prevent gameplay issues.

The Sims 4: Clear Cache, Manage Saves & Fixing Broken Games
    www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

ROFL sorry dont mean to be rude but do most of the people talking here look like there new to this game we have it beaten into us clear cache, remove mods, do factory reset, repair game. these things are said almost every second post about ever bug( which there are and have been a lot). No offence rosemeow :).

Clearing the cache only temp fixes the problem. The problem is systemic and we had similar problems in sims 3 and they were Never Fixed that is why were concerned its looking like the sims team are just chugging ahead with content and lag that's been around scenes cl came out aren't getting fixed.

Shame I wont be buying any more content till it is

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017
    geoffreypa wrote: »
    Clearing the cache only temp fixes the problem. The problem is systemic and we had similar problems in sims 3 and they were Never Fixed that is why were concerned its looking like the sims team are just chugging ahead with content and lag that's been around scenes cl came out aren't getting fixed.

Dude, longer than CL. Anyone remember that old thing where you might save and you got an error code saying the game can't save? That problem seemed related to time distortion too. This is likely an issue that existed since release, it's just that it gets progressively worse with each pack because more content = more processing power demanded from your computer = more potential for errors and distortion.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    didn't know that was the course :). Yeh I do remember it
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Is it just me or those bug are getting worse with the new upgrade & new GP ? Before these two my game was fine, got some time distortion but lag was pretty rare. Now i often have time distortion and lag, even the pause is bugged. I press pause and sometime time and animation keeps going on and it take 30 seconds or more to quit pause. I've started a new save and it didn't change anything.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Is it just me or those bug are getting worse with the new upgrade & new GP ? Before these two my game was fine, got some time distortion but lag was pretty rare. Now i often have time distortion and lag, even the pause is bugged. I press pause and sometime time and animation keeps going on and it take 30 seconds or more to quit pause. I've started a new save and it didn't change anything.

Something has gotten worse because now all of a sudden my computer keeps overheating and shutting off. And I used to play TS3 on this thing for hours and it never shut off once!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Something has gotten worse because now all of a sudden my computer keeps overheating and shutting off. And I used to play TS3 on this thing for hours and it never shut off once!

Have you posted to the Technical forum here at all about that? It sounds like you've got hardware failing - fans or the graphics card or the power supply.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Have you posted to the Technical forum here at all about that? It sounds like you've got hardware failing - fans or the graphics card or the power supply.

It just started doing this yesterday. I started playing today and it's shut off twice.
    Edit: And when I restart it it tells me it shut off due to high temperatures. I've never had this happen since I bought 2 years ago. And all I do on it is play the Sims.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2017

It just started doing this yesterday. I started playing today and it's shut off twice.
    Edit: And when I restart it it tells me it shut off due to high temperatures. I've never had this happen since I bought 2 years ago. And all I do on it is play the Sims.

I had a power supply fail and all I play is The Sims. No idea if The Sims hastened its demise or just was the only thing I did that triggered it to actually shut down, but The Sims is demanding (for the record, it started failing in Sims 3, and Sims 4 was when I finally took my rig in to get it replaced). I'd suggest posting details to the Technical forum - what you're doing in the game when it shuts down, if it seems to shut down after the same amount of time each time, whether it powers itself back up or not, and your computer specs (Look up your DxDiag info, export it to a text file, and copy and paste it all. It will take multiple posts, but that's okay. Here's how: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13329932/#Comment_13329932.).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I had a power supply fail and all I play is The Sims. No idea if The Sims hastened its demise or just was the only thing I did that triggered it to actually shut down, but The Sims is demanding (for the record, it started failing in Sims 3, and Sims 4 was when I finally took my rig in to get it replaced). I'd suggest posting details to the Technical forum - what you're doing in the game when it shuts down, if it seems to shut down after the same amount of time each time, whether it powers itself back up or not, and your computer specs (Look up your DxDiag info, export it to a text file, and copy and paste it all. It will take multiple posts, but that's okay. Here's how: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13329932/#Comment_13329932.).

Thank you!
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2017

My game did something odd yesterday. I gave Command to the father in my current sim family to pick up his toddler after he was finished eating and the game froze on me. Not in a frozen cant do anything but a frozen the sims are still nodding and blinking, radio still playing and yet I could press pause and it wouldn't or I could try to go to build mode and it would but the sims would still be in the background moving with the radio still playing. This has never happened in my game before and I ended up having to restart my computer. :( I did repair my game and it hasn't happened since but I was like what the heck? I have noticed more lag. But I am a huge family player as well. I try not,to use the speed 3 button but sometimes I cannot help it. I really hope this is fixed
    Post edited by Noree_Doree on
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2017

When I first loaded up after parenthood, I was experiencing this. I did a factory reset, clear cache and repair game. ( I clear cache after ever session anyway) That seems to stop the delayed pause and reduce some lag. But however I now still have lag ( before actions register) but in one house only. It is the biggest house with 7 residents. I went through my played households on sat and removed everything from personal inventory.

I havent been well the last few days so I don't know if it's improved. I think I was also try saving that house and evicting the sims - and moving them back in. Because one member of that household has one rock stuck on her inventory.
  • Options
    VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    It's very frustrating to play this game when Sims are just staring blankly around the house or anywhere, and I'm going to be honest, I never save my game anymore and don't play for very long because of the simulation lag, the Sims 4 is literally only good for building and CAS but other than that live mode isn't worth the time or effort if I can't get anything done.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    It's really annoying, surely this can be fixed!?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top