Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flesh-Colored Triangle Glitch

BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
Hi! I noticed with my alien twin toddlers that there was something odd floating over their heads, but couldn't figure out what it was. My human toddler has the same thing here:

03-22-17_3-50-59PM_zpszlyja27n.png

It floats at about a foot or two above the center of their heads, and as they move to look around it swivels and spins with their head movements. If they are the active sim, and standing still, the triangle is hidden inside the bottom third of the plumbob.

It's very small, but driving me crazy. Could someone please look into this when they have the chance?

Thank you! 8D
tCTe03l.png

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    If u have custom content, please remove it and put it in another folder. It could be cc.. I have had an issue but with the entire hair movin from the skull. Also try repairing game, play around with graphics and reset ur folders that @rosemow knows how to do
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello
    Try having the sims travel to another lot and see if it still remains there.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps if it remains . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I'll try that and get back to you. But it happens with 3 different hairs (all 3 cc I believe, but they can't all have the same glitch, right?). Be right back.
    tCTe03l.png
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    Hi,
    I just want to say that I noticed this glitch a while ago, but assumed I was just imagining things. After some time I simply forgot about it and haven't noticed it ever since. I did repair my game a few times, after that, for other reasons so that might have done the job for me.
    I don't use CC/mods. It's a really weird glitch, but do let us know if you managed to solve it.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
    edited March 2017
    HM. I didn't see it again after my toddler was in bed, BEFORE I did any of those things. But just in case, I checked for updates and repaired the game, and deleted everything in my folder except for the Mods, Saves, Tray, Screenshots, 3 settings ini's, and Reticulated files (because I don't want to de-goldify everything again). I also deleted my Resource config and the "saves 01" set.

I hopped in without the Mods folder and didn't see it, and after putting the Mods back in I can't see the triangle yet after the toddler got out of bed, so hopefully it stays gone like @simslover1145 said? =/

**Nope, it's back. Will have to play modless again and see if it does the same with more time...
    Post edited by BooV7227 on
    tCTe03l.png
    edited March 2017
    So my Mods are out, she's in her pjs because her main dress is cc, and it made me wonder- when I saw it on my alien toddlers, they had the same dress style (but the game swatches where she has a cc swatch)...

@simslover1145, what outfit was your toddler wearing when you saw the glitch, and did you stop seeing it after you changed his/her outfit?

**I don't see it without the mods, I'm going to play with them for now and see what I put on her.

It's not a big deal, just a small floating dot, so I'll play around and let you guys know if If I can pin it down to something.
    tCTe03l.png
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    @BooV7227
    I just went to quickly check the toddler I first noticed this on and everything looks normal. If I remember correctly, she was is her pyjamas (shirt and pants with matching swatches) when I noticed this, but I think that this has something to do with hair.

Now I feel bad for not taking the screenshot, but I was so overwhelmed with how cute toddlers were when they were released that I didn't even want to bother myself with it.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    So my Mods are out, she's in her pjs because her main dress is cc, and it made me wonder- when I saw it on my alien toddlers, they had the same dress style (but the game swatches where she has a cc swatch)...

@simslover1145, what outfit was your toddler wearing when you saw the glitch, and did you stop seeing it after you changed his/her outfit?

**I don't see it without the mods, I'm going to play with them for now and see what I put on her.

It's not a big deal, just a small floating dot, so I'll play around and let you guys know if If I can pin it down to something.

I am sorry that you have this issue. I hope that you are able to find the cause of the issue, or that it resolves itself.