Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    You are So very Good at designing rooms! Each one is so detailed and beautifully done. I cannot possibly pick a favorite... they're all Gorgeous! :blush:<3
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @The_Dismal_Scientist and @withlovejulien, thank you so much guys! :blush: I find that in houses I tend to create rather "safe" rooms, but when making singular ones I can sort of go crazy on the themes sometimes, which is a lot of fun!

@WrathofCath Thank you so much sweetie :heart: That means a lot :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Memories of Sylvan Glade

Gallery link

This is an entry for Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A Sylvan Glade themed dining room". My entry can be found here.

It was an exciting theme for this week, and I actually had an idea of how I wanted to execute it quite early.

I just did a fairy themed nursery in the previous challenge, so I knew I had elements from that I wanted to use for this dining room. Namely the trellis over the crib. I wanted to use that as a cover over the dining table instead. Had to do a bit of playtesting to make sure all the chairs would be usable, but it worked out well. It started out not being pink enough (as Sylvan Glades is quite pink) so I got the idea to try and hang some flowers on top. At first just around the edges, but then I ended up covering the entire thing, which I am glad I chose to do. It had exactly the effect I wanted.

The fireplace was added due to an inspiration photo. I thought it would be a fun (and somewhat unconventional) thing to add. I also included a bar and BBQ/food nook. I made sure there were lots of light, so it would still look magical in the evening, and added lots of flowers to give it that overgrown forest look.

Daytime photos:

RyURAhX.png
    mgvPMKq.png
    PtfDdxF.png
    DHJrACa.png
    krajkHe.png
    NelfSDM.png
    cA3wsC4.png

Nighttime photos:
    V8Uk9e7.png
    QueUWwj.png

Layout:

CYUyY3o.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2017
    I will repost here what I wrote on the challenge thread
    Memories of Sylvan Glade is such a very pretty outdoors dining room! :) The dining table pergola looks so very nice! The pink blossoms on the roofing and the greenery on the columns looks so very pretty and nature themed! It is a very nice setting for sims to enjoy eating their meals at the table! The type of dining chairs used looks elegantly nice. The type of lamps used go well in the room. The lantern lights tree looks so very nice in the room! The pink and purple flowers throughout the room look so very nice! The flowers look very pretty around the edges of the water fountain and the statue! The fireplace nook is very nice! The lattice flowers look pretty along the top edges of it, and stone wall texture looks great! The vases of pink flowers are a nice touch near the fireplace. When the outdoors weather gets coolish and in the evenings , sims would like warming up there. It looks great that the fireplace wall separates off the BBQ cooking area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals there on the BBQ. Very nice bar counter nook! The pink colour of the stools suits well the room theme.Sims will enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar, enjoying the outdoors air. The Fairy is pretty in the corner nook! Very nice seat bench sitting nook for sims to enjoy sitting resting in such a nice floral setting! The night time pictures are extra special! It looks so nice at night time!
    The room reflects Sylvan Glade very well! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    I always love to visit Sylvan Glade and you have portrayed your 'memories' so beautifully, awesome work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Pretty awesome! I love the effect of the hanging flowers on the trellis ... they actually look a bit like grapes, which would be a wonderful thing to have. (Oh, you've had your dinner and now you want some fresh fruit? Just reach up and pluck it off the vine; it doesn't get any fresher than that.)
    But flowers are good too ... imagine the scent! On the whole, the "overgrown forest" look is a winner.
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you kindly for reposting your review. Glad you liked the night time photos, I did too!

@masajo Thank you so much sweetie :blush:

@Xinqun Thanks! You know, I hadn't even considered the hanging grapes, but you are right! That would be pretty awesome! :smile:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @laebeth, Memories of Sylvan Glade is stunning!
  • Options
    @illusie Thank you :blush: Glad you like it!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Henley House

Lot size: 40x30
    Cost: $254,166
    4br, 3ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:

After a long time of only decorating I finally completed another house. I've been working at is slowly for quite some time now. This is also based on a house plan like many of my previous builds. Tudor is quite a new style for me, but I wanted to try something different. Rather than trying to stay true to the house plan I built the shell the same, but decided to do my own landscaping and exterior, so this will differ from the original. The link to the plan can be found here.

5JSAC00.jpg

I really tried to attack my second arch nemesis on this build. The first being roofing, the second is easily landscaping. I think I could have done more, but just to get it where it is now took so long, so I decided to just be satisfied with what I have. I also included a herb garden, which was a new and fun thing for me. I think it fits this type of housing quite well, more so than a pool (which is why I didn't include that). I tried to make the interior floor plan make sense. Here I also deviated quite a bit from the original plan. There was supposed to be a garage, but I made that my Master suite, so then things had to be moved around a little to not only make sense but to have a good flow.

Front view:

e1stJaV.png

Back view:

XNRM4my.png

Side views:

N9jLEje.png
    H7wYufC.png

More exterior images, close ups of the front garden and herb garden as well as a few night time views can be found under the spoiler if you wish to have a closer look.
    mmKLIS6.png
    ZeURcBh.png
    9up9w1F.png
    vIBY9q2.png
    mQjimvJ.png
    GlO4Lg0.png
    1e8MhNO.png
    ZmnUw7z.png

Night views:
    nVaeB34.png
    507CBLV.png
    LZE28St.png
    VwaSicm.png

Floor plan:

rjvM164.png
    aE6LgCL.png
    5vRDvMo.png

Interior:

The entry as you step into the house. An archway opening on both sides of the room.
    DW7P3aZ.png

The dining room:

zvKmMut.png
    MoKWSeo.png

The kitchen:

WFHtU9r.png
    AxxaQMk.png
    yyUVYRh.png

Hallway leading to the living room area:
    EwELexW.png

Living room:

CkeivGR.png
    VhC6XGB.png
    XrBeLjh.png

The Master Suite, the remaining bedrooms, the study and the bathrooms can be found under the spoiler if you wish to have a closer look at the rest of the house.
    The Master Suite consists is a wing on the first floor of the house and consists of a large bedroom with a walk in closet, and it's own en suite bathroom.
    j6XXIIu.png
    PI0967i.png
    VgbYYv5.png
    zHtVOLC.png

The first floor bathroom:
    IUie4gh.png
    byXcT1J.png
    HFPCMx1.png

The second floor bathroom:
    EsDN4YQ.png
    UeUk1aA.png

The first of the second floor bedrooms has a double bed, lots of storage and a vanity:
    dKrPo1H.png
    fMNC7Ug.png
    7IF2wCg.png

The second of the second floor bedrooms has two single beds, a dresser and a desk:
    cPtA6Ca.png
    fBpyabB.png

The last of the second floor bedrooms is decorated as a unisex toddler room:
    4atI6Jk.png
    IqYNHh3.png
    WLzeRAx.png

The hallway connecting the upstairs bedrooms and the study has a fish tank and a small reading nook and a fireplace:
    xq78rXR.png
    oOyfbHL.png
    JpcHomu.png

The study has plenty of storage for books, a table to read or use when researching and a desk with a computer:
    kHiTo8b.png
    QvKjIGF.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Henley House is a very nice Tuder home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! You have reflected the inspiration home so well, then added your own very creative ideas. The roofing looks very great! The flower box windows and the flowers on the edges of the home look very pretty! The water fountain is a nice touch in the front garden. Very nice roof covered back patio!, outdoors living and dining areas! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the patterned sofas having a chat or cooking meals on the BBQ and dining at the table in the outdoors air. The herb gardem nookn and the wishing well looks very nice there. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The clothes racks are homely touches in the foyer. Very nice brown and green colour scheme of the dining room. The wall pattern gives a very nice look to the room, The flowers, teaset and sculpture,are nice touches on the side wall table, and crockery display cabinet is a nice dining room touch. The type of dining seats used looks very nice. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The island bar stool and workbench looks great! The sunflowers are a sunny touch there for sims to see.The fruit bowl, wall plates, hanging pans , wall knives , sauces and egg basket are nice kitchen touches, The floral wall pattern looks very pretty! The white curtains look very nice there. Very nice living room nook areas! Nice chess nook under the stairs! The fireplace reading alcove is very nice! The bookcases look great placed either sides of the fireplace. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas, reading nesr the fire. The floral and fruit wall pictures, and flowers on the coffee table are pretty touches in the room. Very nice tv watching and siting nook, and the armchairs windows sittimg nook is a nice area to chat in the sunlight.and have a drink from the globe bar. Very nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms! The colour schemes and wall patterns look very nice! Very nice design of the study ! The books on the table, the globe, the computer desk nook and the wall of bookcases are very nice study room touches.
    It is a very nice and warming homely Tuder home! :)
  • Options
    Henley House is very pretty. Both the inside and outside fit the Tudor style very well. Great job!
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow and @illusie :blush: I'm glad you like it! This was the next step of my building&learning journey, and I did learn a lot actually, so it was a lot of fun! :heart:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    @Laebeth, you passed on to the next level then ;) The house is gorgeous.
    What is the next step of your building and learning journey?
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    @Laebeth Henley House is just beautiful. I love everything about it. I think I double-posted on your gallery. Sorry about that just delete it.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    @illusie Uhm, you know what that's a hard question really. hehe. I don't have a particular plan in mind, but I do try to take on something more challenging than what I did previously. Like with Henley House for example I really tried to work on the landscaping.

I tend to wait and see what inspires me. It could be I find a house with more elaborate roofing I want to try, or maybe I find a style of house I haven't tried before, or maybe more extravagant landscaping. It could be anything really :blush: Thank you for the kind words though, really :heart: It's people like you that pushes me to keep building!

@jazztizz Thank you so much sweetie :heart: On the gallery, are you Manfrengensenden? haha. That's the only person I saw double posting. But who cares? No harm done :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @jazztizz Thank you so much sweetie :heart: On the gallery, are you Manfrengensenden? haha. That's the only person I saw double posting. But who cares? No harm done :blush:

Yes that's me. I got that name when TS3 came out I think? Like 10 years ago but forgot about it. In case you're wondering that's what Kevin Kline says his name is during a hilarious scene in "A Fish Called Wanda." Actually I found the clip!

Seems I've misspelled it all these years. ("Harvey Manfren...jen...sen...den") :lol:
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @jazztizz love Fish called Wanda!
  • Options
    @jazztizz love Fish called Wanda!

Me too! Definitely one of my Top 5. I laugh so much every single time I watch it. Heh now I have to go find it and watch it again. =)
  • Options
    @laebeth, I agree that it is best to wait until you are inspired. It's the easiest way :)
    Something with elaborate roofing is fun to build. I do that with Victorian houses. I still have to try different architecture styles in the sims 4 too.
    You are welcome!
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Well done. I'd say the Tudor half-timbering looks even more convincing than the original. The roofing is as elaborate as might be expected ... and impressive for someone who has claimed to have difficulties with it! I really like the tall windows you've sent into some of the gables.
  • Options
    Why thank you @Xinqun :blush:

I think the roofing at this point is more of a confidence thing. I am not terrible at it, as I have put in a lot of work trying to get it right. I am happy with this build in terms of the roof, but it took me a long time. haha. I am still scared as hell to tackle it though, and I always do that first on a build. Rip the band aid you know :neutral: I think that's why I keep claiming to be bad at it, because it scares the hell out of me :p

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Henley House looks awesome! Beautiful architecture! Looks exactly like your inspiration pic! Well done! Also love the garden! Gorgeous landscaping! <3
  • Options
    Oh my @yanti68 , I forgot to answer your comment!

Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by! :blush: I so much appreciate it, and I'm glad you like it! I'm trying really hard to work on my landscaping skills, so it means a lot that you love it!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Hey giiirl! Long time no see! Apparently I've missed loads of your creations :o
    But as usual your work is absolutely STUNNING! You're just so creative, both with the architecture and the landscaping! Keep up the good work :smiley:<3