Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it true that traits affect where Sims prefer to hang out?

xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
I placed a dance club down in Sunset Valley and it's basically always empty, even in the late hours of the night. It seems that sims prefer hanging out in front of the movie theater, at parks, arcades, etc. do traits have an influence on where inactive sims go?

Edit: I do have the NRAAS story progression mod in if that offers any insight.

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Yes bookworm sims are more likely to go to a library,athletic sims most likely hang out at the gym etc....Your avatar is very cute and unique kinda like Lady Gaga with better eyes nice job on her :love:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, traits do affect what lot assignments sims will prefer to visit. But I'm not sure how rabbit holes like the movie theater affect where sims go. For lot assignment and trait preferences see the wiki:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lot_assignment

For example, dance clubs "attract Daredevils, Party Animals and Athletic Sims, but repel Bookworms, Loners, Cowards, Snobs and Shy Sims. Sims in the Music career are also more likely to visit this lot." From here.

NRaas SP pushes sims to visit various lots in ways that are different than EA's version. Since moving to NRaas SP I notice that inactive sim parties are usually sparsely attended. LN clubs and lounges can vary dramatically depending on whether the lot is a hot spot for the night. To make community lots decently attended by residents I've been relying on NRaas MC>Basic>Invite Over command. If you go that route invite more sims than you want to stay; many will leave within a hour or so to do something else (usually visit rabbit holes, and I'm not sure what is pushing them to do that).

Lastly, if you are using the testing version of NRaas GoHere, that might be affecting things. My last sim who visited Oasis Landing found virtually every community lot empty until I removed GoHere.

Also check out this NRaas page for tips on how to get more sims to show up at bars, restaurants, etc: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Businesses
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    My community lots are usually almost deserted in Deery Meadows because the town's population isn't very big yet as it's a newly settled town.It might get more crowded in the community lots when the town's been around longer and has a bigger population.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Ahaha awww thanks but actually the lovely @Simasaurus09 made her for a challenge some of us are participating in together. I just tweaked her a bit. So go shower her with praise for her adorable sim!

@TreyNutz I see, thanks for the input! I do have Go Here, I may remove it since I never use it anyway. I'm guessing it has to be that the sims in Sunset Valley only have base game traits so no ones really going to the dance clubs or bars. I've noticed the thing with sparse parties too, any thoughts on that? Will definitely check out the NRAAS tips page though, thank you!

@KaikoMikkusu Not the nightclub in SV lol. Otherwise, yes you're right.

@TadOlson Well, SV is already populated with a ton of sims, even more so now that some have had babies and whatnot. Places like the arcade and swimming pool are usually packed, with anywhere from 10-15 other sims there (that's packed for me lol) but never the dance club.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been playing in Deery Meadows and it's only just starting to get populated as I play it.I do have a game in Gibsons which is like Sunset Valley without the population because it was made with the SV terrain in CAW as my first project and I do have a legacy there.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I see, thanks for the input! I do have Go Here, I may remove it since I never use it anyway.
    NRaas GoHere provides a redo of world lot routing that is intended to be less prone to breakage than standard. It also allows for stacked "Go Here" type commands in sims' action queues. If your world's sims ever go outside to get someplace, then they are "using" the mod. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I see, thanks for the input! I do have Go Here, I may remove it since I never use it anyway.
    NRaas GoHere provides a redo of world lot routing that is intended to be less prone to breakage than standard. It also allows for stacked "Go Here" type commands in sims' action queues. If your world's sims ever go outside to get someplace, then they are "using" the mod. :)

So I should leave it in then?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017

So I should leave it in then?
    I would. It's a mixed blessing though if the mod is really responsible for empty community lots in Oasis. Never heard of this before, but right now I can't remember which version of the mod I had in play the last time I was there.

Anyway, most of us find it to be more helpful than harmful to our games. I'm sure the bottom won't fall out of your world if you remove it and you could always put it back again if you find something related to routing isn't working as well as it had before.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I would. It's a mixed blessing though if the mod is really responsible for empty community lots in Oasis. Never heard of this before, but right now I can't remember which version of the mod I had in play the last time I was there.

I was using 44g. I was going to post on the testing version page, but didn't get around to it.