Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the store closed? I can't accesss it.

Uhm, so for many months I could not get into the site on the sims3.com page. Now I can finally log in, but I am only getting error when I try to get something in the store. If I go to buy simpoints, it brings me to Origin, but origin doesn't load or anything. Origin is bugged for me, says I am online two places at once etc, but I only have origin on my desktop (and I have not lost password etc etc etc) - so it keeps logging me off. Anyway, I can't seem to bypass Origin in the sims3 store either. What is going on? I'm trying to use my money, but seems like they dont want it anymore?

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    The store is still open. I've been getting in everyday to try to watch the sponsor paid ads and do the MMAO... :)

Maybe try to clear out your IE history and deleting you browser history and cookies to see if that will work.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I cleared and deleted everything about two weeks ago but this is an issue I've had for so long now, it's getting insane. I thought back then that it was just an issue when TS4 came out, (relocating simgurus and things went to the backburner or something) but it's still not working for me.

• Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Have you tried a different browser?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I use Chrome. IE doesn't even open thesims3.com, gives me an error on the webpage. :sweat: The Origin page loads in FF and I can view the Points (Almost choked at the price but that's beside the point, haha). But I haven't dared purchased yet because even way back when, I could only use IE. Whenever I forgot and tried using FF (and later Chrome) to get into the store, it would bork out on me.

How come I can't purchase this in the Origin program? Atleast when I checked, it didn't give me any results when I looked for simpoints, but it does when I look it up on the webpage.
  • Options
    marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    I have had troubles as well. I can't log in using the store page, I have to open the comunity page to be able to log in. And since november I haven't been able to watch any simpoint bonus videos. Something is wrong with the store page :(
  • Options
    rachiesaucerachiesauce Posts: 58 Member
    I have been having problems with the store as well, but mine are with the make me an offer page and gifting between me and some users but not all. I went back and forth in the EA help chat and was eventually asked to make a topic on the EA help forums.

Here's that topic.

Feel free to chime in there. I welcome you all to my topic. I sincerely hope it helps get some of these things fixed.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member

Well this is terrible. I was in the store just two days ago and now I can't access it. I need to download my kids decor. I have a lot of it!
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Well this is terrible. I was in the store just two days ago and now I can't access it. I need to download my kids decor. I have a lot of it!

Have you trying cleaning your cache and cookies from your browser?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was able to go directly to The Sims 3 store by entering it into my search window, and it took me straight there. But I didn't try to buy anything. But the site does appear to still be active.
  • Options
    persimonpersimon Posts: 4 New Member
    I tried to go to the sims 3 store about 20 minutes ago and it was down (still is). Used a couple of different browsers, private (cache-less) windows, and the http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ site.
    I noticed a similar issue yesterday, but it cleared up pretty quickly; hopefully this one too.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I can't log in with my launcher, or in game, and I can't stay logged on at the store site either. I was able to earlier today; now I keep getting logged out. This means I can't download or upload from the Exchange, and that's a real problem for me. It also means that if I have to, I can't redownload any of the content I've purchased.

I've deleted the browser cache of both IE and Edge, but no difference. I can initially log in to the store site, but if I refresh the page, I'm no longer logged in. It's very frustrating.
  • Options
    K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Somehow the store is down for me D: I wanted to go on a shopping spree today... but welp... doesnt seem to work.