Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Sourocha - I know that was a tough decision. :/ But maybe a liberating one? We will miss you and your insane characters! Good luck with school. That is definitely a priority. And who knows what will come after that? Please pop in and let us know how things are going.

Now who is going to pick up the mantle and ask random questions to get us out of a lull? :joy:

pJJwA.gif

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2017
    Aww @Sourocha :( We will miss you! But I'm glad you're doing what's best for you :heart:

I won't 100% remove you, I'll put you as "inactive" just in case :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Aww, @Sourocha :sob: We'll definitely miss you!
    I understand when you say it doesn't feel fun anymore. It's always good to take time off and come back to it when you're in a better place. Balancing hobbies with work/school is always tough. I feel you! Since I'm in school too (for at least another year or two--Time is kinda wonky right now so I can't even tell ahhahaha :sob:) I feel like vacations or weekends aren't as long enough to write or do any hobbies... I wish I was already done and working instead of being in school so my personal time would stay personal and not filled with so much studying! (Well... It'd still be filled with studying, but it would be on independent topics that I'm not going to get graded on. :joy:)

It's okay to pop in every now and again like before, even when you don't have a story anymore :'(@AudreyFld is right, who's going to ask random questions now? :sob: You're always welcome back to come in with a new story or whatever you want to do <3 Good luck with school and all your endeavors! <3<3<3

Speaking of school... I'm kinda terrified for next week guys. We've been doing clinicals at a hospital for a while, but we were in pairs. We're going to be alone next week. Alone :fearful::cold_sweat: So far we've had patients who were really compliant, but I keep thinking negatively that one day I'm going to end up with a patient I can't handle and won't know what to do :fearful: It shouldn't even happen since my instructor checks these people out first to make sure we could do what we can for them but... Yeah, I've been sleeping kinda bad the past few days. (Too many weird nightmares. Is it because this month is ~spooky~? Probably because I keep watching the ID channel with my mom before going to bed these days)
    And our second exam is coming up. I feel a little more lax on that since it's on things I'm very confident about. ...But I don't think I should be. :s There's bound to be something I won't remember--Luckily my clinical group is trying to do this little study group thing tomorrow that I'm planning on going to. Fingers crossed that I won't suddenly lose all my wits :sob:

Somewhat related to my story, I think I'm low-key channeling my inner Lyle these days because I ended up color coding my nursing stuff as "green" and I found really cute frog-printed things to use. ...I should be channeling his successful doctor parents, or even Eugene since he's a nurse, not the guy that dropped everything and bolted lmaoo Maybe his imaginary qualities of being a quick learner will transfer to me, haha :joy:

Hope everyone is doing well!
    (Also @AudreyFld, I'll be reading your epilogue after I finish studying today <3)
  • Options
    @Cement - Good luck with the exams. And lol at your color coding! You will get a patient that notices your green theme and will ask you about it. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to here that conversation! :lol:
  • Options
    Best of luck to you, @Cement ! My brother is an RN so I know how stressful and crazy things can be! (I was a little kid when he was in nursing school (he's 12 years older than me haha) but I do have some memories of that time!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Okay fellow Barbarites - I need a name for my blog. I started to do New Beginnings but it sounded too much like Starting Over. It's going to loosely follow the Build Newcrest Challenge with maybe a little of I'm A Lover thrown in for drama's sake. :) Any ideas? I am trying to setup my Wordpress Site.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Hmm... I guess part of it depends on how much of a connection you want to your first story?

Like, Munterbacon suggested Ashes to Ashes as the name for my legacy because I wanted a clear connection between it and D2D.

If you wanted that connection, then I actually like the New Beginnings idea. Otherwise... hmm... I will ponder!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Okay - well I do want a connection - so maybe that is okay then. Trying to make a header now. I don't have a photo shop program so I am making do in Paint...so lame... :blush:
  • Options
    @Arrowleaf - I made a banner! In paint! :joy: Maybe when you get your PC back you can help me with a nicer one! I am going to have to get some sort of picture editing tools other than what came on my PC. I know @cement uses them a lot to get great screen shots. Now that I am in TS4 that seems like a requirement!

So - as you guys can see by my banner I have finally published the prologue of my new story New Beginnings! In TS4 AND on Wordpress! The darkside? That's an understatement. :p

<3 Thanks to you guys and especially @CitizenErased14 for being such a great support system! <3
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Hi everyone! It's taken me more days than expected to get back in the swing of things since I returned to the states.
    @AudreyFld I love you new banner! I'm really looking forward to catching up on everything. I still haven't read the epilogue. So excited!

I've missed you guys. I'm sad @Sourocha is gone.

How is everyone doing?
  • Options
    Hi everyone! It's taken me more days than expected to get back in the swing of things since I returned to the states.
    @AudreyFld I love you new banner! I'm really looking forward to catching up on everything. I still haven't read the epilogue. So excited!

I've missed you guys. I'm sad @Sourocha is gone.

How is everyone doing?
    Welcome back! We have missed you too! I hope you had fun on your trip. :)

It seems everyone has suddenly been super busy! Or in the case of @Arrowleaf - without a PC.

I have been on the road with work a lot! When I had a few minutes I could get in my game, I tried to get screenshots. So it's been very quiet around here! I just saw you posted a chapter for ISBI legacy. I love that one.

I am so proud, I made my new Banner in paint. Okay...I know it looks like it! But I don't have @Arrowleaf's mad photoshop skills nor the program to do it in...
  • Options
    I miss @Arrowleaf :bawling:

(Also, welcome back @cecerose0208 !!!!! :heart:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I miss you guys tooo. Welcome back, cece!

Things could've been better, definitely. I made appointments for things this week, but Chicago's getting a bit chillier (or rather, my room, really) so I've been canceling them when I shouldn't have been, all because the coldness makes me more tired and it takes me a while to adjust :sob::joy:

Also, the "name of the day" on Behind the Name is "Joseph." It's a sign that I should work a bit on my story, I feel LOL
  • Options
    Happy Post Halloween! I wanted to share a couple of Halloween pics from last night. We had a ton of trick or treaters! Enjoy!

Trick-or-treating in a tricked out golf cart!
    fE58It9.jpg

A hoard of zombies and other creatures!
    7ssYnVv.jpg
  • Options
    Ohh cute! I had class so I didn't get to dress up and trick or treat lol :sob: is my costume "exhausted nursing student"? Probably lmao

We ran out of candy in my hood, so my brother started giving out some of his extra comic books! So the little Captain Americas got some Captain America ones, etc :joy:

(Don't worry, the more graphic comic books went to teenagers/guardians who came along with kids :joy:)
  • Options
    Hahaha your brother is awesome @Cement !
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Ohh cute! I had class so I didn't get to dress up and trick or treat lol :sob: is my costume "exhausted nursing student"? Probably lmao

We ran out of candy in my hood, so my brother started giving out some of his extra comic books! So the little Captain Americas got some Captain America ones, etc :joy:

(Don't worry, the more graphic comic books went to teenagers/guardians who came along with kids :joy:)

Nah...we just turned off the porch light! No comic books for you!!!!!
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hey everyone! I'm working now on getting caught up with everyone I fell behind with. :D I miss everyone a whole lot and hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

I am so sad to see @Sourocha go. I know what you mean though, sometimes even things that we enjoy in life can turn into chores. Hopefully some extra spare time and the ability to focus on school a little more will relieve some of the pressure of life.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    @Sourocha I missed your goodbye post :( take care.

I feel like I have missed so much! After I planned out the rest of this generation I kind of hit a bump where I wasn't sure I wanted to write, if that makes sense but I keep thinking of the Gen Two couple (yeah I've already planned out who little Rylan ends up with hahaha) and I will most likely pick back up once the new expansion is released with a fresh burst of inspiration. I've updated the home page for the Bay Family and if you've seen it then you can guess who also ends up with who.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @LillyDoves - I'm sorry to hear you didn't want to write. Presssure to write can sometimes take the fun out of playing the game and just getting lost in it. But like you said, with new inspiration from Pets, who knows! :) I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. Thanks for checking in! I will check out your blog page too!

@Arrowleaf - I hope this means you have your PC back up and running! We have missed you too. :) We are anxiously awaiting more of your story. :)
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited November 2017
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @LillyDoves - I'm sorry to hear you didn't want to write. Presssure to write can sometimes take the fun out of playing the game and just getting lost in it. But like you said, with new inspiration from Pets, who knows! :) I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. Thanks for checking in! I will check out your blog page too!

@Arrowleaf - I hope this means you have your PC back up and running! We have missed you too. :) We are anxiously awaiting more of your story. :)

It does! I'm so happy to be able to play again. I missed it a lot. I know in an earlier post you mentioned your banner. I really like yours but if you want me to make you something simple (kinda like the ones I use), then I do not mind at all! :]

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member

I think a big part of it is I was trying to get everything done in this generation so I was ready to introduce a pet into the story but all the planning took the fun away. Definitely getting back into once Pets come out though and maybe throwing a pet into the mix. How does everyone handle new content? Do you immediately add new stuff or gradually? I’m tryijg to figure out what is the best way to introduce a pet into the story.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »

It does! I'm so happy to be able to play again. I missed it a lot. I know in an earlier post you mentioned your banner. I really like yours but if you want me to make you something simple (kinda like the ones I use), then I do not mind at all! :]

I would love that! <3 Let me figure out who I want in it and then I will get some screen shots you can use! It will probably a couple of weeks..
  • Options
    @LillyDoves How does everyone handle new content? Do you immediately add new stuff or gradually?. Good question. I think just as it comes up. If a pet works then add it, if not you will probably see them around. I know it does add some variety to the stories. I am not a good one to ask because I am still learning about TS4. :)
  • Options
    Hey guys, how's the weekend treating you all? I'm spending my time aggressively quizzing myself again for my next exam this week :s
    Welcome back again, @Arrowleaf! Glad to see an update :)

How does everyone handle new content? Do you immediately add new stuff or gradually?
    Whenever I get new content, it depends. If there are lots of CAS assets, I immediately go through them and start shoveling through my townies to give them one of the new hairstyles or a change of clothes. That usually applies to my townie kids or newly aged YA sims. I think I use the same things quite often so it's always nice to find something else to use 24/7, hehehe
    If it's furniture, then it's more gradual. It's more distinct in my actual save over my story save though. I tend to gravitate to more uh... What's the word... Not modern styled furniture (unless the house I'm building is a modern home) so I use the same ones often as well since TS4 has a lot of contemporary furniture. I'm looking forward to the new EP and Laundry SP since it's got a more rustic vibe. :)