Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    A Siggy question.

Everyone has awesome siggies that promote your stories very well. All I have is a picture from when I was (well still am) hosting the TS3 Apocalypse Challenge tournaments. I would like to create one for my story now that I have become brave enough to actually share it with a wider audience. I don't have photoshop but I know there are some free programs that are available that might do a decent enough job.

Any suggestions?
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @AudreyFld first off, congrats on catching up with all the stories! I still have so far to go... but I plan on reading more tonight!

Secondly, I primarily use a program called Photoscape to make my signature (and avatar). It's free and pretty easy to use! You can do effects and add lettering and even make gifs :)
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 - thanks. I will check it out this evening. :smiley:
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @AudreyFld Gimp is basically a free photo shop. It's what I use for everything.

If you want, I don't mind making a siggy for you. I'm not amazing or anything, but just putting that out there.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    edited March 2017
    I want to take a minute to tell you all how much I'm appreciating the kindness and positivity in our circle :heart: You're all so lovely and I appreciate you for making this thread a comfortable and positive place for all... and so welcoming too, including to occasional lurkers from outside our circle! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    @Arrowleaf - That would be amazing. You have to be better than me since I only linked a picture and didn't make it!
    edited March 2017
    @AudreyFld No problem! Just link me to some picture(s) you'd want in the siggy and what text you want on it. ^_^
    Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    I want to take a minute to tell you all how much I'm appreciating the kindness and positivity in our circle :heart: You're all so lovely and I appreciate you for making this thread a comfortable and positive place for all... and so welcoming too, including to occasional lurkers from outside our circle! :heart:

Also I agree! This group is so kind.
    4s8gctV.png
    Agreed! This is an awesome group. I feel privileged to be a part of it! :smiley:
    edited March 2017
    I read a couple more chapters tonight! But I'm so slow :bawling: I feel awful for how slow I am. Please forgive me haha I'll try to set aside more reading time tomorrow than I did today! I may even start reading another story too! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
    No apologies. You have had a rough 2 weeks working every day! Blah.
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Awww, reading through this gives me all the feels.

I think we've shown we're all committed to reading each other's stories. We are having good discussions and have shown we'll be active on this thread when we can.

That sounds to me like we can go ahead and add ourselves to the reading circle thread. What do you all think?
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @cecerose0208 I think CathyTea had already put us up there as IDK, but I guess we can legitimize our reading circle name because our reading circle name there is super long. I think Barbara is a good name becasue I don't think anyone had other ideas for names. Or if there are, I'm still voting for barbara, hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    edited March 2017
    How about we just lose the middle and go with Barbara - A United Reading Heptagon

Unless we feel that his stil too long. Then maybe Barbara's Reading Heptagon?
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Just dropping in to say I've got 3 more stories to go till I'm caught up! Still stuck in jury duty :sob:
    Cement wrote: »
    Just dropping in to say I've got 3 more stories to go till I'm caught up! Still stuck in jury duty :sob:

Sorry to hear you are still stuck. I have only been picked once and it was yucky but only took theee days. Sounds like this ne is much more intense.
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    How about we just lose the middle and go with Barbara - A United Reading Heptagon

Unless we feel that his stil too long. Then maybe Barbara's Reading Heptagon?

@AudreyFld Ooh, I love both! As long as the barbara is in there I'm in! Haha.
    LMAO, I don't know why but I'm also feeling very attached to Barbara as an important part of our circle name. Barbara's United Reading Heptagon is what sounds good to me. Or to go super short: Barbara's Heptagon.

I was feeling happy for myself that I'm all caught up, but we all keep posting new chapters, so I'm technically not caught up anymore, haha. Adding 5 new stories to keep up with feels a bit overwhelming, but luckily I'm pretty invested in all these characters and their stories, so I don't mind keeping up.
    You're still doing so much better than me @cecerose0208 ! I feel so behind! But I'm trying!

And I'm cool with keeping the Barbara in the title for sure :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    I vote for Barbara - A United Reading Heptagon

Also, I know! I was caught up on 3 people's stories here but then most of us posted chapters. All of them are good though, so I actually look forward to them. I think it'll be less overwhelming once I finish everyone's stories and then can just take an hour or two a week to read everyone's new stuff. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    Barbara - A United Reading Heptagon

That title just makes me smile. It's so quirky and ridiculous, yet also very accurate. I'm not a fan of my banner making skills, but someone should make us a banner or symbol or whatever.

And I may have missed this part of the discussion, but we are or we aren't listed in the main reading circle thread?
    It sounds like we are almost united on 'Barbara - A United Reading Heptagon'. :D
    I see what you did there, haaaaaa
    I've been doing horrible with my reading, I'm such a slow reader I usually need to come back a couple of chapters because I always forgot what happened. I seriously don't really like bingeing a story because it took so much time but once I caught up I enjoy the reading. I'm never really the one who read a book from top to bottom, that's why they have chapter so I could read them one by one. Thankfully most of the story had a short chapter so reading 10 felt like just reading one chapter.

I'm glad to see how everyone in here is so different. Even though I think there are a couple of advantage to have a group that has a similar stories genres but I think the diversity here actually help me learn how each other create their story.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ahh I'm free
    I'm actually free
    :sob: It finally ended! Now I can get back to reading! <3

@AudreyFld Man, I wish mine was 3 days long. It ended up being 9. :( It was on first degree murder though, so I can't say it wasn't interesting to a point.

As for the topic on hand, the circle is listed on the reading circle topic... As "IDK Barbara?". :joy: I too am attached to Barbara in the name. I love that name, which is probably why it's one of the people names I always think about LOL.