Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thank you @BreeMiles for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment :) You are too kind! Organization is my middle name :p Glad you like it <3
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    I will repost here what I wrote on the room challenge thread :)
    King's Head Pub is such a very nice place for the sims to hold their chess gathering and dance celebration! :) It is great idea to have the room as a pub! Very nice furnishing of the room! The green and black/brown colour scheme looks very nice! The wall pattern gives a very nice look to the room. Very nice layout of the pub! It is great that there is a fenced central dance floor area in the the middle of the room! The area looks great! Sims will enjoy dancing to the music there. The floor tiling looks very nice! The chess tables look nice placed on the edges of the dance floor area, for the sims to enjoy playing chess whilst other sims are dancing. The large chess pieces look great placed in the corner nooks. The type and placement of the curtains in the room looks very nice. Nice armchair sitting nook for sims to rest and have a chat. The shield is a great touch on the wall there, The booth sitting nook is very nice! The pictures on the nook wall add a great look to the area. Very nice bar counter area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there, having a drink from the bar. The cabinets look very nice how they have been placed around the wall mirror. The grandfather clock is a special touch in the corner nook in the room. The piano nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy listening and dancing to the piano music. The black curtains look very nice there. Very nice fireplace area. The fire will keep the room warm. The mirror on the wall and the dog statue and lamp are nice touches there.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! The chess club will enjoy gathering and dancing there! :)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Soooo awesome you started your own showcase Laebeth! B) And wow, a lot of amazing builds here, and some great rooms as well! Gonna have to look you up on the Gallery and follow you, looking forward to your future creations! <3
    edited March 2017
    Thank you @rosemow for reposting your kind review. That was not neccessary, but very much appreciated <3

And thank you @Corwim for stopping by my thread. It means a lot that you took the time to do that :) I'm glad you liked it! And I am humbled you want to follow me. I am already keeping my eye on your gallery! hehe :D

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Some really amazing creations in this thread @Laebeth!! I'm following you on the gallery from now on :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @FaithofKaela thank you for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment! I'm honored you want to follow me :) That means a lot for a newbie like me <3

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Wow! Gorgeous builds. I just spent time going over each of the photos. You did such a great job. Such a cool idea to get inspiration from photos and art work. I'm going to give that a try too. I think I'm following you so I'll be sure to check out your lots in game too. Do you have any cc? I see a lot of objects I don't have yet but I'm guessing that's because I don't have any stuff packs yet and several others. I can't decide which is my favorite. I loved every single one you posted.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    @Jazztizz Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! It must have taken some time to go through all of it, so i very much appreciate it :)

Using existing house plans and pictures helps me a lot since I'm not an experienced builder. It has taught me a lot! It can be very useful.

I do not use CC no :) But yes, I do have all of the packs etc. So that is going to be why I have more things :p

Thank you for the kind feedback<3 Very appreciated :) I am already following your showcase, but I always forget to follow people in the gallery. The showcases are so much better, because you see so many more photos and get a better sense of the build :) I'll remember to follow you in the gallery as well!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    @Laebeth my pleasure. You're really great at building and decorating. I'm new at building for TS4 too. There are some really great videos I hope to get time to view about building. Thanks for the follow! =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    King's Head

Lot size: 30x20
    Cost: $117,932
    Lot type: Bar

Gallery link

Inspiration: This is only the second time I do a build without a house plan to follow. When doing Rosemow's room challenge I made a room for the annual Chess dance celebration. I made a pub that can be found here. I liked the look of the pub so much, that I wanted to make it a complete pub. Because of the interior I had chosen it made sense it would be an old English style pub. I therefore looked at many different photos for inspiration, and took maybe one or two elements from different ones to make the exterior. I also had to do landscaping, and I am not very confident with this. I wanted a feeling of being overgrown. I could maybe have achieved this better, but I am really happy with the result nonetheless.

Front view:
    wv0huPq.png

Back view:
    cq2Wn55.png

More exterior:
    GoJOywN.png
    NowceUt.png

Floor plan:
    4TmXTHd.png
    LPM2pEN.png

The main room of the pub is a live music area. It has a dance floor and lots of seating for your Sim to sit down and enjoy some entertainment. This area also has it's own small bar nook so that guests can get another drink without having to miss out on the performance.
    bE9cyHz.png
    7cI2YIz.png

Next to the stage area there is a small dressing room for the entertainer to get ready before the performance.
    wWgULJD.png

The pub has a small gaming area where you can enjoy a game of foosball or chess in peace, without the disturbance of music or dancing guests.
    rdYJLWA.png

The bathroom facilities of the pub can be found in the basement. It's a bright and clean area where Sims can freshen up or use the restroom.
    mKN1YId.png
    UeiYEbK.png

The main bar of the pub is separate from the live music area, so that Sims here can enjoy a drink in peace while lounging in the different seating areas. Here you can also enjoy a game of dart, read a book or watch the football game on TV.
    rR4p4Up.png
    PjWvpyO.png
    sH2Wakd.png
    j7CObsK.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

King 's Head is a very pretty English pub! :). The roofing and the wall texture looks so very nice! The dormers look nice. The flower box wimdows are very nice touches in the build. The flowers and rocks look very nice on the edges of the home. Very nice front courtyard outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables in the sunshine haviing a drink. The wall lights look nice there. The flowers boxes and flower cart look very nice. The wishing well is a nice touch in the build. The stack of logs looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the venue! The black, browm and green colour scheme looks very nice. Very nice dance and music area! Sims will enjoy dancing on the central dance floor. The tables and chairs look nice placed around the edges of the dance floor. The grandfather clock is a nice touch in the corner nook. The piano nook is very nice! The curtains look nice there. The bar counter nook looks great there! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed on the wall in the bar areas of the pub! . It is nice that there is a dressing room for the pianist to prepare to perform. The gaming nook is great! Sims will have fun playing chess or foosball there. Very nice furnishing of the main bar counter area! Sims will enjoy sittting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat. The sofa seats , armchairs and bookcases nook looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book whilst having a drink. They will have fun playing darts there! The shield looks great on the wall. The green wall pattern looks nice and the brown wall paneling gives a very nice feel to the rooms in the venue.
    It is a very nice venue for sims to visit :)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Your pub is fantastic! It has a lot of charm. :smiley:
    edited March 2017
    @rosemow Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your in depth review! I can always count on you!

@StSciurus Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment (both here and the gallery even!). I appreciate it, and I'm glad you like it!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Nice going! Now I see what you mean about wanting the extension: the small, two-seater bar in the original room wouldn't have been enough to get the total pub feel, but the larger bar in the extended area completes the thing. I really like how you have the three symmetrical bays in front, and then the asymmetrical dormers above to break it up and give it a more "old country" feel.
    @Xinqun Yes! I'm glad you see my plight! haha. Well, what *was* my plight anyways. I could of course have rebuilt the entire original room, but part of the challenge was to keep it as close to the original as possible. Since I decided to make a dance venue in a pub style, I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I could make it into a pub. After all, if people liked the original room, there would be no point in using it if it can't fit in a pub or other type of establishment they wanted to use it for? Right? And then my room would be pointless. That's why I set out to try and make this work.

And yes, I wanted that extension so I could make a proper bar area. If not I wouldn't have had a pub but... I don't know. A dance venue? haha.

Thank you for the feedback :) That makes me feel better, since I am still not very confident about the actual building process. Interior is fine, but I struggle with the exterior and landscaping.

Now I'm going to do the same for my Ice Blue Winter Bath. With all those weird angels I am determined to make it work in a complete house :p

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Your Ice Blue Winter Bath will be very nice in your new home that you are planning to,build :) I hope that your work on the house goes very well :)
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    You have beautiful homes in here of all types and I just love your creativity and style! Hugs!
    :heart::heart:@BreeMiles Thank you sweets :heart:

@Brennachan Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment :) It means a lot to me :heart:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Hey there! Thank you for visiting my showcase!

You have some really nice builds too, and I always like it when people tell a story with their houses. It just makes it so much more personal.

Bookmarked!
    dgvibNQ.png
    @The_Dismal_Scientist Thank you for stopping by my corner! :heart:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    Don't mind me, just here to praise the King's Head.

Absolutely love the style and the space usage of the inside. Colors compliment eachother very well too, it's just an amazing build overall. Now I'll go checkout the rest of your stuff!
    sig11.png
    edited March 2017
    Haha! Welcome to my little corner @Samaramon !

I'm glad you liked King's Head. I actually *very* much appreciate the compliment on colors. For as long as I can remember I have been bad at colors, and not so much in obvious clashes, but more subtle nuances. I just can't see it. My mum has that special gene, and she keeps reminding me I don't :p So I tend to stick with very safe combinations.

I think the pub for me was special because I feel the exterior and whole interior was true to the style I wanted. For some of my builds that is not always the case :p haha.

Enjoy having a browse through what I like to call "My journey from 'Look it's a box" building style to 'Hey I made a roof and stuff' " :D

And yes I am in fact already stalkin......errrrr following you in the gallery.... o:)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    I'm gonna stalk you just as well, I -love- that white bathroom on page 1! Along with everything you showcased, really! You really have a good eye for screenshots as well, on some of them I had to do a double-take to make sure they're not a reference photo and indeed an in-game screenshot :)
    sig11.png
    @Samaramon White bathroom? Oh, the one with the blue floor/tiles? That actually got favorited by Maxis :) My first ever Maxis fave :star: (and so far only one)

I'm actually in the process of trying to make that bathroom into en entire house. So far I haven't gotten the exterior quite right though, so still a WIP ;)

And thank you for the kind feedback on my screenshot skillz! haha. That's the first time I've gotten a compliment for that actually :p
    I do have an interest in photography in real life, and I am always very particular about what I'm taking photos of and thinking of angles etc. I think that has been transferred into taking screenshots too :blush:

I was looking at your webpage actually, and that Cottageliscious looks even better when seeing all the screenshots. That garden is to DIE for. Holy moly I need to have that somewhere in my game! I suck at landscaping still, so I'll take a good garden any day. I loved how you spent all the funds on the garden and then had to make some harsh cuts. hehe. The garden was worth it though! So very very worth it!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger