Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a self-preservation mod or patch.

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
My favorite Vampire Sim is sun sensitive--very sun sensitive. Yep, she has level 3 thin skin (traditional) weakness. Yet she is not immune to object advertising (that's the code that make a Sim want to use the object) The higher the advertising that more likely the Sim is to use the object.

So being married to a human athletic husband I got him a basketball hoop. So the next thing I know she is outside shooting hoops and frying to death at the same time. I have two options: 1. Delete the hoop or 2. Put the hoop indoors or at least cover it.

In another instance she went on a date with her spouse. They returned home at the same time. She left the lot first as a bat and he walked to the exit point thus creating a delay. When he gets home she is still standing outside and its too late to save her. The work around was to have had her make and drink the sun resistance drink before I ended the date.

There really needs to be a patch or mod that will give all vamps a "self protection from the sun" override unless they have the sun walker power.

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Option 3 you could play basketball at night, Go on dates at night.

But elaborate on "Self-Protection" at first it sounds like You want vampires nerfed so they can walk in the sun...

But now I I just think you want another way to go out in the sun other than a sun resistance elixir

Maybe when Seasons comes, that patch before it, will do that. My hope is, that Patch will include basic weather, like temperature change, Cloudy, possibly rain, and all CAS clothing will give a have warmth bonus. in turn for vampires, certain outfits would grant protection from the sun like the Sun Hat, or an out fit that shows no skin.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    I think what she means, is vampires aren't stupid and they won't try to go outside and use an object when it's daytime and thus die in the sun. Or if they travel somewhere they immediately run to get inside to get out of the sun, rather than stand around burning up.

I wish vampires, if we aren't currently playing them, worked like Sims 2 vampires where they would not come out during the day at all and you could only invite them over at night.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    That was the impression that I got -- believe what the OP is looking for is an AI/behavioral change so that vampire autonomy is smart enough to avoid taking an action that would require them to be out in the direct sun. (For a lengthy period, anyway -- or that would at least abort an action and get them inside if they are out in the sun when their Vampiric Energy reaches a certain level.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I figured out after seeing an autonomous gathering of NPC vampires that they gathered at 6 PM when there was still sun light in Windenburg! The result was that those vampires started sizzling... Thanks god after a while they entered the Nightclub finally, but I didn't play them and they could have died... I don't know why EA didn't think to change the vampire group gatherings to around 7-8 PM because that is the time when they are save in most neighborhoods. However when I do not have gatherings of vampires, I never see them outside, no townie ever runs during daylight, except the Vatore siblings who can walk in the sun!
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    deml15, yes that is what I meant. I put in the basketball hoop for her husband and she went out autonomously to play in broad daylight. I have deliberately given her the max thin skinned weakness to make her a creature of indoors and the night. The "advertising" is what Maxis calls the coding to make a Sim go to do something if they are left on their own. By rights a vampire that is super vulnerable shouldn't want to go into the sun when they will fry in seconds and yet she was out in a heartbeat.

As a secret agent she goes to work in the morning and comes home at night so she is relatively safe, but I have her take the sunlight reversal drink before she goes to work. But I have had her just stand around in the sun when she came home when she had daylight hours. I cured that by queuing up the fly as bat command to fly inside so that it triggered the minute she got back.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yes I agree. I have a Dance Machine vampire that lives in my 'Single Guys' household. Basically, they are breeding/dating/marrying stock for my single girls.

One of my sim ladies visited the house, and lo and behold, the vampire guy is dancing to the back patio radio while frying in the mid-day sun.

Vampires have no self-preservation at all, and it's silly. They should KNOW better than to walk outside unless they have the sun protection trait maxed to 3 or use a potion.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    SageRainWillow, great minds think alike.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    There is a different problem. Its the delay. I noticed that since I installed vampires my sims stall all the time even up to the point when nothing happens on ALL my household members. I lost one member two times to sunlight in the early vampire stages because he just stood there in the sun and didnt respond to commands.

This happens across all my sims. I give them a command and it just queues even if there are no other commands. The sim just stands there for 5-10 seconds. Vampires notice when they burn but due to the delay sometimes they dont notice and when they have another command, manually or autonomously, queued they ignore the burning skin and eventually die.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    There is a different problem. Its the delay. I noticed that since I installed vampires my sims stall all the time even up to the point when nothing happens on ALL my household members. I lost one member two times to sunlight in the early vampire stages because he just stood there in the sun and didnt respond to commands.

This happens across all my sims. I give them a command and it just queues even if there are no other commands. The sim just stands there for 5-10 seconds. Vampires notice when they burn but due to the delay sometimes they dont notice and when they have another command, manually or autonomously, queued they ignore the burning skin and eventually die.

I have been having the same issue but I actually think it came from the toddler update since I don't have Vampires yet (so it can't be them for me at least) and it started right around the end of January.

Even though I don't have Vamps yet (soon very soon) I do think this is a good idea that makes sense especially there seems to be so many people having an issues with it.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Even though I don't have Vamps yet (soon very soon) I do think this is a good idea that makes sense especially there seems to be so many people having an issues with it.

Just some edits to that sentence.
    Even though I don't have Vamps yet (soon very soon) I do think this is a good idea to put in a system that makes them seek shelter especially since there seems to be so many people having an issues with it.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Guess we gotta wait 4 more weeks to find out.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    bless your heart for having the will to play a sim with the level 3 of that weakness. I've had more sims accidentally die in the sun WITHOUT the weakness in the past month than i have from anything else since the game was released.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2017
    Learn vampire lore and get plasma fruit garlic and wolfbane to make drinks at the bar, and turn off amorous
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    There is a mod for vampires, not affected over at MTS with the mod your vampires can be out in the day and the sunlight doesn't bother them, I use it and it still works with the latest patch. It might be something some of you are interested in. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589559
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

lilonesub wrote: »
    There is a mod for vampires, not affected over at MTS with the mod your vampires can be out in the day and the sunlight doesn't bother them, I use it and it still works with the latest patch. It might be something some of you are interested in.

i don't really see the necessity for a mod which does this especially since it can already be accomplished in the game..
    but furthermore I think the OP is satisfied with having a vampire who is extremely sensitive to sunlight for their own gameplay experience. they just don't want the sim to go out into the sunlight autonomously and get themselves killed.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    There is a mod for vampires, not affected over at MTS with the mod your vampires can be out in the day and the sunlight doesn't bother them, I use it and it still works with the latest patch. It might be something some of you are interested in.

i don't really see the necessity for a mod which does this especially since it can already be accomplished in the game..
    but furthermore I think the OP is satisfied with having a vampire who is extremely sensitive to sunlight for their own gameplay experience. they just don't want the sim to go out into the sunlight autonomously and get themselves killed.

Which is why I wrote that this mod "it might be something some of you are interested in"
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Which is why I wrote that this mod "it might be something some of you are interested in"

Which is a great thing to add to cover a pointless comment, of course, but since this is a topic about vampire autonomy and not about rejecting a feature of vampire gameplay, i don't think it will interest many people here at all!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited March 2017
    @CyrusTheLoser

OP states:
    "There really needs to be a patch or mod that will give all vamps a "self protection from the sun" override unless they have the sun walker power.

@lilonesub comments:
    There is a mod for vampires, not affected over at MTS with the mod your vampires can be out in the day and the sunlight doesn't bother them, I use it and it still works with the latest patch. It might be something some of you are interested in. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589559

Is there anything you don't understand? At least OP seems to be interested.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Which is a great thing to add to cover a pointless comment, of course, but since this is a topic about vampire autonomy and not about rejecting a feature of vampire gameplay, i don't think it will interest many people here at all!

I disagree.

Thread Title :WE NEED A SELF-PRESERVATION MOD OR PATCH.

The OP seems interested. At least enough to entertain the idea.

Bonxie wrote: »
    @CyrusTheLoser

OP states:
    "There really needs to be a patch or mod that will give all vamps a "self protection from the sun" override unless they have the sun walker power.

@lilonesub comments:

Is there anything you don't understand?

OP didn't ask for a change which makes their vampire traits useless, rather for an override which will protect the sim when they choose to do autonomous actions that don't make sense to their weaknesses (or an end to that situation happening in the first place).

if the OP wanted their vampire to not get hurt by the sun they would have just given their vampire sun resistance.

Now, is there something you don't understand? : )
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited March 2017
    @lilonesub @egwarhammer the OP is looking for a mod to make the sim stay out of the sun not an override fir the weakness she chose.

I disagree.

Thread Title :WE NEED A SELF-PRESERVATION MOD OR PATCH.

The OP seems interested. At least enough to entertain the idea.

Again, if they didn't want a vampire who was weak to sunlight, they would not have given their vampire level 3 weakness!
    So no, OP is not interested in this idea!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    @CyrusTheLoser

Maybe you should try to understand the whole converstation, not only a part of it.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    And this is why I spend more time on Discord than here.

Later!

Come back soon!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)