Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 vs sims 3 camera

while playing the sims 4, do you prefer using the sims 4 camera or the sims 3 camera? and why? any feedback greatly appreciated.

i was reading a link about build mode yesterday and finally discovered how you are able to place objects diagonally. the guide stated that you must use the sims 3 camera to rotate the object. i haven't tried it yet as my world i'm currently playing in is already set up.

this got me to wondering if i should just use the sims 3 camera as my default camera in sims 4. what are the pros and cons?

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    TS3 camera all the way!!!
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    thanks for the feedback. sounds like i've been using the wrong camera option for quite awhile now. :o
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sims 3 camera is far superior to the default Sims 4 camera. Sims 4's camera was built for a laptop trackpad (click & drag, two finger twist to rotate camera, pinch to zoom). Mouse controls are very odd.

I don't know why they chose to make Sims 4 camera the default option. By all means a laptop friendly control setup is great, but it makes no sense for a desktop user to have to adapt to backwards controls instead of making the default option the familiar option.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I am so used to TS4 camera, I tried using TS3 one and I just couldn't do it. I don't have any experience with that camera because I actually skipped TS3 entirely and never played it. I do really like how there's more you can control with it but it feels really awkward considering I'm so used to TS4 camera.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    My favorite is definitely the TS4 camera, since i find it way easier to use. The TS3 one really annoyed me the few times I used it :joy:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    I use the TS4 default camera options because of the click and drag. Its so much easier and saves time. I play the game on a desk top but I just think the way the camera is set up is just better. When I go back and play TS2 or TS3 the camera just annoys me because I can't click and drag.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I honestly can't give much of an opinion on the TS4 one. When I got the game I remember hating it so much I quickly changed over to the TS3 controls and never looked back. Now I'm wondering if I'm missing out.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    One thing I miss about ts3 camera is the tilt. By pressing shift alt a and d. At least I think that was the controls. It made some pretty screenshots :(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,507 Member
    I much prefer the Sims3 camera. I love being able to zoom right into the action, as to looking at things from above. The Sims4 camera reminds me of the limitations on the camera from Sims Medieval. My daughter said it was more like the original Sims camera. She's played since the first game. Although, she really didn't care for Sims3. But, she loves Sims4!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    TS4 camera controls are much more intuitive (more like other games do it, too), can be used faster for a quick zoom-in to a situation, tab mode also negates the argument of the camera tilt being fixed.

I only use the TS3 camera for building if I want it to look more realistic and nice, because it allows you to rotate objects freely when pressing Alt+LMB.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    while playing the sims 4, do you prefer using the sims 4 camera or the sims 3 camera? and why? any feedback greatly appreciated.

i was reading a link about build mode yesterday and finally discovered how you are able to place objects diagonally. the guide stated that you must use the sims 3 camera to rotate the object. i haven't tried it yet as my world i'm currently playing in is already set up.

this got me to wondering if i should just use the sims 3 camera as my default camera in sims 4. what are the pros and cons?

I much prefer TS3 style but I find that TS4 style is the only way I can operate the camera with just the mouse.
    I can't get the Y axis swivel to work in TS3 style, (for some reason the scroll wheel method doesn't work for me) nor can I can rotate the lot without either opening the camera menu or using the keyboard.

Hence I mostly just suffer with the TS4 style camera.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I much prefer the Sims 3 camera. Not a fan of the sims 4 camera.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    TS3 camera. I am glad we have it as an option.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    TS3 option, the TS4 one is awful to me.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Ts4 camera
    Forsome reason the ts3 one confuses me .
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I prefer the TS4 camera. I only use the other one rarely during building for certain things.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2017
    I loved the TS4 camera when the game first came out but after switching back and forth from TS3 - TS4 I got use to using the TS3 camera and after using it for awhile I started liking it better

The more you use it the easier it becomes until its just second nature
    TszwvJw.png
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    TS3 camera, by far. I'm used to it and I like it, so there's no reason to change. That said, I wish they added the tilt and controls that the original Sims 3 camera had. Without the tilt, there's no other choice than pressing tab all the time.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would love to use the TS3 if they gave us arrows to move it up and down. I don't like pressing the mouse wheel.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I prefer the Sims 4 camera. The Sims 3 camera works great for me in Sims 3, but not in 4 (probably because you can't tilt the camera). In Sims 4 mode I don't have that issue.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Well since I've played the sims 4 more than sims 3, sims 4 all the way. I like how you hold it then move, I hate using the keyboard for moving around
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    When I installed The Sims 4 onto a new computer, I forgot to switch the camera controls to Sims 3, and I moved a family onto a lot. HOLY PLUM, that was the worst mistake I've made with the game. It's so hard to describe, but definitely terrible. If the Sims 3 camera option wasn't a thing, then I would most likely be in the "I Hate Sims 4" camp on the forums right now.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Sims 3 camera. I wouldn't touch the TS4 camera with a ten foot pole.
    EiFlric.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    T3 camera it works better for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen